Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Time to let our hopes up only to let the likes of people like Jay Wilson shit on them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Personally, because gameplay and reward structure/progression is shallow and boring as hell. D2 and ARPGs generally are about item hunting, which is completely absent in D3. Agree completely on the combat - which is top notch and i like it a lot - and also having freedom in building is nice; this until you discover that builds are just premade for you with sets and the actual endgame is just a random dungeon with progressively increased numbers to level up gems that give you bigger numbers.

PoE for example has a lot of success not only because every season tries to bring new mechanics, but mostly because making a character feels rewarding and compelling.

I think a new Diablo game should just take the best of both worlds since we have perfect examples of things done really well and others that are completely crap.
    Agree with this.

It feels like seasons has one thing completely lacking for making the game actually fun. New gearsets.

Each season should introduce a new gearset that alters gameplay. Doesnt matter if the game isnt 100% balanced between everything. Thats not how ARPG's are supposed to work.
    The only interesting part of D3 atm is for the top 1% who has a chance of winning the ladders(i guess, if its even interesting for them). THe rest of us has virtually no progress and literally no reason to play the next season.

I dont understand why they would limit(and yes i do mean limit) the specs to a few different sets and then stop making sets. THis literally means only a few builds are viable because the sets are so strong.

It seems extremely lazy to me. Something that defined D3's endgame pretty much its entire life cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Agree with this.

It feels like seasons has one thing completely lacking for making the game actually fun. New gearsets.

Each season should introduce a new gearset that alters gameplay. Doesnt matter if the game isnt 100% balanced between everything. Thats not how ARPG's are supposed to work.
    The only interesting part of D3 atm is for the top 1% who has a chance of winning the ladders(i guess, if its even interesting for them). THe rest of us has virtually no progress and literally no reason to play the next season.

I dont understand why they would limit(and yes i do mean limit) the specs to a few different sets and then stop making sets. THis literally means only a few builds are viable because the sets are so strong.

It seems extremely lazy to me. Something that defined D3's endgame pretty much its entire life cycle
    I compare Diablo 3's seasons to something like Path of Exile and just laugh my ass off.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Diablo 3 and enjoy playing it. But to be so BADLY outperformed and shown up by a F2P game? Shameful, Blizzard. Absolutely shameful.

I really hope whatever the next Diablo game is, it learns from games like POE. Diablo 3 with even half the mechanics of POE would be such an AMAZING game....

Huge hype huge boner huge wet right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Inb4 "We've now added LOOTBOXES! WOOO"
    Yes, they clearly needed to hire a dungeon/level designer to add lootboxes.. If the hiring is true, it is most likely D2 remasterd, D3 dlc/expansion or D4..

Agree with this.

Imho sets have to be gone entirely - or extremely reduced appeal. I mean, it's fine to have a 3 piece set that boosts all cold damage by a great amount via various bonuses, it's harder to hunt for but the tradeoff is better bonuses. It could be used by different classes if not all of them and could complement any cold damage build of choice.

Instead D3 has 4 options where you are tied to play like this or like that - no choice, with ususally one of the options clearly better (not really the case right now though). Also this locks you out of half your inventory slots, plus since skill choice is dictated by the set, the rest of the pieces are the ones that support that exact skillset - there's no middle ground, it's either strong or useless.

I played a lot of D3 and definitely got my money's worth, but there are some design choices that to me look more dictated by wrong core decisions in Vanilla that had to be dealt with the expansion leaving basically no room to try stuff to the game designers. And given how Blizzard simply axes down products (Path of the Titans in wow, project Titan, starcraft ghost) that don't live up to the franchise, it's pretty easy to see how D3 is kept alive because just killing it would be even more damage to the franchise which is in a not good place atm.

