Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you do not realize is that respec costs were not all that bad in Vanilla.

If you played a warrior you tanked
    If you played a Pally or Druid you healed.

Costs were worse in TBC because they started making off specs more viable.

Its not like as a Druid you could Tank in a five man then DPS in the raid that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post

Its not like as a Druid you could Tank in a five man then DPS in the raid that night.
    But there can be big differences between PvP speccs, Raiding speccs and solo farming specc, for example.

Respec costs affect what class I pick for a farming alt, you bet. A hunter is the only real choice here. If you have a hunter alt to farm with, you can sustain anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Well, since you haven't presented any arguments for why it would be so absurd to take respecc cost into consideration, people might just make this 'association'.
    the respec cost structure is one thing I expect to be substantially reduced or eliminated, as well as some other facilitation measure(s) implemented (aside from having to go to trainer to respec, unless they add more trainers around the map).

- - - Updated - - -

there actually were players in vanilla who did things besides raid, and this goes beyond the entire respec while leveling as new options/combos open up at higher levels.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Gold was WAY easier to come by in TBC though. Respec costs were insane in vanilla. If you wanted to PvP effectively between raids, and you're raiding 3 nights a week, then that's 300g in respecs per week. Let alone all your consumes, repairs etc

I'd wager that a decent percentage of the population back then never even had 300g in their bags at any time let alone had it to spend per week.

Not at all. Going to roll Hunter like old times when I started. Even the extra cost of ammo and/or pet food won't change my mind. @Gavll: Depends how badly you wanted. I didnt respecc on my hunter/warr/rogue. Main was Hunter, but still... I played with what I had (with success) as I was not going hardcore in both PvE and PvP (would be totally instane back in the days to do so :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be playing a healer, so my respecs are donation funded.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Would absolutely love this as the only change in Vanilla, 50g is absurd. I don't want to have to pay 50g for a 1 hour MC clear only to spend another 50g to go back to pvp spec/dps spec. A 5 - 10g cap like on private servers is perfect imo.

No and people who complain about this are being ridiculous. You can easily farm 50g in an hour and if you are playing the game enough to need to respec weekly, you are simply lying to yourself if you think you don't have the time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    No and people who complain about this are being ridiculous. You can easily farm 50g in an hour and if you are playing the game enough to need to respec weekly, you are simply lying to yourself if you think you don't have the time for that.
    You are the one being ridiculous. That 50g/hour farming is something only doable by some classes and they will wanna use that 50g for consumables, repair bills and various stuff. Some people wanna farm in farming speccs. Paying 50g just to be able to do that and then another 50g to switch back.

You have to be a blinded fanboy not to see that 50g just to change a single talent point is just stupid...

You would't mind spending 50g just to use the auction house every time you wanna do that?

You are the one being ridiculous. That 50g/hour farming is something only doable by some classes and they will wanna use that 50g for consumables, repair bills and various stuff. Some people wanna farm in farming speccs. Paying 50g just to be able to do that and then another 50g to switch back.

You have to be a blinded fanboy not to see that 50g just to change a single talent point is just stupid...

You would't mind spending 50g just to use the auction house every time you wanna do that?
    It's really not ridiculous, though. For one thing, this forces you to actually consider whether what you're doing is worth your time.

Additionally, and I'd like to make this as a general/blanket statement, everyone wanted Vanilla WoW. Not Vanilla WoW with x cost lowered or y requirement reduced. This is what you asked for. Stop whining about how things used to be after asking for things to be given to you exactly as they used to be.
    Last edited by trognar; 2018-06-07 at 08:56 PM.

IF you are scared of respec costs go lock. YOu spec SM/Ruin and you stay it for the entire expansion.

Deep Frost spec'd Mage, it takes care of everything. I will most likely be rolling one of the following: Mage, Rogue or Lock. You'll be able to find me on easy street, EU.

What @trognar said. Also you don't need to be in a farming spec in order to get that much gold. If you are raiding/PvP at the level to respec often, you can easily clear BRD by yourself or with a friend and get that much gold.

I would be a blind fanboy if I said the game would be ruined without this. It wouldn't be but it is a pointless change that makes the game easier simply because people who have likely not played vanilla or a private server are worried about it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by trognar View Post
    It's really not ridiculous, though. For one thing, this forces you to actually consider whether what you're doing is worth your time.

Additionally, and I'd like to make this as a general/blanket statement, everyone wanted Vanilla WoW. Not Vanilla WoW with x cost lowered or y requirement reduced. This is what you asked for. Stop whining about how things used to be after asking for things to be given to you exactly as they used to be.
    What are you talking about? Stop putting words in my mouth.

What @trognar said. Also you don't need to be in a farming spec in order to get that much gold. If you are
    raiding/PvP at the level to respec often, you can easily clear BRD by yourself or with a friend and get that much gold.

I would be a blind fanboy if I said the game would be ruined without this. It wouldn't be but it is a pointless change that makes the game easier simply because people who have likely not played vanilla or a private server are worried about it for some reason.
    You're the one who has seemingly never played Vanilla when you say 100g is nothing. For some reason? You should read the posts you reply to.

You're the one who has seemingly never played Vanilla when you say 100g is nothing. For some reason? You should read the posts you reply to.
    50g not 100g, either way it can be farmed in an hour. That is time spent out in the game world, actually partaking in the game itself. But only an hour though. In other words, a similar amount of time that it takes to make threads complaining about it.

50g not 100g, either way it can be farmed in an hour. That is time spent out in the game world, actually partaking in the game itself. But only an hour though. In other words, a similar amount of time that it takes to make threads complaining about it.
    I would love to hear your Vanilla "100g an hour" farming techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I would love to hear your Vanilla "100g an hour" farming techniques!
    Check out the video I linked above. There are also a ton on Youtube/other sites. BRD is my favorite, I used to do that a lot on the private-server-that-must-not-be-named. Vanilla has been theorycrafted and played to death so it's actually much more accessible than it used to be.

Check out the video I linked above. There are also a ton on Youtube/other sites. BRD is my favorite, I used to do that a lot on the private-server-that-must-not-be-named. Vanilla has been theorycrafted and played to death so it's actually much more accessible than it used to be.
    That's great for mages with +400 spell power, but I have a hard time believing that healers in dps spec with only +healing power are going to have much luck there.

Deleted
    Doubt it. I'll roll a Shaman as I did back then but this time I will stay Enhancement.

In my view vanilla will be a way for me to choose my destiny, as I originally intended. I only went Resto because my friend (who introduced me to the game) was in a raiding guild. He got me into that raiding guild and told me I had to spec Resto if I wanted to join the raids (and I did want to join the raids, it was raiding that originally got me interested in WoW). It moved into TBC and I was still Resto, I just remained that way and ...well, I still main Resto Shaman to this day. I do like it or else I'm sure I would've re-rolled by now, but I kinda wanna experience more of Enhancement at level 60 vanilla style.

Which is why I'll make a Shaman on classic, stay Enhancement and PvP like hell.