Poll: Do you hate/love Vereesa and Alleria

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Nothing told Vereesa to not go through with it. She just kinda remembered she has kids.
    ...Well that's hilarious in a sad way. '.'

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Yeah, lets forget that little perfect elfies hid behind their trees when the orcs came and did the same when the undead appeared. Only once their gates have fallen and their trees burned, they knew that they had human allies. Elves are the only traitors in this scenario.
    Sorry but no, unless of course you don’t actually know what being a traitor is, then you’re just misinformed.

The only traitor was the glorious Garithos, smart enough to swing a sword but not smart enough to realize trying to execute an entire race of people because they found help to fight the scourge.

Major kudos to him though he practically handed all of Quel’thalas to the Horde’s side on a silver platter, except for Alleria and Vereesa and their few human loving cronies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Also, I'm more or less Alliance nowadays, and I dislike them both, not only for being elves, but for actually thinking that someone in the Alliance wants the blood elves in their ranks. They betray everyone and change sides every other year, I don't want anything to do with them. Just let me destroy Quel'thalas and chase them to Kalimdor to their greenskin masters.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like all the windrunner sisters alleria cause she has sylvanas old model look love that bikini she sporting.. vereesa i like her cause she's a close friend with jaina my favorite alliance waifu.. and sylvanas cause of that sexy voice of hers and the very awesome bow she uses.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'm more or less Alliance nowadays, and I dislike them both, not only for being elves, but for actually thinking that someone in the Alliance wants the blood elves in their ranks. They betray everyone and change sides every other year, I don't want anything to do with them. Just let me destroy Quel'thalas and chase them to Kalimdor to their greenskin masters.
    Considering the Alliance begged the blood elves to come back what, twice now?

It’s like the guy who can’t get over the girl who left him.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Meh, Vereesa could use a little more story than just being there, hating horde.

Also it still seems to me like the hate is there just because they don't fall in line with all thalassians. Sticking with family doesn't make you a traitor, especially when your family belongs to a faction which was attacked by a warmonger faction again and again, repeating the same war crimes.

I just don't understand how them joining the Horde would make any sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Sorry but no, unless of course you don’t actually know what being a traitor is, then you’re just misinformed.

The only traitor was the glorious Garithos, smart enough to swing a sword but not smart enough to realize trying to execute an entire race of people because they found help to fight the scourge.

Major kudos to him though he practically handed all of Quel’thalas to the Horde’s side on a silver platter, except for Alleria and Vereesa and their few human loving cronies.
    I remember that Anesterian, the glorious king of the elves, who actually experienced the troll wars and knew they would lose without humans, did not even want to honor his pact. He send what, 50 elves, to help with the orcs? If that isn't treason, I don't know what is. And it was the same with the undead, how many elves have you seen helping Lordaeron? 3?

And I agree with the major kudos, Garithos saved the Alliance from having the worst ally possible. Truly the best hero Alliance had to offer.

In Vereesa's case: I despise characters that only exist to be armcandy in general, even moreso when they are armcandy for a self-insert as blatant as Rhonin. (same reason I hate Aggra, though in her case it's reinforced by her voice and that goddamn GO'EL GO'EL GO'EL crap).
    Furthermore, she dares call herself Ranger-General of the Silver covenant, even though she is a mediocre ranger at best. She hates on the Blood Elves just for the sake of it and kills their civilians and even mounts if she gets the opportunity to. All the while not understanding why she is exiled. Also sitting on her high horse with the Blood Elves having to drain mana when she comfortably hid in Dalaran and blatantly stated that she would have done the same.
    The worst part is the spawning of these disgusting two abominations though.

In Alleria's case: She's gone for ~30 years (1000 in her view, which is completely unnecessary and dumb), doesn't bother to learn anything about the history of her homeland that she loved so much before it was retconned that her only motivation is her mudblood bastard child and instead immediately tries to sway them to the Alliance without even asking once why the Blood Elves are in the Horde in the first place, yet claiming to know what's best for them.

Also, both think they do so much good for their homeland by waging war on it.

The enitre Windrunner clan (including Sylvanas, though she is slightly better than those two) should just be wiped out. They really are a blemish in the history of Quel'thalas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Considering the Alliance begged the blood elves to come back what, twice now?

It’s like the guy who can’t get over the girl who left him.
    Begged? What? Lor'Themar was negotiating with Varian, for whatever that was worth, there was no begging involved. And I suppose the other time, you mean Alleria in Silvermoon? She's a dumb bitch, what do you expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may not be the biggest fan of Alleria at the moment due to her Void affliction, but Vereesa is the only Windrunner I truly dislike.

