Ox got a few FA cup trophies, he can get a job as a football pundit. Not sky sports level but maybe espn and their internet section.

Or he could join chelsea, they are gonna need some more overrated english players as the real talents leave because Abramovich is busy drinking vodka in Tel Aviv

Deleted
    He can join Barkley and they can talk about thier potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ox got a few FA cup trophies, he can get a job as a football pundit. Not sky sports level but maybe espn and their internet section.
    I dunno, they employed Carragher.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I dunno, they employed Carragher.
    One of the few highlights of the season for utd fans, beating liverpool and helping get Carragher fired after he spat at some kid and her dad because he was salty

Can we keep this about football, and not how hard you get thinking about being covered in Jamie Carragher's saliva?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Can we keep this about football, and not how hard you get thinking about being covered in Jamie Carragher's saliva?

Deleted
    Sad to see Fékir go.
    At some point we have to stop selling our top talents. Unfortunately, since PSG got financially doped we can't challenge for the league and our players leave, which means we can't challenge for the league and so on.

Depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Apparently Kluivert is close to signing for AS Roma. Why in the world they would want him I wouldn't know. He hasn't achieved a thing in his footballing career and his best performances were against relegation zone nobodies.
    Good riddance for 25m. More worrisome is de Ligt leaving, although I doubt you get him for anywhere near just 25m. I think he still has a 3 year contract.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Good riddance for 25m. More worrisome is de Ligt leaving, although I doubt you get him for anywhere near just 25m. I think he still has a 3 year contract.
    Rumour has it we were offering 55m for de Ligt and apparently that isn't high enough for Ajax.

He'll end up at City as a bench warmer on daft money at this rate.

Deleted
    Crystal Palace have signed Spanish goalkeeper Vicente Guaita from Getafe on a free transfer.

Opinions Spanish friends?

Considering we don't have any keepers in contract having one is probably a good thing, otherwise its Connor Wickham playing GK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Rumour has it we were offering 55m for de Ligt and apparently that isn't high enough for Ajax.

He'll end up at City as a bench warmer on daft money at this rate.
    Meh, all these players are leaving when they are way too young. They play one half decent season and think they can play in the PL. Granted, Sanchez managed to do just that but de Ligt is in my opinion not nearly ready yet. Having said that, City defense is trash, so it's not even impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Meh, all these players are leaving when they are way too young. They play one half decent season and think they can play in the PL. Granted, Sanchez managed to do just that but de Ligt is in my opinion not nearly ready yet. Having said that, City defense is trash, so it's not even impossible.
    Didn't Sanchez also have a great season for Ajax and a good EL performance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Didn't Sanchez also have a great season for Ajax and a good EL performance?
    He did yes, as in much better than de Ligt. Sanchez was uber impressive in that year for Ajax. Not saying de Ligt isn't impressive, given his age, but you can't compare his performance in Dutch league to how well Sanchez played in the EL. De Ligt also still makes quite some mistakes (again for the Dutch team against Italy as well), he's still not ready. A move to PL team would be a year too early.

He did yes, as in much better than de Ligt. Sanchez was uber impressive in that year for Ajax. Not saying de Ligt isn't impressive, given his age, but you can't compare his performance in Dutch league to how well Sanchez played in the EL. De Ligt also still makes quite some mistakes (again for the Dutch team against Italy as well), he's still not ready. A move to PL team would be a year too early.
    Hmm, I can understand why it would be good for him to be wait for a year before going to a big club but he would benefit from playing against better oppisition than the Dutch teams.

Kluivert to Roma could work out. To my knowledge they don't have a super left winger and Calcio A could be a good fit.

- - - Updated - - -

With the WC nearing I'm starting to feel more gutted that Holland won't play. I think I'll go for Germany in this WC. No Ox in England's squad so an English failure would be quite tasty.

IMO the Dutch team should consist mostly of the promising youngsters. Ofc they need some older players but I don't exactly get excited to see a 30 year old having his first game for the national team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Hmm, I can understand why it would be good for him to be wait for a year before going to a big club but he would benefit from playing against better oppisition than the Dutch teams.

Kluivert to Roma could work out. To my knowledge they don't have a super left winger and Calcio A could be a good fit.

- - - Updated - - -

With the WC nearing I'm starting to feel more gutted that Holland won't play. I think I'll go for Germany in this WC. No Ox in England's squad so an English failure would be quite tasty.

IMO the Dutch team should consist mostly of the promising youngsters. Ofc they need some older players but I don't exactly get excited to see a 30 year old having his first game for the national team
    True, he would benefit from playing against tougher opponents, but what happens with most players that leave too early (for example Depay) they end up on the bench and often get worse practice than in Holland (due to the busy match schedule). Instead of developing, they either stand still or regress. The Dutch league is of pretty poor quality but you learn more by playing than sitting on the bench. De Ligt still makes rookie mistakes. In Ajax he can make those, in the PL he'll get benched right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post

You miss nothing. Holland is at the moment terrible, and even worse to watch. The first half against Italy was so bad I almost stopped watching. That 30 year old, I assume you mean Ruud Vormer, he deserved that call up as he played an unbelievably good season in Belgium. I doubt he is the guy to get us through our rough patch (he was good against Slovakia but invisible against Italy) as I have more faith in Donny van de Beek but he really deserved that cap. Koeman is at the moment just testing. When the games get important I doubt you'll see Vormer in the starting lineup.

As to which team I'll be supporting on the WC; no one really but if I have to choose one team I hope it's Spain (even though they have the biggest cock in football in their team). I just love the way they play.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2018-06-08 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Who's blood is that?
    Someone throwed a golf ball at him during a match.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Crystal Palace have signed Spanish goalkeeper Vicente Guaita from Getafe on a free transfer.

Opinions Spanish friends?

Considering we don't have any keepers in contract having one is probably a good thing, otherwise its Connor Wickham playing GK.
    When he was with Valencia he was an extraordinary goal keeper. Not sure what has happened to him since a few years ago though. Seems strange that he would leave on a free transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its his own, but the man made Ramos look like Juan Mata,

a true football genius and master of the dark arts
    Here I thought Schumacher was worse!

Arsenal should start charging by the letter

can't wait for my Papastathopoulos kit

True, he would benefit from playing against tougher opponents, but what happens with most players that leave too early (for example Depay) they end up on the bench and often get worse practice than in Holland (due to the busy match schedule). Instead of developing, they either stand still or regress. The Dutch league is of pretty poor quality but you learn more by playing than sitting on the bench. De Ligt still makes rookie mistakes. In Ajax he can make those, in the PL he'll get benched right away.

- - - Updated - - -

You miss nothing. Holland is at the moment terrible, and even worse to watch. The first half against Italy was so bad I almost stopped watching. That 30 year old, I assume you mean Ruud Vormer, he deserved that call up as he played an unbelievably good season in Belgium. I doubt he is the guy to get us through our rough patch (he was good against Slovakia but invisible against Italy) as I have more faith in Donny van de Beek but he really deserved that cap. Koeman is at the moment just testing. When the games get important I doubt you'll see Vormer in the starting lineup.

As to which team I'll be supporting on the WC; no one really but if I have to choose one team I hope it's Spain (even though they have the biggest cock in football in their team). I just love the way they play.
    I was thinking of Vormer but I meant more in general. I do have faith in Koeman, the man should have got the job instead of Hiddink in the first place.