Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    As a Night Elf fan, you should know that true problem is Stormwind and their Human Potential.
    Dude do you even not tired? Last time when I see your posts 7/10 is crying about humans and their potential. Calm down this line never made into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Dude do you even not tired? Last time when I see your posts 7/10 is crying about humans and their potential. Calm down this line never made into beta.
    First, its the fact that they even thought the line is a good idea. Second, its not even about the line but what it represents, and we can still see it ingame with Night Elves sucking up to humans with every oportunity.

But thats how you like it, isnt that right?

Well... Goblins are good with money, so...

I don't think it's just Alliance tbf. Goblins' home in Orgrimmar were dirty slums.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I think the Alliance would/could peacefully co-exist with the neutral goblin factions well enough. They don't really have any reason to attack them considering their mercenary nature and the amount of gold business with them brings in.

B-But they attacked the Bilgewater goblins without provocation!

Not because they were goblins, but because the Alliance were pulling a Sylvanas. They were being naughty and capturing Thrall, and as the captain said when he gave the order, "Dirty goddamn greenskins, send 'em to hell! I HATE goblins!" ahem, "No witnesses."

They were just cleaning up. Ironically they probably would have gotten away with it if they'd just ignored the goblins entirely.

The old story... this guy who rule is not a nice person, so the entire nation is the same. Society is ruled by logic of averge people , even in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Horde was trying to harvest it in secret and kill anyone who knew about it. Yes they didn't know what it was but they could clearly see the tremendous power it held, it even made Anduin worried. Sorry but any sane person knows that Sylvanas doesn't want these things for peaceful purposes.
    Actually, in a way, she does. Sylvanas absolutely wants peace and security for the Horde. It is pretty much her number 1 priority. And the best way to secure that is to be sufficiently powerful that your enemies (here's looking at you Genn) are incapable of challenging you. I don't think any nation in history has ever achieved peace and security by being weak and submissive. You achieve peace by being strong and demanding it, not by being weak and begging for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The whole Dark Iron genocide on the Goblins is a gigantic warcrime that is played off as a lighthearted joke.

Yes, sure there is a similar quest about killing Gnomes in Uldir, but those Gnomes are not in the Alliance, they're sandgnomes and might not even be on the same level of sentience.
    It is only warcrime if there are laws in place. There really aren't, even after the joke that was Garrosh trial. I would rather have Blizzard drop this bullshit. Warcrimes have no place in real world not to mention fantasy one.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance definitely did the right thing in sabotaging their operation in Silithus. You just don't stand and wait until someone like Sylvanas blow you up with it. She even said that "this will change everything".
    Let's be honest, ever since the Siege of Orgrimmar, the Alliance have been the dominant power on Azeroth, believing that they have a divine moral authority to regulate the Horde, who are actually an independant, sovereign nation.

I mean, I totally get it, why it is that the alliance believe that they need to suppress and control the Horde. It's out of fear and mistrust based on what has happened in the past. The irony of course is that is exactly the behaviour that motivates the Horde to resent the Alliance in the first place. This is how war happens.

I think that Sylvanas has a good point. The best way to ensure peace is to separate the two factions with an ocean so that they can each leave each other to their own devices. I seriously doubt that the events in BfA are going to pan out according to either faction's plans though

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So by the same logic everyone can kill thousands and completely wipe out anyone who they think might be a threat to secure their own future. If this is your notion of peace then no criminal in history did anything wrong because they wanted to secure their own future.
    No, that doesn't follow. You're grossly distorting what I am saying and what my "notion of peace" is.

I said, quite specifically, that "You achieve peace by being strong and demanding it". I did not say you have to wipe anyone out. It's about using your strength to deter others from attacking you, not about using your strength to be an aggressor. What I am saying is that it is Sylvanas' intention to do the former, but what likely happens is that the alliance reaction to this escalates things and it leads to the latter.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions after all.

Deleted
    Aren't they notorious backstabbers that also aided the original Horde invasion into Azeroth?

Everyone hates Goblins, the other Horde races included. Doesn't mean they can't still be useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Booty Bay is neutral ground.
    it's full of goblins and alliance hates goblins.

And it looks awful since Cata and blizz should update it tbh

The sad thing is the Goblins are loosely based on Jewish stereotypes too and everyone wants to kill them.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The sad thing is the Goblins are loosely based on Jewish stereotypes .
    This always make me laught =))))))))
    Last edited by Zerzuru; 2018-06-08 at 03:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    it's full of goblins and alliance hates goblins.

And it looks awful since Cata and blizz should update it tbh
    Explain how alliance hates goblins?

The average Goblin produces a litter of 500 pups and can give birth 30 times a year. There just isn't enough food, Kaja'mite, and profits for everyone. By killing the dumb goblins that would side with Gallywix and the Horde (after being enslaved by him), the Alliance are helping ensure enough resources for the most intelligent goblins (those who stay neutral) as well as the second most intelligent goblins (those who join the Alliance).

Plus when profits are low Goblin males can lay a clutch of eggs containing super fertile females in order to have more workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    This always make me laught =))))))))
    The truth is quite funny lol

All the races in WoW are based on peoples of the world and their exaggerated stereotypes.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I do not see an issue about it. Do people genuinely believe that the Horde must hate the Alliance races always and that is damn right and fine, but the opposite is an unspeakable crime on Azeroth? Not that it would surprise me, based on the general mmo c vibe.

I am quite surprised that the Bilgewater Cartel was not kicked out of Zuldazar after they tainted and desecrated a sacred Zandalari burial ground. In the real world, if a company started mining in an ancient and sacred cemetery, they would suffer severe consequences. Typical Goblin plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I like goblins, but the whole Silithus thing was purely on Gallywix and Sylvanas, who have gone ahead with the plan of stealing the world soul's lifeblood, jeopardizing all the efforts both the Horde and the Alliance have put into saving Azeroth in the first place. Many other voices of reason within the Horde, such as Saurfang, would've known better.

Suffice to say, a "Please don't steal our titan world soul's lifeblood because we're trying to save it. Thanks!" wouldn't have made Gallywix or Sylvanas rethink their actions in Silithus. Those goblins weren't only miners; they were thieves who sabotaged all the efforts both factions have put into saving Azeroth's world soul.
    At the time of the scenario, no one knows what this stuff is. When it's figured out, it's already being used and desired by both sides. Pretty much the earthen ring style factions are the only ones calling for peace, no steal candl... Life blood.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorlain View Post
    Let's talk about Goblins. And how the Alliance absolutely loathes the fuckers.
    Except the Alliance relies heavily on a handful of Goblin agents working for SI:7. SI:7s incompetence is piss poor writing and not the fault one way or another of these goblin agents. So, no, they really don't.

Even in Cataclysm the alliance bombarded a goblin ship with goblin prisoners, they left the goblins to drown in their cells like rats.
    Smallest violin for teh dindu horde.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard