Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    How long would it take a 875 Feral Druid to gear up for it?
    Just do it at 875. Agatha is extremely cheesable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    But, didn't they say it was going away in the pre-patch?
    insanely frustrating...i did it with just the legendary pants =( ilvl 930, probably around 60-70 tries

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Good for you guys?

I dunno. I want the Affliction Lock and Guardian Druid ones but the fact they're gated behind specific legendaries sucks
    i did the guardian on at 920 with NO legendaries. had really bad rng. how did i do it you ask? moonfire p1 boss until she died only going in to interrupt (getting in a swipe and a thrash on the way) and focus down the portal adds asap. kite the infernal and that was it she died easily before the third infernal spawn. p2 is the same as any other tank although i had 1 more infernal but thats no big deal. if you think you need luffa or any other lego to do that boss your just bad at the class.

Mighty decent of them. Still, though, would prefer it to not be removed at all...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Having just got Protection Paladin done yesterday... I never want to see a "tank" challenge like that again. That was a DPS/Interrupt race with BS mechanics all over (as all the tanks can attest to, since we got to share the experience mostly).
    It did involve the major points of tanking though: positioning, picking up adds, positioning, awareness, rotating cooldowns, positioning. As a solo challenge, it's sort of hard for it to not be a bit of a DPS race, honestly. And yeah, I am very glad that I will never again be knocked into the nether by an infernal (or an eye beam). Finally getting to Kruul on a new spec...get knocked off about five seconds in...shit...

Especially since they gave the Paladin version about double the health to get through (because balance?).
    Because Avenger's Shield (and Judgment).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Having just got Protection Paladin done yesterday... I never want to see a "tank" challenge like that again. That was a DPS/Interrupt race with BS mechanics all over (as all the tanks can attest to, since we got to share the experience mostly). Especially since they gave the Paladin version about double the health to get through (because balance?). The Retribution one isn't too bad, just need to, of all things, slow down my execution, and pay more attention. And never touching Holy. I don't heal.

Whether I get another class/spec or not... who knows. I doubt it though (no other 110s, to start with, just not had the interest to level others much).
    The tank challenge is the best one. I've completed all except bm monk

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    You can do the aff lock without the ring. How to cheese:

1) Talent build. Absolute Corruption, Mortal Coil, and Grimoire: Supremacy are mandatory; rest are strongly recommended.

2) Summon your infernal and stand next to Karam. Do not cast anything just yet! When he says "I obey", activate Unending Resolve and let Karam hit you while you're spamming your infernal's basic attack button. You'll get knocked back while your tank picks up the aggro. Wait a couple seconds before going whole hog on Karam to be sure the aggro sticks. This portion doesn't need to be rushed, so give yourself some time to build up on souls.

3) When Karam is at around 33% health, he'll go into Purgatory. However, you can interrupt this cast with Mortal Coil (you need to be quick). When I did it, it gave me approximately another 30 seconds to work with. Be sure to renew Agony on Karam so that his health will continue to decrease while you focus on Raest.

4) Karam will go into Purgatory before Mortal Coil is back up and become untargetable (although Corruption won't fall off). Continue to focus Raest.

5) When Karam comes back out of Purgatory, he'll have lower health (as expected). But since we're cheesing this, it'll be even lower. Renew your DoTs so he'll return quickly to Purgatory and go back to dealing with Raest. It's at this point you should use your Drums of Fury to burst Raest the rest of the way down.

I never needed to switch out my infernal for the doomguard, though YMMV.
    He was dead before the second purgatory came up for me (920ish). If you can go ham at about 40% then you'll have loads of dots that will just tick down and kill him. I think I used Contagion for this instead of AC and loaded up a bunch of UAs for it. He died while he was following me around then it was just a matter of nuking the adds and focusing Raest. Either way, it's made significantly easier with Mortal Coil .

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    As a solo challenge, it's sort of hard for it to not be a bit of a DPS race, honestly.
    That's horseshit though. Look at the God Queen challenge. It's not at all a dps race (though dps obviously helps and there is the shield-bust necessity), it's purely about doing mechanics intelligently and not losing your head.

Blizz could very easily have given us a halfways intelligent dps drone to do the damage while we held aggro and survived and did positioning type stuff, instead they made us fully responsible for our own healing and damage output on top of everything else.

I've got it done on three classes (Warrior, Druid, and DH) so far, so I'm not crying from a position of failing at it, but these are by far most challenging of all the challenges I've done. The dps ones are stupid cake by comparison. I cannot judge the healers.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...and people say Blizzard don't listen? Yet another proof they do!

