Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Seems pretty excessive to me.

https://www.reuters.com/video/2018/0...videoChannel=1

Cheers
    For some stark contrast. There is a video of a 16 year old palestinian girl yelling at and smacking around an armed Israeli soldier. He has an assault rifle on his person he literally does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Secretly I am hoping for a day when general off topic is used for more than discussion of controversial stuff. Be nice to see more... y'know, uplifting threads here, rather than drama this, drama that...
    A good percentage of the posters here are liberal race baiters who every day make Thurgood Marshall's saying about race baiters all the more timeless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I had a feeling it wasn't provided with the way some people were describing the incident.

For you and anyone else who want to see more:

As for my personal opinion, I think she could have handled this better. She was rude, which was uncalled for initially. That said, the officers did a horrible job de-escalating, and had no reason to do anything they did.

Something else, which I admit I don't fully understand. She was with someone else. Why did that person not get arrested the same as her? She was either of age, or under age. If she was of age, then the woman who was arrested, absolutely should not had been since there was a person of legal drinking age with the alcohol. If she was under age, and the officers were arresting them for possession, then they both should had been arrested. So I honestly don't understand that bit. It makes the entire situation even more questionable.
    She was going to get a warning. The other girl gave her information to the cop during the bleep(they weren't releasing their address etc on the news station it came from). The girl who did get arrested not only refused to give her information which would have led to just a warning, but then pretty much went full on rude. She was arrested more for obstruction and resisting not the alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yet... we constantly see simple things being ignored like not entering places, not being allowed to search cars, not being spoken to, being spoken to in a mean way, constantly leading to police officers trying to force something.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a teen girl.. come the fuck on.
    No, she told the police she was 20. Way younger people have been beaten way more for doing way less before, she was hit 2 times AFTER she tried to get out of being arrested- in the same situation she kicked several times at the officers. I don't care if you're 16 or 60, if you're physical against officers of the law you lose any sympathy from me. Especially if you're being arrested, doesn't matter what you did or didn't do before they told you that you were under arrest. Police can detain or arrest you for suspicion or obstructing alone, if you resist that arrest that's a felony regardless of what you did or didn't do before.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Police were suppose to be trained to not just punch people in the face. They ARE held to higher standards, they ARE supposed to deescalate. And if they cant deal with a single girl, they really should change their jobs.
    On her side - almost always hitting a cop, no matter how right you might be, is not the way. Huge mistake, which will cost her.

I see both sides failing here. But the comments on this thread... oh my. You all never change, do you?