Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The last 3 xpacs have been bad. Whether they were rushed out or well planned(lol). Not worried at all, just hoping to be surprised for the first time in 8 years with a good xpac. No need to tell me to leave - this isn't the first bad game I'll continue playing.
    I don't know what are you smoking but MoP and Legion are by far the best expansions we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I don't know what are you smoking but MoP and Legion are by far the best expansions we had.
    I don't think you're giving WOTLK it's due credit, but ya pretty much. BFA looks like more of the same in a good way, with some fun new features in a similar vein to the Brawlers guild to keep you from feeling bored or getting burned out grinding the same content over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Absolutely worried.

I just got in this week, and I've already encountered more bugs in the beta than in a cheap hourly-rate motel's mattress.
    That is normal for beta to have this many bugs two months out. Usually the PTR launches soon which introduces even more players for testing so while the beta runs the PTR runs and more bugs are able to be reported and worked on as crunch time nears.

What is concerning though is that BFA doesn't have enough heart as a stand alone expansion. Maybe with the first and second patch that changes but right now it is going to run out steam fast after the first month of launch.

Completely

BfA feels so disconnected from wow and legion that I won't even be playing it at launch. Played a lot of beta but it feels like a different game even less bare bones than before. This expansion has no hooks or great new features to get people into it. Azerite gear is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    BfA feels so disconnected from wow and legion that I won't even be playing it at launch. Played a lot of beta but it feels like a different game even less bare bones than before. This expansion has no hooks or great new features to get people into it. Azerite gear is a joke.
    My theory is that Azerite armor was more robust originally but something happened so it was scaled back. This may also explain the sudden reversal of class design changes. Blizz went from a we are happy with most classes and are planning to change these three specs to....we are going to change a whole bunch of specs till the dead line lol.

Azerite armor, like artifact weapons were intended to fill gaps of classes. But since that is unlikely Blizz is scrambling to fix classes and specs right now with a flurry of changes the last three weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The point is, you're never fed with male leaders because of "political" reasons. It's different with female characters and guess what, in 9/10 cases it fails because people don't want this forced kind of storytelling. The Ghostbuster and Ocean's 8 movies are good examples for that. Beloved franchises turned into something "political" eventually flopping as hard as possible.
    Do you have any examples of any characters in Warcraft that are worse because they are female?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Are we playing the same game?

Daily heroic for AP

regs were awesome for lego's

LFR in the beginning had tons of people fron norm/heroic/mythic guilds carrying for ap/lego chances/AR's (now its how many stacks do we need to win) in bfa it will be the same, super long queues and 30 full blown retards trying to figure out how to kill a boss from last year.

I was a mythic raider, then I went heroic, now I don't give a shit. What are you getting at here?
    Daily heroics were not the most efficient AP. So again, why do them just for AP? Also, AP 2.0 is still a thing. We still want it. So by your logic, daily heroics will be just as much of a thing as they were before.

Regs were not awesome for legos, m+0 and old raids were awesome for lego's. Regs you didn't even bother doing, it was better to just do M+ at that point for the gear+ap bonus on top of it.

And good, high end raiders shouldn't feel forced to do bin content to carry bad players. That's bad design.

I'm getting at, I don't think you understand how shitty it is, to make a game design where players at the top level, have to do content at the bottom level (normal dungeons, lfr etc) that seems to be what you want. That is bad design.

BFA is going to be hard to size up until it actually goes live due to it seemingly depending a lot more on in game story telling content than previous expacs.

For better or worse (better IMO, but that remains to be seen) they are focusing on storytelling. BFA is going to live and possibly die on if it can tell a story in a way that makes sense and also tell that story at a pace that does not leave huge swaths of time with no narrative.

Patch pacing is going to be huge in BFA. And that is nearly impossible to judge in a beta of course.

It is concerning, but what can we, the players, really do about it? It's up to Blizzard to rise to the occasion and pull a rabbit out of the hat. Can they do it? We will find out in 2 months times.

Just curious, have you played in previous betas? This feels a lot the same thus far IMO. I have played a decent amount in the Cata, WoD, Mists (skipped legions), and now BFA betas and they all seem basically the same in beta form....all kinda lacking and void of clear paths of progress.

It is very easy to look back at the end of an expansion you liked and then see an incomplete slice of the new and unfamiliar one and feel like it is lacking.

Im worried that we will run out of content late in the expansion just like right now, Id honestly like filler content back like ruby sanctum, or some world content at the end of the expac, just some random stuff, something like chromie in the last 5 months of a xpac to give us something, anything even.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Do you have any examples of any characters in Warcraft that are worse because they are female?
    No and that wasn't my point at all. I have absolutely no problem with female leading characters (Jaina is my favorite character by far with Azshara being next), I have a problem when a political mindset gets shoved down our throats (that's why I used the Ghostbusters and Ocean's 8 movie as examples).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Sweet jesus. What matters is how many features are a relevant part of the expansion, and BFA shits all over WoD in that regard. You should care cause it's really fucking important to the game experience how many features does or doesn't carry over from the previous expansion.
    This is the one expansion where they didn't see the need to reinvent the wheel yet again, cause with Legion they finally found a formular that works. You could argie that less new features are less hype, but does it honestly matter if the expansion is good regardless?
    Yes, it does matter because it's an important factor for the longevity of an expansion cycle.