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you guys?

I dunno. I want the Affliction Lock and Guardian Druid ones but the fact they're gated behind specific legendaries sucks
    Eh, they are not. You can do them without, you just need to play better. Hate saying it, but that's the reality of it.

Correct. You can do aff lock with any legendaries or even no legendaries if you do the cheese strat. As for guardian druid i'm not going to say it's super easy without the right legendaries, but it can be done without them if you're motivated.

Good for you guys?

I did the guardian one just fine with only sephuz, just learn the fight

Good for you guys?

i did them without the legendaries. if you get enough gear you won't need them. for affliction you should tank the first guy with pet and nuke him. then burn the boss with drums. if you don't have enough dps to kill the boss right away use your drums for when the first guy gets up again and burn him asap. the boss should be low enough by then to kill him after.

bear challenge is just a matter of playing well. also you can hit the boss from outside his aoe without luffas or the other one. if you get enough gear you can kill the first guy really quick so that it doesn't even matter.

To all the people crying and haven't completed this challenge (YET): you either were not playing the game or you weren't trying. To not get this on 2-3 chars (your main and lets say some sweet looking ones like Druid bear, Blood DK, Disc priest or wtvr) it means you weren't trying.

At 930 all challenges are trivial except Fury warrior which is a pain, Affliction unless you have ring or cheese it, Sub rogue if you aren't a multitasking god and most tank challenges (although there's a blood dk at 950+ that zergs bosses down without at least 1 infernal lmao).

If you are 930+ and don't at least understand the fight or your spec by now with all the world buffs (for Agatha), flasks, augment runes, 72+ in your weapon you might not deserve it. Gl trying tho

P.S. I'm 36/36

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good for you guys?

Did affliction lock with just Prydaz and the army of the light quest ring. If you time your mortal coil on the tank boss so it hits him just as he's going immune you can skip an entire phase, it makes it much easier. Just have your infernal tank him so you don't get your ass beat (Let him hit you at the start of the fight and have your infernal on defensive).
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-06-06 at 07:37 AM.

It's 2018 and people are still having problems with Mage Tower challenge... SMH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Just do it at 875. Agatha is extremely cheesable.
    Also, with that change you also can ensure that the Command Center is up when you do the Agatha Challenge, which adds on top to the Argus buffs (Lightblood elixir, for example), and Falcosaur Omelette food. You can also use at least one of the Druid farm plot buffs from the OH.

With Command Center and other buffs, you kann melt her even with specs you never played before, with any legendaries. Just like I did on my feral druid with 970 legendaries (talent ring + crafted boots), about 905 item level, 4th golden trait unlocked, but not many concordance, and some mediocre stat stick trinkets. I literally set up my action bars before I went into challenge, and I was more learning to play the spec and the proper use of CDs then anything else. She was down after less than a dozen of tries.

With current gear available, where you can get 920+ item level with casual play, Agatha is a joke with all buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yverodagny View Post
    I did the guardian one just fine with only sephuz, just learn the fight
    I also could down Guardian without Luffa or Eko. I had tank boots and talent ring. If you lack on DPS or survivability, just overgear the challenge and learn the mechanics. It also helps to start in Moonkin form (with Moonkin affinity, ofc), and DPS the inquisitor until you have to interrupt the first time.

Heirloom DPS trinkets from WoD also help a lot in the tank challenge, because demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Having just got Protection Paladin done yesterday... I never want to see a "tank" challenge like that again. That was a DPS/Interrupt race with BS mechanics all over (as all the tanks can attest to, since we got to share the experience mostly). Especially since they gave the Paladin version about double the health to get through (because balance?). The Retribution one isn't too bad, just need to, of all things, slow down my execution, and pay more attention. And never touching Holy. I don't heal.

Whether I get another class/spec or not... who knows. I doubt it though (no other 110s, to start with, just not had the interest to level others much).
    If you have Tyelca & Sephuz as legendaries, than this is by far the easiest tank challenge. I did this one twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's 2018 and people are still having problems with Mage Tower challenge... SMH
    lol I did em all with q gear u all sux
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    lol I did em all with q gear u all sux
    I've done them with green random drops and with only one trait!

These are great news. I usually dont have time to finish my few Mage Tower challenges on weekdays and Tower is not often up on weekends.

are the challenge artifact skins going to be shared across all characters after legion?, i have a low level monk im leveling on a different server that i want to use the skin on, i doubt i have enough time to get it to 110, gear it up to 930+ before the end of legion ( p.s i actually have a life outside of wow >.< )