I'm pretty optimistic about the new Diablo game - they know what they're risking and they're going to go all out on it. Maybe it won't appeal to old school D2 players as much as new ones but playerbase has changed and they have plenty of data about things that work and ones that don't.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yes, they clearly needed to hire a dungeon/level designer to add lootboxes.. If the hiring is true, it is most likely D2 remasterd, D3 dlc/expansion or D4..
    Hoping for an expansion of D3 or even better: a new Diablo / D4!! *_*

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Blizzard is Blizzard.

Activision is Activision.

If Activision had total control over Blizzard, WoW would have died a long time ago, Diablo 3 wouldn't have changed RMAH until it was way too late, and RoS would have never been made.
    Even Overwatch had to fight to have the system they had in place now. I remember watching a video where they said there was pressure to sell the heroes individually. They had to fight for the game to have the loot box system they use now and have all future heroes added for all players.

I'm concerned that any new Diablo gave will have some way to monetize past the base game. All of Blizzard's game have it. Announcer packs, skins, mounts, extra missions. Diablo HAD the RMAH but it so heavily skewed the experience of the game in a negative way (and had massive backlash) they had to remove it. If Blizzard didn't add RoS, then the bad taste of Diablo 3 from launch would have tarnished the legacy of the franchise.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

My guess is D3 expansion. Would love to see D4 though. I really enjoyed watching people try to make their way through inferno on hardcore mode. That was no easy feat. I'm sure I have hundreds of hours in D3 as well. I definitely got my money's worth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Imho sets have to be gone entirely - or extremely reduced appeal. I mean, it's fine to have a 3 piece set that boosts all cold damage by a great amount via various bonuses, it's harder to hunt for but the tradeoff is better bonuses. It could be used by different classes if not all of them and could complement any cold damage build of choice.

Instead D3 has 4 options where you are tied to play like this or like that - no choice, with ususally one of the options clearly better (not really the case right now though). Also this locks you out of half your inventory slots, plus since skill choice is dictated by the set, the rest of the pieces are the ones that support that exact skillset - there's no middle ground, it's either strong or useless.

I played a lot of D3 and definitely got my money's worth, but there are some design choices that to me look more dictated by wrong core decisions in Vanilla that had to be dealt with the expansion leaving basically no room to try stuff to the game designers. And given how Blizzard simply axes down products (Path of the Titans in wow, project Titan, starcraft ghost) that don't live up to the franchise, it's pretty easy to see how D3 is kept alive because just killing it would be even more damage to the franchise which is in a not good place atm.

I'm pretty optimistic about the new Diablo game - they know what they're risking and they're going to go all out on it. Maybe it won't appeal to old school D2 players as much as new ones but playerbase has changed and they have plenty of data about things that work and ones that don't.
    Thats the worst part yeah. All those items slots that are locked to set items because literally nothing else compares. This also means that you need these items sooner because everything else is shit and you cant advance without them. SO you get them fast and anything from there is a minor upgrade. In D2 as a sorc getting a yellow item with +to cold skills and faster cast rate could be a really good item for a long time and carry you pretty far, but still knowing you could have those awesome runewords or really rare drops to look forward too. Its just not present in D3-

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Expansion would be good of course, but the real hope is a fresh start.

My wish for a new Diablo game would be a slightly reduced pace, and taking a sledgehammer to powercreep. Currently pretty much every piece of equipment must at a minimum yield a 50% multiplicative power increase to be remotely competitive, and set bonuses often grant around 2000% multipliers, that's just way too much. Instead of killing thousands of cannon fodder we could go down to just hundreds of somewhat stronger enemies, and not run at a speed where you barely see the terrain you pass. A bit more danger and darkness would be nice too. I also prefer boss fights to just be integrated into the levels rather than entirely separate, those instanced fights break immersion a little bit to be honest, though I do understand they did it to allow for more complex mechanics. Furthermore I think the D2 item system was better than getting spammed with useless legendaries constantly, but that again is the result of a system built entirely on constant powercreep.

