Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druid, Guardian Druid, and Fury Warrior were the most annoying for me, because I hadn't played them the whole expansion.
    Frost Mage, Fire Mage, Havoc, Ret Pally, Doomkin, Feral, Destro, Affliction were all pretty easy, if I didn't have the best 2 legends I usually always had the neck or sephuz, so they were pretty easy 910+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    If you're not at 37/36 by this stage you may as well delete the game. And salt the earth, for good measure.
    I think we could salt the earth with all the tears from your edginess just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I think we could salt the earth with all the tears from your edginess just fine
    I like the cut of your jib. We'll have a meringue next time you're in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Aaaand as always Blizz caves to whiners and makes the things a lot of us have fought for considerable less prestigeous.

Oh well. Hopefully they're still going away in the pre-patch and if this "constant uptime" isn't more than 2-3 weeks it's not the biggest of deals I guess.
    It's a rather welcome change for those of us who can't play Wow during the 3 days the tower is up. If you missed that window for any reason, then you'd be forced to wait again for up to 9-12 days.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nah, you can just have your infernal tank the boss and cheese him.
    Any clues on how to get the infernal to grab him?
    Tried it several times on my lock and the infernal was always ignored, everything always came for me.

But will I still need 100 nethershards per attempt lol. That's actually been the harder part for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Aaaand as always Blizz caves to whiners and makes the things a lot of us have fought for considerable less prestigeous.

Oh well. Hopefully they're still going away in the pre-patch and if this "constant uptime" isn't more than 2-3 weeks it's not the biggest of deals I guess.
    Its not like they're replacing the bosses with trash mobs, for shits sake--people still have to do the challenges. I've seen a lot of responses like this and the flack is kind of stunning even by forum-standards.

I already had the major skins from the tower I was shooting for but am glad for the extra time to work on my pally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    But will I still need 100 nethershards per attempt lol. That's actually been the harder part for me.
    Why?

Do the treasure chest WQ every time it's up. Takes a minute and most of that is flying to broken shore. Takes like 20 minutes to roll through all your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Why?

Do the treasure chest WQ every time it's up. Takes a minute and most of that is flying to broken shore. Takes like 20 minutes to roll through all your characters.
    Is that the questline with the Wyrmtongue? Never did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Tried it several times on my lock and the infernal was always ignored, everything always came for me.
    Put infernal standing on Karam. You stand far away, just inside max range of Mortal coil. Target Karam. Just before the "I... obey" blow your infernal's meteor smash cooldown, then SPAMSPAMSPAM your infernal's attack button.

You'll get streaks where he won't hit and karam will still fixate on you just jump off the edge and reset.

But when it works, he's locked on your infernal forever no matter what you do. Stay at

Your next hurdle is properly using Mortal Coil to break his Purgatory. You set up a macro that targets Karam and casts Mortal Coil. The instant you hear Raest yell "Useless!" you slam that macro. the travel time on the spell means it will hit after he goes untargetable but before he completes his cast, and will lock him out shifting to the intermission.

Most of the difficulty, if you can call it that, relates to just accepting that these things are going to bug frequently and you may spend 15-20 attempts if you have an unlucky streak but the one time it all works you'll laugh your way to a kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is that the questline with the Wyrmtongue? Never did it.
    Well do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nah, you can just have your infernal tank the boss and cheese him.
    When they boosted the bosses health that tactic isnt that viable any more. Its good for a solid start but the infernals aggo is complete shit and when you burn the guy down to go into the next phase you will pull off the pet. Lucky for me the ring was one of the first Aff legos that I received so at 890-ish the fight wasnt too bad lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Good for you guys?

I dunno. I want the Affliction Lock and Guardian Druid ones but the fact they're gated behind specific legendaries sucks
    I did the Guardian one with Soul of the Archdruid and Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, i'm sure you can do it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    When they boosted the bosses health that tactic isnt that viable any more.
    Bullshit. Just did it monday night and it was the easiest thing ever. Good for you doing it as intended, props for that, but don't spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I did the Guardian one without luffa's/chest, its not THAT hard. And you can cheese the aff one
    If anything it is doing it with the ring that is the cheese method. Glitching the way through first purgatory helps, but you still need moderately decent dps for it afterwards. With the ring the damage requirement is much lower and you can essentially roll your face on your keyboard in order to complete it that way. Though I suppose the Infernal tank part of the glitch makes that even easier. Which, given the fact that outside of the ring - with the second most viable method being a literal bug - Aff does not have proper tools to deal with the encounter sans overgearing it, makes the design rather crap.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-06-06 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    It's a rather welcome change for those of us who can't play Wow during the 3 days the tower is up. If you missed that window for any reason, then you'd be forced to wait again for up to 9-12 days.
    Yes, I missed a lot of those windows too. The time pressure was one of the reasons this was hard in the first place. But again, considering the limited time left it's not such a big deal. People still need the gear and enough shards and everything else that is time-gated to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Its not like they're replacing the bosses with trash mobs, for shits sake--people still have to do the challenges. I've seen a lot of responses like this and the flack is kind of stunning even by forum-standards.

I already had the major skins from the tower I was shooting for but am glad for the extra time to work on my pally.
    I would've loved to relax some and focus on getting the skins during some weeks of constant up-time too, but I actually wanted the skins so instead of being a self-entitled whiny pleb who thinks that "challenge" items are everyones right to get instead of something you have to work for, I went out and actually got them.

To clarify I'm not really that upset that people get a few weeks of constant up-time since gear and shards will still be limited, I'm miffed at Blizzard for caving to the entitled plebs who gets what they want through whining rather than just doing what is needed. If this would've been something planned, which it clearly isn't, it would've been completely different.

You stand near him when he spawns and knocks you away with his shield the first thing he does, meanwhils you spam taunt with your infernal. It works most of the time if done correctly.

Can't wait to see the people who claimed this was the only thing holding them back still fail to do them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Put infernal standing on Karam. You stand far away, just inside max range of Mortal coil. Target Karam. Just before the "I... obey" blow your infernal's meteor smash cooldown, then SPAMSPAMSPAM your infernal's attack button.
    I tried this too, and while it works now and then (it's how I first noticed it was possible) it's far more unreliable than taking a hit from him at the start which works a majority of the time.

Why are they doing this? Stop giving away everything for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Can't wait to see the people who claimed this was the only thing holding them back still fail to do them.
    Hehe. Whines about it costing nethershards coming up next?

A way that I found much more consistent than what @Heladys said is to stand together with your Infernal on top of him at the start. He will knock you away and then switch to Infernal instantly. If you are lucky he will glitch twice and not only focus on the Infernal but also gain no stacks during the fight so you will not need to even heal your Infernal. As for the knockback at start, you may need to cast Unending Resolve at the start if your max health is on the lower side. Otherwise you may die in one hit.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-06-06 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.