Thread: BFA Affliction

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Shouldn;t need to though, outside of mythic raiding, you shoudl be able to play anything and not feel disadvantaged by it. Aff really doesn't feel great at the moment, even allowing for the fact that demo/destro are overpowered in comparison to aff. And many other classes too.
    Really depends on how you want to approach the game, the whole "unless you're mythic raiding" argument is pretty moot. There are plenty of players who play the game hyper competitively who don't make it to or very far into mythic and then there are players in mythic who just use 1 spec and are laid back and just deal with being sub-optimal in situations.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    I honestly just want sac to be a viable alternative.

And I don't think just shadow bolt or just drain soul are interesting gameplay on their own. I would much prefer drain soul to be purely an execute talent that enables shard sniping instead of just a replacement filler.
    Honestly, on beta sac is looking rly good for multi dotting.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Honestly, on beta sac is looking rly good for multi dotting.
    It was looking good last beta too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    It was looking good last beta too. lol
    Yeah, sadly not like the spec is doing any good in general, I look at affli and just feel disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Yeah, sadly not like the spec is doing any good in general, I look at affli and just feel disappointment.
    yeah, but if they let sac be viable this time around it would be a small consolation lol.

I don't think this gosac will keep up with scaling at all. The design is better for affli as well, where for destro it just feels luke warm since the majority of why gosac was so enticing was that it made your big hits that much bigger which is what destructions all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    Maybe azerite traits can turn things around thou, who knows. If not, I'll probably just focus on priest. Shadow doesn't look great, but still better than affliction
    I mean.. you're free to make bad decisions of course... but that is a pretty stupid thing to say overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I mean.. you're free to make bad decisions of course... but that is a pretty stupid thing to say overall.
    Shadow is better than affliction any way you slice it. It's better in pvp, and in pve affliction was only overtuned numerically. Shadow was relevant more raid tiers than affliction was (hint: count how many raid tiers method brought spriest vs. afflock per boss totals in world race).

This spec is a concern. It better do competitive damage at the end because I really think it’s the only thing tht will be going on with this spec. Now that I cannot play Drain + DB, which is the only thing that sparks my interest with this spec, I can say I will abandon this spec.

Seriously, I cannot imagine playing this spec in PvP considering the survivability has been neutered to bits while Rogues are getting 5-sec silences in an opener. The mechanics are awful and rotation is boring. If damage is good in PvP, then that should be its saving grace by then.

Deleted
    ...and they've nerfed Unstable Affliction down. lol.

Including the dispell penalty in PVP. Not that anyone gives a shit about that anyway.

I must have missed Dark Soul: Misery going to level 100 tier. Though the new Vile Taint that replaced it in level 60 tier just came in, so maybe it's an undocumented change? Same goes for Death's Embrace being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I hope deathbolt is never baseline, I really have no desire for thalkiels consumption to be a thing for a 2nd xpac.
    It's not even remotely comparable in terms of preparation needed. And they could always make it do a percent of the dots' total damage instead if needs be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I must have missed Dark Soul: Misery going to level 100 tier. Though the new Vile Taint that replaced it in level 60 tier just came in, so maybe it's an undocumented change? Same goes for Death's Embrace being gone.
    That all changed when Drain Soul came back so about 3 weeks ago now. Even had a blue post about the talent changes (DS, DS:M, Vile Taint at least) so it was definitely documented.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    That all changed when Drain Soul came back so about 3 weeks ago now. Even had a blue post about the talent changes (DS, DS:M, Vile Taint at least) so it was definitely documented.
    Ah, yeah, I see it now. People requoted only the bit about Drain Soul vs Shadowbolt everywhere so I missed the rest of that post. Kinda sad to see Death's Embrace go. I liked the feel of it. If anything, with higher shard generation allowing us 100% UA uptime on ST (and the usually higher shard generation on council fights, plus DS sniping on add fights), I'd say it's Soul Conduit that should go in that tier instead of it.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-06-08 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Shadow is better than affliction any way you slice it. It's better in pvp, and in pve affliction was only overtuned numerically. Shadow was relevant more raid tiers than affliction was (hint: count how many raid tiers method brought spriest vs. afflock per boss totals in world race).
    BFA isn't legion and the spec has taken a pronounced step backward, so I'm not going to waste a ton of time on that line of discussion. I will point out that you are not in method and progression presence for much of Legion had a lot to do with 1 option in 1 tier being broken. M+ is way more relevant than PVP.. I noticed you didn't mention spriest performance in M+ but decided to point out dead wow pvp to further you point.

All that aside - the reason I said it was a stupid thing to say was under the assumption that you knew how to play multiple lock specs and were deciding to put all your time into a class with one volatile dps spec, which is a stupid approach. You sound like one of those people who refuse to play any other lock spec so the conversation is kinda over imo.

Good luck on BFA spriest man

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and they've nerfed Unstable Affliction down. lol.

Including the dispell penalty in PVP. Not that anyone gives a shit about that anyway.
    Yeah I don't get it...Demo is over-performing...but they nerf Aff.

Deleted
    Yep, I don;t understand it either. Both destro and demo are screaming for nerfs and judging by the lack of mechanical tweaks, both those specs are playing pretyt much as they want them to and little remains but to tune them.

Instead they keep jiggling the aff talents around and do hardly anything but nerf it repeatedly. The most bizarre of those was to nerf Vile Taint, the only reason I can see for that is that they genuinely want aff to be dogshit at AOE and want Vile Taint be be a bad as Sow the Seeds (which is now worthless) and Pahntom Singularity (whose long cooldown makes is crap where you need it most, in M+ dungeons)

If it goe slive in this state I can;t see many peopel taking aff. There's still far too much ramp, taking 3-4 seconds just to get your AOE out and going is a joke when you're in a group with people who have eyebeams and chain lightning.

If it goe slive in this state I can;t see many peopel taking aff. There's still far too much ramp, taking 3-4 seconds just to get your AOE out and going is a joke when you're in a group with people who have eyebeams and chain lightning.
    With how aggro is being retooled the ramp up time might not be as big of an issue as you might think. Those other up front bursty classes may not be able to blow their wad right away without getting themselves killed. Either way though, it feels like devs are just nerfing affliction to make up for it being a viable raiding spec in Legion. The recent nerfing of UA was an obvious pvp nerf, pve were rarely going to stack them so its not a big issue.

I havent spec into demonology yet but each day that goes by i get closer to doing it and just not looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Finloneous View Post
    it feels like devs are just nerfing affliction to make up for it being a viable raiding spec in Legion.
    I mean, all of our specs were viable.

Viables not exactly the right word for what affliction was in legion.

Unfortunately Affliction's performance in late Legion has the class envy retards out in full force in the beta forums when legitimate concerns like current beta survivability and mobility are brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Unfortunately Affliction's performance in late Legion has the class envy retards out in full force in the beta forums when legitimate concerns like current beta survivability and mobility are brought up.
    This is always the case, I have doubts that blizz will change much anymore for affli since they have other classes/specs to look at and then tuning , not sure they have time to do much else before the game goes live.

So I believe we'll be seeing aff the way it is now on beta once BFA goes live.