Lastly they can't ignore PVP like they did with D3, PVP adds tons of replayability and fun without them having to create tons of assets. As long as it's not competitive balance doesn't need to be perfect either.
    Much love to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

Do you guys think that my 2D skillz are enough to apply and get this job?
    I would play it, you're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its just been assumptions and nothing has ever been confirmed. But now it is. Black on white from blizzard themselves.
    Nothing changed, it was like this for years. It was always black on white.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Blizzard functions separately from Activision despite what you think how mergers work. Bobby Kotick doesn't touch Blizzard's business models whatsoever.

That being said, the entire scope of the gaming landscape has changed over the past 10-15 years to the point where standard box models just don't work any more, and the biggest games in the business are F2P's like Candy Crush, LoL and Fortnite. It's ridiculous to not think that Blizzard would want a piece of that action, and that's what Lootboxes and Tokens are all about.

What bodes for Diablo is whatever Blizzard feels will work for the community. I mean we already seen them try and fail with RMAH, it's only a matter of time until they find something else that works. As it is, just expansions on their own are not enough to sustain it over the long haul. I wish they would have gone with a microtransaction approach the way SC2 has co-op commanders and Nova's missions. Honestly, I think people are open to having more content despite what anyone thinks of the business model.
    Exactly, besides Activision bought Blizzard because they were very successful. Why change that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Nothing changed, it was like this for years. It was always black on white.
    It was 'black on white' that they are working on an "unannounced project". But they never specifically said "for Diablo" before. I think that's what he meant.

Deleted
    Thats the worst part yeah. All those items slots that are locked to set items because literally nothing else compares. This also means that you need these items sooner because everything else is shit and you cant advance without them. SO you get them fast and anything from there is a minor upgrade. In D2 as a sorc getting a yellow item with +to cold skills and faster cast rate could be a really good item for a long time and carry you pretty far, but still knowing you could have those awesome runewords or really rare drops to look forward too. Its just not present in D3-

Set items are one of the largest fuckups of Diablo III. I mean I love that my Witchdoctor turned into a monster with Jade Harvester but now I'll need to keep using that set even if I get drops with better stats because me damage would plummet without the set bonuses. Basically once you get a class set, a hellfire amulet, a legendary weapon and a legendary gem at 25, it's over. You've hit maximum. All that's left is to grind paragon levels for no reason whatsoever. If seasons would bring special events, or no monsters, or anything to flesh out the story, that might be a reason to play. But not this.
    To be honest I still play Diablo 3 but only because it's the only game where I don't have to think at all. I can shut down my brain and murder monsters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Set items are one of the largest fuckups of Diablo III. I mean I love that my Witchdoctor turned into a monster with Jade Harvester but now I'll need to keep using that set even if I get drops with better stats because me damage would plummet without the set bonuses. Basically once you get a class set, a hellfire amulet, a legendary weapon and a legendary gem at 25, it's over. You've hit maximum. All that's left is to grind paragon levels for no reason whatsoever. If seasons would bring special events, or no monsters, or anything to flesh out the story, that might be a reason to play. But not this.
    To be honest I still play Diablo 3 but only because it's the only game where I don't have to think at all. I can shut down my brain and murder monsters.
    When i heard about themes i was like.... could be cool? Then i saw it and i was like.... what the feck?

Double goblins = get your set faster = even less reason to play

Edit: ok so tbh.
    At the start it felt pretty nice getting your set extremely fast in seasons. Felt like an actual upgrade from d2 where getting those BiS items took a toooooooooooooooooon of time. But after playing it for a few hours its just done. The game is over

I do not even care at this point. It is waaay too late.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not going to happen, but I've always secretly hoped for an MMO in the world of Sanctuary. It's a dark, horrible and bloody place with almost infinite possibilities.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    It was 'black on white' that they are working on an "unannounced game". But they never specifically said "for Diablo" before. I think that's what he meant.
    They did, It was Unannounced game under Diablo header Always was. I think someone from media just found out about it and tried to make story around it. Successfully. But doesn't matter in the end. Maybe it is good now more people know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    If money talks, they'd be selling the new races in WoW for 15 dollars a pop too.
    Dont give them any ideas....