Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Retribution Paladin Feedback - Battle for Azeroth

Retribution Paladin Feedback - Battle for Azeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hey all,

Since the first round of changes to Retribution early on in alpha, we've been letting the spec settle into a steady-state, but have been very much keeping it in mind. Like many have suggested, the spec is almost all the way there, but is missing a little bit baseline.

Blade of Wrath
    Blade of Wrath's mechanic is becoming baseline, named Art of War: Your auto attacks have a chance to reset the cooldown of Blade of Justice. Any many correctly pointed out, this is a sort of unpredictability that the spec needed in its baseline rotation.

Blade of Wrath, the talent, will now increase the frequency of Art of War resets and cause its proc to also increase the damage of the next Blade of Justice by 25%. Numbers are pending tuning, but the gameplay is there.

Divine Purpose
    Divine Purpose's proc chance has been reduced to 15% (down from 20%), but it now also increases the damage and healing of that free Holy Power spender by 20%.

The entire value of this talent was in the free Holy Power proc, which is a huge swing on button presses and pacing, but which neither of its talent match-ups provide. This change reduces that difference slightly and gives Divine Purpose a little more nuance to its gameplay – now you may consider saving or waiting for that proc to use on a different Holy Power spender from usual.

Thanks for the patience and continued feedback.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gee, a lot of people wanted Art of War back. Now it's a thing again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Gee, a lot of people wanted Art of War back. Now it's a thing again!
    Now with 100% less exorcism.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saraxp View Post
    Now with 100% less exorcism.
    I guess I'm lucky then that I like Blade of Justice quite a lot!

But the real issue with Retribution continues to be unaddressed... mobility.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awww yeah. Just what I was hoping for! I really wanted to use HoW but Blade of Wrath felt too strong outside of executes to give up. Now I can have both. Kreygasm

Ret ist fine confirmed.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    We can't have every melee zipping around with crazy mobility.

Somebody has to be last bub.
    Then choose a class with 2 or 3 dps specs to do it, not one with only 1 dps spec
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Divine Purpose's proc chance has been reduced to 15% (down from 20%), but it now also increases the damage and healing of that free Holy Power spender by 20%.

let me get this straight... you reduce a spell's power by 33.3% (repeating of course) ... and then buff it by 20%.... classic blizzard nerf!

idk, maybe it plays fine on beta, maybe this was intended... maybe someone is bad at math.

Quote Originally Posted by calathiel- View Post
    But the real issue with Retribution continues to be unaddressed... mobility.
    Doesnt make sense to do such good dmg burst, have immune to snare, a crazy bubble that lasts forever, able to toss in a heal, able to instant LoH to full hp AND on top of that move like a DH... you guys gotta have ONE weakness... seriously!

I like this changes honestly. I am just a bit worried that Divine Purpose will not proc too much, but I think that we will be ok.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Deleted
    Solid changes overall, but I'm worried about the 15% proc chance being too low. We'll see, I guess.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lovable chances to spice up the spec! Now take back that nerf to our My little
    Pony CD

Deleted
    These are actually really interesting changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    AND on top of that move like a DH
    Please be careful with that straw-man; those are highly inflammable.

But seriously: No one asks for DH like movement. All we want is to not be the lame waddlers among the classes.

Blade of Wrath's mechanic is becoming baseline, named Art of War: Your auto attacks have a chance to reset the cooldown of Blade of Justice. Any many correctly pointed out, this is a sort of unpredictability that the spec needed in its baseline rotation.
    ...who wants more unpredictability? Why?

Are you going to fix the proc chance so that it doesn't proc on your very first auto attack, or proc literally 1 second before coming off cooldown?

Predictability is fun. Unpredictability is not. Please keep that as a talent so I can stay FAR away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    We can't have every melee zipping around with crazy mobility.

Somebody has to be last bub.
    DK says hi o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    ...who wants more unpredictability? Why?

Are you going to fix the proc chance so that it doesn't proc on your very first auto attack, or proc literally 1 second before coming off cooldown?

Predictability is fun. Unpredictability is not. Please keep that as a talent so I can stay FAR away from it.
    I think there should be a nice mix between predictability and unpredictability. Procs do make a spec more fun. Predictability will make a spec stale and boring, but a spec that relies only on procs doesn't work either. This change provides a nice balance.

I also don't understand why you're complaining about a talent becoming baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    That is a very subjective opinion you've got there.

Divine Purpose change killed it for me.