Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    the affliction mage tower pretty much requires a slow and the only reliable slow affliction warlocks have is from a specific legendary
    Really? I must be really good then because I did it without the ring and 920~ ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    the affliction mage tower pretty much requires a slow and the only reliable slow affliction warlocks have is from a specific legendary
    Nah, you can just have your infernal tank the boss and cheese him.

This is great news ^.^ I'm working on some of the skins for pally and was hoping to do mage and balance druid after if there was time. So glad I don't have to count down active cycles now that its close to shutting down!

(I already got assas/outlaw rogue and feral/bear druid :3)

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    But, didn't they say it was going away in the pre-patch?
    Yeah that's what I thought too. So this has to be happening VERY soon, cause I would imagine at the latest pre-patch is gonna be mid-July?

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    considering i had an ilvl of 914 when they came out (mythic NH geared with old paragon trait capped) 885 is far too low to meet the dps checks even if you include the new traits etc.

I did the monk dps (I know easy) and monk healing at 891 when they came out and I haven't done more than 5-6 heroic bossed all expansion.

Much better players could go way lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I did the monk dps (I know easy) and monk healing at 891 when they came out and I haven't done more than 5-6 heroic bossed all expansion.

Much better players could go way lower.
    WW monk one was the easiest by far to do, many classes and specs can't mathematically handle the mechanics with lower quality gear, a good example is the arcane mage version, it's just not possible to do enough dmg to the shield when you need to break it before he gets the cast off if you are sub 900 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Doable maybe. But speaking from experience, the Guardian challenge is far too frustrating without at least one of the 2 recommended legendaries. The level of RNG bullshit and commitment required is far beyond what most players would be willing to put up with
    All challenges are frustrating without recommended legendaries. Does not mean they're needed.

Nice! This makes coming back before the expansion to do the tower so much more convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Good for you guys?

I dunno. I want the Affliction Lock and Guardian Druid ones but the fact they're gated behind specific legendaries sucks
    You can do the aff lock without the ring. How to cheese:

1) Talent build. Absolute Corruption, Mortal Coil, and Grimoire: Supremacy are mandatory; rest are strongly recommended.

2) Summon your infernal and stand next to Karam. Do not cast anything just yet! When he says "I obey", activate Unending Resolve and let Karam hit you while you're spamming your infernal's basic attack button. You'll get knocked back while your tank picks up the aggro. Wait a couple seconds before going whole hog on Karam to be sure the aggro sticks. This portion doesn't need to be rushed, so give yourself some time to build up on souls.

3) When Karam is at around 33% health, he'll go into Purgatory. However, you can interrupt this cast with Mortal Coil (you need to be quick). When I did it, it gave me approximately another 30 seconds to work with. Be sure to renew Agony on Karam so that his health will continue to decrease while you focus on Raest.

4) Karam will go into Purgatory before Mortal Coil is back up and become untargetable (although Corruption won't fall off). Continue to focus Raest.

5) When Karam comes back out of Purgatory, he'll have lower health (as expected). But since we're cheesing this, it'll be even lower. Renew your DoTs so he'll return quickly to Purgatory and go back to dealing with Raest. It's at this point you should use your Drums of Fury to burst Raest the rest of the way down.

I never needed to switch out my infernal for the doomguard, though YMMV.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

A very nice gesture from Blizzard! I imagine this lifts at least some of those stones off the shoulders of players everywhere, scrambling to get all the appearances that they want. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you guys?

I dunno. I want the Affliction Lock and Guardian Druid ones but the fact they're gated behind specific legendaries sucks
    I've done all the challenges across all classes, all specs.
    Only my main had all legendaries. The challenges are less frustrating with the right legendaries, but in no shape or form gated and impossible.

I'd suggest bashing your head against them until you get it right, rather than giving up due to not having X leggos. You might end up regretting your decision!

Two days after I got the last one I really wanted, hah.

Ahh well I'll use this to make halfhearted attempts at the dozens of other ones I don't have but don't really want, but wouldn't mind having.

While nice, and I will keep trying at them, unlike all of you, I suck, so I doubt I'll get this even with this extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Doable maybe. But speaking from experience, the Guardian challenge is far too frustrating without at least one of the 2 recommended legendaries. The level of RNG bullshit and commitment required is far beyond what most players would be willing to put up with
    If it helps, here's the guide that I used. Its fairly short but the advice is really good. I didn't use the luffa's even though I had them (I got the balance shoulders and cape), but that guide is written for someone who has no legendaries or tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQ9PcAmd2c

Balance affinity is as important as bear tartare to eat. Velen does more damage as melee then as range, so the guide starts with pulling the boss closer.

Naturally dif people came up with dif methods most likely but hope this helps. GL and take care <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    WW monk one was the easiest by far to do, many classes and specs can't mathematically handle the mechanics with lower quality gear, a good example is the arcane mage version, it's just not possible to do enough dmg to the shield when you need to break it before he gets the cast off if you are sub 900 ilvl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGX8ycIKr6M

Day 1 of mage tower done by arcane mage at 898.

Also now we have 75 traits (rather than <40) and NLC.

885 was probably too low, but at least 895 or 900 tops to account for all the challenges.

Really top players had 900+ item levels on release of MT, and since its not repeatable no reason to try and go lower just for run. The floor is a lot lower than people think.

Yeah, the mage tower really isn't as daunting as most people think. Only 2 of them have anything even near required legendaries (Aff and Guardian) and even then there are ways to mitigate that. Skill and some perseverance is all you need, one can easily get an alt to 915+ in short order. Basically as soon as you have 2 leggys, any of them, you can do the challenge fairly easily, apart from the tank and healer ones which are trickier.

Great news imo. While i only need 3 apearences for 36/36, i imagine this will help the people who just started going for the apearences a great deal.

Hey that's great. I was literally just saying in guild chat this evening they should do this. I will take credit.

Good for you guys?

That's not even close to the case. You can one phase the affliction warlock one and I did the guardian druid with Soul and the frenzied regen boots, you just gotta manage your stacks right and hyperfocus when you get to kruul

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    How long would it take a 875 Feral Druid to gear up for it?
    Just use the lightblood elixir exploit. stack like 30 of them and down it in around 30 seconds.

Having just got Protection Paladin done yesterday... I never want to see a "tank" challenge like that again. That was a DPS/Interrupt race with BS mechanics all over (as all the tanks can attest to, since we got to share the experience mostly). Especially since they gave the Paladin version about double the health to get through (because balance?). The Retribution one isn't too bad, just need to, of all things, slow down my execution, and pay more attention. And never touching Holy. I don't heal.

Whether I get another class/spec or not... who knows. I doubt it though (no other 110s, to start with, just not had the interest to level others much).