MoP had a lot of great features that carried over into WoD and guess what, WoD has been really bad. A new expansion must rely on new features and that's the thing were BfA is enormously lacking.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS View Post
    Just curious, have you played in previous betas?
    I played in BC beta and legion beta those were the only ones I was invited to. The lack of long term content is very apparent with no Suramar style endgame zone to do at max. I've almost completed all the story quests in each 3 zones for alliance. At blizzcon we were pitched the idea that we get 3 new zones at max to explore ( opposite faction side). In reality you have few war campaign quests and then just world quests to do there currently. There's no reason for me to visit those areas unless im grinding azerite WQs or the war campaign quest. I know we only see a portion of the war campaign (currently bugged on beta as far as I can get).

Second thing is the lack of power ups or content while leveling. You finish the 3 zones for your faction very quick and then are immediately left with nothing but WQs and ques for dungeons at this point. In legion you had Suramar to start which actually took like 3-4 days of playing 4-6hrs per day due to all the quests and storylines that zone had from rep gates as well. Which I enjoyed a lot working towards something besides just grinding dungeons.

Third is the replayability, in Legion you had 12 distinct class hall stories to go through which actually gave you a reason to play them to find out how each class hall looked, the followers and story they got. Not only that but you had artifacts to get for each class and interesting new passives synergy and traits for your weapon. Then you had the cool hidden skins to farm as well.

In BFA what's the point of leveling a second character of the same faction to max level? There is no reason(beyond a cosmetic /rotational change). Those features alone were a big hook for me in Legion and thats how I got 12 chars to max for their story and class mounts as well. In BFA the logical choice is to have one max level alliance character and one max level horde character but that cuts down long term playability a lot. People will burn out quicker. I will burn out quicker in that scenario. Maintaining 2 characters is extremely easy if you're efficient and ilvl grind is only so interesting.

Just a few reasons BFA doesn't excite me like legion beta did. *my personal opinion*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Such as? tell me what content BfA has?
    Allied Races, Warfronts, Island Expeditions, Azerite progression, TWO new continents chock full of new stories and quests, new dungeons and raid tiers, new battlegrounds & arenas, PvP War mode, and that's not counting any future content that would come in future patches (because people always seem to forget that part).

Whenever someone asks "where is the content for [expansion]?!" It always seems like they're ignoring everything that's actually there. As if it 'doesn't count' as content.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-06-10 at 12:52 PM.

The war campaign at launch is going to be a slow burn as you simply setting up the ability to quest into the opposite faction zones later on. The downside to this approach is that by chopping it up with time gates it may be similar to Boring Shore quest line and players lose interest as a result.

So far looks so so, majorly because of mostly unchanged talents/gameplay classwise. If we ignore unchanged specs, it looks alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No and that wasn't my point at all. I have absolutely no problem with female leading characters (Jaina is my favorite character by far with Azshara being next), I have a problem when a political mindset gets shoved down our throats (that's why I used the Ghostbusters and Ocean's 8 movie as examples).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it does matter because it's an important factor for the longevity of an expansion cycle.

MoP had a lot of great features that carried over into WoD and guess what, WoD has been really bad. A new expansion must rely on new features and that's the thing were BfA is enormously lacking.
    What exactly carried over from MoP into WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Daily heroics were not the most efficient AP. So again, why do them just for AP? Also, AP 2.0 is still a thing. We still want it. So by your logic, daily heroics will be just as much of a thing as they were before.

Regs were not awesome for legos, m+0 and old raids were awesome for lego's. Regs you didn't even bother doing, it was better to just do M+ at that point for the gear+ap bonus on top of it.

And good, high end raiders shouldn't feel forced to do bin content to carry bad players. That's bad design.

I'm getting at, I don't think you understand how shitty it is, to make a game design where players at the top level, have to do content at the bottom level (normal dungeons, lfr etc) that seems to be what you want. That is bad design.
    Lol, yeah okay, 1 run a day that took maybe 5 minutes was slower than what else?

Regs were awesome for lego's, on my alts I've gotten most of my lego's in regs finishing quests and doings profs. That being said you agree that old content was good for lego's, meaning lego's were a content driver for outdated content that would have just been ignored otherwise.

I understand if you had shit luck, it was a shit system, but if you didn't have shit luck - the system was fine.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

-snip-
    Suramar was hit or miss, some loved it, some hated it, personally I found it to be a gated mess. Locking 2 dungeons behind it was not a good idea as there was really no other reward to doing it, honestly if the dungeons weren't there I probably wouldn't have bothered as the only rewards were super shit gear and AP (which was meh if you weren't cutting edge)