Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    No offense meant to you, but I did predicate what I said with overkill waste of money. If you find it worthwhile, that's great, but 99.9% of the people building a gaming PC out there are not spending $750 on their cooling solution. You can get a Corsair H100i for like $90 on sale atm. And you can't include the monitor unless you plan to include the TV in the cost of the console as well.

And as you said: You didn't need most of that stuff, you wanted it. Enjoy every bit of it, but you can beat the pants off a console for much less than that build as a complete system, let alone as an upgrade. Also you get to keep playing all your games when you get a new system or upgrade it, whereas the consoles are mostly SOL or make you rebuy them.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    And you can't include the monitor unless you plan to include the TV in the cost of the console as well..
    I disagree since you would have a TV for other things besides a console.

With a monitor you are buying it for the PC (unless u use ur tv like I do) so that cost does factor in. Weather or not I have a console I will have a TV.

Just saying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm sure Ubisoft is doing it for the best interests of consumers, and not because they already jerking off to the idea of milking us to the last cent with their own online only exclusive platform.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    No offense meant to you, but I did predicate what I said with overkill waste of money. If you find it worthwhile, that's great, but 99.9% of the people building a gaming PC out there are not spending $750 on their cooling solution. You can get a Corsair H100i for like $90 on sale atm. And you can't include the monitor unless you plan to include the TV in the cost of the console as well.

And as you said: You didn't need most of that stuff, you wanted it. Enjoy every bit of it, but you can beat the pants off a console for much less than that build as a complete system, let alone as an upgrade. Also you get to keep playing all your games when you get a new system or upgrade it, whereas the consoles are mostly SOL or make you rebuy them.
    Oh I agree, AIOs are great as well. This was probably a one off for me as well..I've always wanted to do it but never had the budget. Finally had it so I did it. I could've been more than fine with just about 1200-1600. I chose to pay more...I was just saying that you can hit $3000 for a PC quite fast. Plus anyone that built during the GPU shortage was easily paying 1500-2k for lesser parts.

Saying you can't include the monitor w/o including the TV isn't really a fair comparison...As JT said, most people will have a TV regardless of a gaming console...and unless you hook your PC up to it, you're specifically buying a monitor for your PC. So you can include that cost as well as part of a computer but not include the cost of a TV for a console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you agree or disagree, just remember this is 10+ years in the future.

Broadband is only getting faster, where I live, by 2022 (or 2020), we will be able to get speeds of 1 Gigabit per second.

I know many places still have shit broadband, so it is rather foolish to think that the next console generation will be the last, but for many it will be possible and technology is always improving, at a rapid rate.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-06-08 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Whether you agree or disagree, just remember this is 10+ years in the future.

Broadband is only getting faster, where I live, by 2022 (or 2020), we will be able to get speeds of 1 Gigabit per second.

I know many places still have shit broadband, so it is rather foolish to think that the next console generation will be the last, but for many it will be possible and technology is always improving, at a rapid rate.
    Because bandwidth != latency, and when some people are already sensitive to a 2-digit ms input lag in their very TVs and monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Streaming isn't going to kill console generations, but console generations are already dead.

There is almost no chance that Microsoft is going to release a new generation of consoles with all the disruption it entails, new game formats that aren't compatible with the old, a new online system, new discs, etc.

There will be hardware upgrades but no redoing of systems, like how everything (Google accounts, Google store, games, media, etc.) works seamlessly from one Android phone to a new Android phone with the newest hardware. Another example, Xbox is basically like Windows 10: It's forever, there will never be a Windows 11, only incremental upgrades, even as hardware changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Xbox already tried to do the whole online thing with no discs so you'd never be able to buy 2nd hand games. We all saw how that went.
    It went to Steam.

Also, streaming games is a totally separate issue from tying games to online accounts.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2018-06-09 at 06:45 PM.

And once that last hurdle of consumer ownership of a title is finally removed, the industry can finally return to the pay per play arcade model, which has been the goal for a very long time.

Retail stores are already on the talks of trying to get digital storefronts in next gen consoles. Games and Toys are the largest potential profit margins for store visitors due to impulse purchases and alternative options (and higher attach rates for accessories than even phones). So one of the reasons retail gaming is even still a thing now is due to it's massive draw to their outlets, so this attempt to go fully service-centric and gouge-friendly practice has been a huge circus already. But I would not be surprised if they finally get there and we as gamers got Digi-Walmart to go through before buying Activision games to play on a Sony service. Gotta love technology!

And this isn't even tying in the whole reason the company I work for is being hush-hush about EA's partnership with changing marketing to a more brand-loyal consumer than gamers, simply cause, and I quote, "they're too smart for their own good."

All I have to say is "they can pull my hardware from my cold, dead, hands"

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And once that last hurdle of consumer ownership of a title is finally removed, the industry can finally return to the pay per play arcade model, which has been the goal for a very long time.
    Hearthstone's Arena is pay per play.

People love that shit. They love being milked.

I absolutley hate the idea of streaming games. Considering overnight they can be taken away. It's why I collect blurays and atleast with steam that license is mine and can't be taken away.

Unless we get Quantum Tunneling, this shit will always be unplayable.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2018-06-16 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I disagree since you would have a TV for other things besides a console.

With a monitor you are buying it for the PC (unless u use ur tv like I do) so that cost does factor in. Weather or not I have a console I will have a TV.

Just saying.
    Like what? I haven't owned a TV in years. The sort of people interested in this debate probably don't use their TVs for anything BESIDES plugging gaming consoles into it. I know several people who use their XBones or PS3/4 just to watch Netflix. But that still counts as a gaming console. So again, the point is moot, you can't include the cost of a monitor unless you're going to include the cost of a TV. Besides, your argument can be flipped against you - I already HAVE monitors, because I am using them for other things. If I was attempting to get a system for gaming, I wouldn't have to buy monitors.

Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.