Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She needs quick cast to work. Hanzo's on release should be applied to all of her abilities, her stun and heal especially. Aside from that, I very much enjoy her kit, her model is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    well looks like blizzard is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for hero ideas. confirmed draenei hussbucket for heroes of the barn. flashing those hooves. trying to seduce people with her horns. showing off her tail like a common draenei floozie. hell that hammer even looks like a stripper pole of sorts. also her boobs are WAY too big. obviously trying to appeal to the draenei fanboys. such a hussy. i shall make sure any ai that picks yrel is sorry they did. i shall focus them relentlessly. yrel must be purged from the nexus! alleria is a much better hero for the nexus. NON VOID FORM of course. none of that blizzard regurgitated garbage with 7.3.5.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking an E/auto build could be pretty neat for major disruption and HEAVY self sustain, depending on how mana hungry she ends up being:

Lvl 1 - Maraad's Insight
    Lvl 4 - Aegis Of Light if teamed with at least two other melee, situational pick otherwise
    Lvl 7 - Holy Avenger
    ULT - Sacred Ground
    Lvl 13 - Velen's Chosen
    Lvl 16 - Divine Favour (or Holy Wrath if enemy team has several melee)
    Lvl 20 - Hallowed Ground

The idea being that constant resets on E fuels the next-auto talents, as well as applying basically perma-slow in an area, also stacking up Velen's Chosen, also fuelling fast resets of trait through Divine Favour for instant Qs/Es, and to top it off at 20 you'll have permanent 40 armor since you'll be jumping basically non-stop
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well looks like blizzard is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for hero ideas. confirmed draenei hussbucket for heroes of the barn. flashing those hooves. trying to seduce people with her horns. showing off her tail like a common draenei floozie. hell that hammer even looks like a stripper pole of sorts. also her boobs are WAY too big. obviously trying to appeal to the draenei fanboys. such a hussy. i shall make sure any ai that picks yrel is sorry they did. i shall focus them relentlessly. yrel must be purged from the nexus! alleria is a much better hero for the nexus. NON VOID FORM of course. none of that blizzard regurgitated garbage with 7.3.5.
    Are....are you okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Are....are you okay?
    Draenei makes him go YREEEEEEEEEEEEEl.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account

Tbh this sickens me... Yrel is not that OP on PTR, anyone with good CC's can deal with her. Also she got her abilities channeling, so this is even more ridiclous.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I was like meh until they mentioned bubblehearth talent.
    Yes. Bubblehearth.
    Blessed Talent of the WoW Pally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'm thinking an E/auto build could be pretty neat for major disruption and HEAVY self sustain, depending on how mana hungry she ends up being:

Lvl 1 - Maraad's Insight
    Lvl 4 - Aegis Of Light if teamed with at least two other melee, situational pick otherwise
    Lvl 7 - Holy Avenger
    ULT - Sacred Ground
    Lvl 13 - Velen's Chosen
    Lvl 16 - Divine Favour (or Holy Wrath if enemy team has several melee)
    Lvl 20 - Hallowed Ground

The idea being that constant resets on E fuels the next-auto talents, as well as applying basically perma-slow in an area, also stacking up Velen's Chosen, also fuelling fast resets of trait through Divine Favour for instant Qs/Es, and to top it off at 20 you'll have permanent 40 armor since you'll be jumping basically non-stop
    I'd replace hallowed ground with bubblehearth. Would rather have the deny then 40 phys armor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Thrall, IN GAME, has always been a heavy melee fighter who threw out lightning bolts in battle. In lore and in story, he's always fighting in the front with Doomhammer, and supplementing his attacks with lightning bolts. Once Cata came he started using the elements more, but even THEN he still did most of his actual fighting with Doomhammer in melee...basically, just like he is in HotS. Malfurion is basically resto, with Moonfire. For a long time, resto had Moonfire as well. And the characters like Gul'dan and Valeera are representing a specific class, not a specific spec. Y'rel is literally stated by the devs to be a ret paladin, yet has NOTHING representing ret paladins in her kit.
    *Prot paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    *Prot paladin
    Except that the devs repeatedly refer to her as a ret paladin, and talk about how she really captures the ret playstyle.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Except that the devs repeatedly refer to her as a ret paladin, and talk about how she really captures the ret playstyle.
    Except that those with WoW experience know her kit is more Prot-pala then ret-pala.
    Prots are tanks, rets are DPS.
    Yrel is a warrior, therefore, combined with her current kit which is already more prot pala then ret pala, makes her a prot pala.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will enjoy camping Yrel as there is no opportunity to do so in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Except that those with WoW experience know her kit is more Prot-pala then ret-pala.
    Prots are tanks, rets are DPS.
    Yrel is a warrior, therefore, combined with her current kit which is already more prot pala then ret pala, makes her a prot pala.
    Which would be fine...if the DEVS THEMSELVES didn't think she is a ret paladin. But they do. They specifically call her such, and talk about how her style really captures the feel of the ret paladin. You see the problem here? The DEVS are not intending to give us a prot pally, they truly think they are giving us a ret pally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which would be fine...if the DEVS THEMSELVES didn't think she is a ret paladin. But they do. They specifically call her such, and talk about how her style really captures the feel of the ret paladin. You see the problem here? The DEVS are not intending to give us a prot pally, they truly think they are giving us a ret pally.
    Have you got a link to that? Cuz I don't actually remember a blue post mentioning ret... anywhere