She willingly engaged in rounding up and slaughtering innocent Blood Elves in Dalaran. She chooses to remain in the Alliance and to be hostile towards Blood Elves, despite invitations back to Silvermoon AND from her sister. Much like Jaina, her warped view on the events of Theramore has made her a crybaby. Oh, and thanks to the new comic, it has become evident that her failure to assassinate Garrosh may very well have led to the most recent Legion invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Begged? What? Lor'Themar was negotiating with Varian, for whatever that was worth, there was no begging involved. And I suppose the other time, you mean Alleria in Silvermoon? She's a dumb bitch, what do you expect.
    Varian approached Lorthemar , and like father like son Anduin tried to get on Lorthemar’s good side. Although unlike his father Anduin failed miserably because like you said, Alleria is an idiot.

And in the case that the Alliance did destroy Silvermoon, Alleria would probably hang herself, so I guess that’s ok.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Well they are just honest to their high elven blood. Blood Elves betrayed not only Alliance but themselves really, since they willingly joined the Legion. People love to say how Blood Elves were betrayed by Garithos then switched to Horde, but that's far from how it went down. They are just very gullible and greedy and not the kind of people someone with any sense would want to join. They have these destructive tendencies to always join the ones who destroys them. First the Legion and now Sylvanas being worse than the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Well they are just honest to their high elven blood. Blood Elves betrayed not only Alliance but themselves really, since they willingly joined the Legion. People love to say how Blood Elves were betrayed by Garithos then switched to Horde, but that's far from how it went down. They are just very gullible and greedy and not the kind of people someone with any sense would want to join. They have these destructive tendencies to always join the ones who destroys them. First the Legion and now Sylvanas being worse than the Lich King.
    You had me laughing when you tried to paint it as the majority of blood elves joined the legion, but I lost it when you said Sylvanas is worse than the lich king.

Elves that are honest to their “high elven blood” don’t wage war against their homeland or mate with humans. Cut off their ears and they’d be humans

And yes, they were betrayed by Garithos and they did join the Horde, that is how it went down, anyone who bothers to read up on lore knows that.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seminas View Post
    I think it is faction based. but also the lack of knowledge about the lore.
    Just like US Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    ...Well that's hilarious in a sad way. '.'
    I guess we can add "neglectful mother" to her character.

I believe that Vereesa is the only normal and properly writen character out of the three Windrunner sisters. There's no unnecessary edge and eccentricity, something Sylvanas and - as of recent developments - Alleria have an abundance of.

Hates those who killed someone she loves/got someone she loves killed? Proper reaction. Cares about her kids, like a you'd expect a motherly figure to do in the first place? Proper reaction. In her moment of grief, she sought help and comfort from those who are/were closest to her(Sylvanas after the events in MoP)? Proper reaction. Alongside all these normal characteristics, she's had her more "heroic" moments, such as assisting the freeing of Alexstrasza, being there for the push on Zul'aman, assisting in the liberation of Suramar and so on.

What you will notice here however is that most users who bash her character on this board are this board's most hardcore "Horde"/blood elf fans, who seem to be unable to deal with the existence of high elves besides the blood elves/are annoyed that Blizzard hasn't painted her as a villain because of the purge of Dalaran. The arguements against her character go to ridiculous lenghts, to a point where she's considered a bad character for simply having ties to a human male. What I however do agree on is that her importance in the story feels forced, to a point where she's made the leader of the Silver Covenant simply because she's a Windrunner and because all Windrunners have a gene for being special; feels like a plot device, but then again, all WoW characters are plot devices to a certain extent.

Admittedly, the high elf requests over the years haven't helped her character either and are part of the reason why she draws ire from some people. Oddly enough, I haven't seen her being mentioned by the Alliance high elf crowd too much, probably because her casual characteristics don't make her appealing enough.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-06-09 at 05:34 PM.

I don't really see why people would hate Alleria. At worst she's been callous due to ignorance of why the blood elves left the alliance.

Varessa was downright monstrous at the Purge of Dalaran, but if the comic is any indication seems to have cooled off since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I'm curious about this, especially on Vereesa's side as I've witnessed a lot of venom against her, and Alleria was very much liked until blizzard showed she would be alliance and the hate on this forum for her opened in like a floodgate.

so i'm wondering if the hate is purely on a factional basis in particular because they don't support their beloved faction or do people genuinely not like them.
    Couldn't vote. I'm Horde but I like Vereesa. I don't like Alleria, nor do I like Sylvanas.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    They're both inconsequencial, Alleria a bit less so, but Vereesa is a walking plot device be it for Rhonin or to give Sylvanas humanizing moments once in a while as she's one of the few things she gives a shit about.

I remember that Anesterian, the glorious king of the elves, who actually experienced the troll wars and knew they would lose without humans, did not even want to honor his pact. He send what, 50 elves, to help with the orcs? If that isn't treason, I don't know what is. And it was the same with the undead, how many elves have you seen helping Lordaeron? 3?

And I agree with the major kudos, Garithos saved the Alliance from having the worst ally possible. Truly the best hero Alliance had to offer.
    Not to mention that even those elves that came to help had to defy Anasterian's orders.