Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Is it damaged or was she portrayed as high on drugs?
    damaged. hey, the stuff is old as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    You can't be "half jewish", it is not a race.
    Its both a religion and a race.

The same reason we deny that Jesus was a dinosaur.

I dare you to go to Egypt and tell someone they are African...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because as we know, all art is made to be 100% realistic and stylistic license is never taken.

Especially during the Amarna period of all things.
    AFAIK Amarna art WAS realistic ? Usually pharaos were depicted as proud and pretty, regardless of actual age at time of depiction; the paintings of Echnaton and Nofretete were different. the bust should be a pretty close version to the actual queen then.
    Nofre is on exhibition in Berlin, if somebody is interested. husband Echnaton too.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Egyptians are Africans...as are Berbers, Afrikaners, Cape Verdeans, etc.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    by geography they are and since you cannot have a dispute with Narmer or the real Scorpion King (yes, the guy existed) ?

North Africans are caucasian. Egypt is in Northeast Africa. Not really a hard concept to grasp. Egyptians painted representations of themselves with light brown skin so obviously they were brown not black.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2018-06-06 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Egyptians are Africans...as are Berbers, Afrikaners, Cape Verdeans, etc.
    Then you wouldn't have an issue going to Egypt and telling someone on the street this.

Deleted
    Is it common belief? I learned this fact in Elementary School and pretty much every reputable documentary on the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade mentions or shows this.

Although now that you mentioned it, there were differences in the slavery practiced in West Africa and that of chattel slavery. Chattel slavery is slavery that is dehumanizing (chattle = cattle) and was practiced in the Americas, a slave was an animal and who's children would also be born into slavery as animals. In West Africa however, slavery was different, slaves could be freed and assimilate into the society that enslaved them, their children were born free and parts of that society.
    Chattle slavery evolved out of serfdum which evolved from the roman slavery system which evolved from Greek each level got a littel more harsh. There's not much difference between a serf and a Chattle slave, both were property, both were condemned to servitude in perpetuity ( there kids and kids kids were automatically slaves) roman slavery was similar in the birth department but slaves had greater legal protection

Not sure is this is bait but whatever, I'll bite...

Ghana, Songhai, Mali, Aksum, Swahili City-States, Kanem-Bornu, Cush and Punt.
    As I have said there was never advanced black civilization. Given examples have one thing in common: trade routes. That is the only way they could ever develop beyond mud huts. No so different than later african colonial endevors but without colonial aspect of it. All of it thanks to white men who invested their money and time in making passages easier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post

This plus let's play a game of hangman:

R_CISM; would you like to guess a letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    advanced black civilization.

hahahahaha omg

ya #africa
    lul

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    As I have said there was never advanced black civilization. Given examples have one thing in common: trade routes. That is the only way they could ever develop beyond mud huts.
    So basically how every civilization develops? Through trade and migration.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    hahahahaha omg

ya #africa
    lul
    : )
    So basically how every civilization develops? Through trade and migration.
    Yes, through trade and migration of whites and asians.

Then you wouldn't have an issue going to Egypt and telling someone on the street this.
    Anyone from Egypt here? We you aware that you're an African ethnic group inhabiting the continent of Africa?

I really don’t get why so many black people obsess over Egypt... like your ancestors were west African slaves generally so no ties to the east in general at all.

Deleted
    Erm you might as they define them selves as Arabs now post the Islamic expansion of I think was the 2nd or 3rd caliphate that spread to Southern Spain at its height. We are talking about a people's that has long been killed off and consigned to history. Just like the people of turkey are not Greek even though in history that land was inhabited by hellenic people's.

Displacement happens

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    That DNA is not bait people. I actually saw it on the history Channel a few months back, they could've been lying sure but it seemed pretty sure. Not to mention the paintings on the wall of ancient Egypt fully support they were black or dark skinned.
    The paintings on the walls of ancient Egypt show light-skinned Egyptian rulers employing dark-skinned foreign slaves to build their pyramids, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the dead center of Africa? have you ever looked at a map?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.