Have you got a link to that? Cuz I don't actually remember a blue post mentioning ret... anywhere
    I'm guessing you didn't watch the reveal video then? They talk about it there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you didn't watch the reveal video then? They talk about it there.
    I didn't, no

I haven't seen it anywhere else.

I didn't, no

I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    They haven't really discussed her anywhere else. The video where they announced her and talked her up to hype her made a point of referring to her as a ret paladin, and talking about how her playstyle really represents and captures the feel of ret paladin.

I wish paladins had her mobility in wow. Divine stead we have, the leap would be nice, but w/e

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    this post is obviously a joke but i'm trying to find the punchline.

- - - Updated - - -

and...she captures the feel of a retribution paladin. casting a instant or fast heal, hitting things wiht a big hammer, leero jenkening into battle, avenging wrath.

Unless the problem is the name of talents then, the talent names are mostly arbitrary but no doubt they were focusing on bringing talent themes that Uther lacked. not to mention heros in warcraft dont have classes even if they resemble one. yes she's LIKE a ret paladin but she ISNt one, she's Yrel

just like how trolls cant even be shadow hunters and elves cant be dark rangers and priests cant wear heavy armor.

if you want the proof just play her vs Uther, she's leaping into battle, knocking entire groups around with her hammer, healing herself while purging enemies, meanwhile Ither is truging along slow and steady unkillable but hardly offensive. He hits people with his 1 handed hammer while throwing light magic around and healing himself or his allies.

this isnt because Yrel is being based on Prot, this is because in Heroes Warriors can be tanks, or bruisers, and she's a bruiser.

and the main theme she captures is one anyone who pvps in warcraft can tell you about. that damn 2 hander wielding paladin that wont freaking die
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    and...she captures the feel of a retribution paladin. casting a instant or fast heal, hitting things wiht a big hammer, leero jenkening into battle, avenging wrath.
    Hitting things doing almost no damage(that's not the feel of a ret paladin), Avenging Wrath has the NAME of an ability used by ret(and other paladins), and has absolutely 100% nothing in common with the ret ability, even the casting heal is pretty minor for ret play, they tend to use their resources to FUCKING DO DAMAGE and heal afterwards. Oh, and the damn 2 hander paladin that won't die? Not a thing. Try again?

Also, she's not a bruiser. Bruisers do damage, her damage is a joke.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hitting things doing almost no damage(that's not the feel of a ret paladin), Avenging Wrath has the NAME of an ability used by ret(and other paladins), and has absolutely 100% nothing in common with the ret ability, even the casting heal is pretty minor for ret play, they tend to use their resources to FUCKING DO DAMAGE and heal afterwards. Oh, and the damn 2 hander paladin that won't die? Not a thing. Try again?

As someone who's played all three pally specs, and has play-tested Yrel, she definitely feels more like the shield-throwing, hammer-flinging prot pala.

As ret you off heal a bit in PvP, though. I remember back in Cataclysm you got a damage buff for healing an ally with Word of Glory, for example. Same with stuff like Hand of Protection/Freedom. I'm honestly glad they focused on that part of ret, rather than just the DPS aspect. I agree that her damage seems low and her survival over the top but she probably felt better that way. Thrall is supposedly an enhancement shaman but he doesn't really play anything like it either. I'm guessing they labeled her ret because of her weapon and because it was a better fit than prot. I wouldn't look too much into it, tbh. I don't think any hero is an actual good copy from a WoW spec.