VDH souls question

Hi all. Long time lurker first time poster..

I've recently decided to give Vengence a go as a long time BDK. I wish I did it ages ago, and love the class.

My question is whether I have an issue with my WA ui, or if the game is working as intended In relation to souls. My soul tracker will go up as expected (and allowing for the souls to 'land' however sometimes while im still spamming fracture, before i can get spirit bomb off, the stacks to down to 3, then go back up. Is this something anyone else has seen and if so do you need to hold off fracture to allow the souls to land and then spirit bomb?

So, souls auto consume when more than 5 become usable. The problem there is the default indicator doesn't do a good job of telling us when souls are actually usable, it tells us when they are on the ground. We have a WA to better track when the souls become useable, but I've found that doesn't even really work perfectly. Soul Fragments are just weird.

To your second question though, no not really. If you use Spirit Bomb when the indicator gets up to 5, you'll most likely get a five soul spirit bomb (rarely 3 or 4, sometimes even 6, but most of the time 5) It's generally more of a dps and healing cost to try and slow down and wait for the counter to settle then to just use spirit bomb when you've got "enough". Though if you've got an ability to use in between Fracture and Spirit Bomb, it does help to let all the souls land

Also, unless you are going purely for dps, it is better to let souls auto consume normally, and use Spirit Bomb when you take a big hit, or to keep the debuff up.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    So, souls auto consume when more than 5 become usable. The problem there is the default indicator doesn't do a good job of telling us when souls are actually usable, it tells us when they are on the ground. We have a WA to better track when the souls become useable, but I've found that doesn't even really work perfectly. Soul Fragments are just weird.

To your second question though, no not really. If you use Spirit Bomb when the indicator gets up to 5, you'll most likely get a five soul spirit bomb (rarely 3 or 4, sometimes even 6, but most of the time 5) It's generally more of a dps and healing cost to try and slow down and wait for the counter to settle then to just use spirit bomb when you've got "enough". Though if you've got an ability to use in between Fracture and Spirit Bomb, it does help to let all the souls land

Also, unless you are going purely for dps, it is better to let souls auto consume normally, and use Spirit Bomb when you take a big hit, or to keep the debuff up.
    Are you using a WA then, or not (because you said it doesn't work properly)? Could you share it? <3

I don't personally use it, but I'm told a lot of top level VDHs do. I find it just as inaccurate as the default UI, just in a different direction; but they may have improved it since the time I was playing with it though. You can find it here. https://wago.io/BybApbo1G
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't personally use it, but I'm told a lot of top level VDHs do. I find it just as inaccurate as the default UI, just in a different direction; but they may have improved it since the time I was playing with it though. You can find it here. https://wago.io/BybApbo1G
    Amazing, thank you very much for your quick reply ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Are you using a WA then, or not (because you said it doesn't work properly)? Could you share it? <3
    I ask using a slightly different HUD to the one posted. I'll put it on here when I get back from work.

On the same point - is it possible for the souls to spawn at a location close enough to you that they automatically get absorbed? I've noticed before that despite fracturing my stacks don't go up above 1/2 and can't think that I'm casting anything else which would absorb them.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks very much that helps loads.

The souls usually spawn about 10-15 yards away either to the front-left or front-right of where your character is currently facing, but will spawn closer if the terrain blocks them. The pickup radius is about 10 yards. If you're moving around a lot (like you would in a dungeon) than it is really easy to pick them up without an ability, but that won't usually happen if you're standing still (the souls can't even be picked up right next to you if you don't move).
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

The souls usually spawn about 10-15 yards away either to the front-left or front-right of where your character is currently facing, but will spawn closer if the terrain blocks them. The pickup radius is about 10 yards. If you're moving around a lot (like you would in a dungeon) than it is really easy to pick them up without an ability, but that won't usually happen if you're standing still (the souls can't even be picked up right next to you if you don't move).
    That's really helpful. Thank you.