Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    China doesn't care for people integrating they want them gone so they can move Han Chinese people into the region.
    Incorrect.

Take a look at the largest Islamic minority in China, the Hui people, they are integrated and the Chinese government has no problems with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the problem with it. It's for the good of the party, the country, and by extension the people. If those money grubbing capitalist Jews had just forsaken their ways and surrendered to the So-.. oh, I'm sorry, I forgot which fascist suppression of minorities to consolidate the party ideology we were talking about.

Anyone who supports the use of these camps because they don't like Muslims needs to ask three questions
    1). Is everyone being sent in there a part of the group you hate, or are political dissidents "accidentally" being sent in as well?
    2) what is going to happen with the camps when their primary purpose is realized? Are they going to pack up and leave, or are there more groups in China for which black op indoctrination camps would be a good answer?
    3) is the media free enough to report it if 1 and 2 went bad, or is the same group who contols the camps also in control of the media and free flow of information?

Fascists typically suppress those who are most disliked to build up ttolerence for the oppression before moving on. I see this as a clear marker of the sort of suppression that will soon be endemic across China. Anyone who applauds this is an idiot with no foresight.

You're clueless, there are daily terrorist attacks in Chinese cities like Beijing by disgruntled people from all kind of persuasions, the Uighur aren't the only group being persecuted for little to nothing. China doesn't care for people integrating they want them gone so they can move Han Chinese people into the region.
    Daily terrorist attacks? I haven't read or heard anything about that in the news. Care to link some proof of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm agnostic, not really religious. i want actual religions to be repressed, because they spawn hatred and violence.

if a government tries to force a religion on me, it further proves my point that they need to be repressed.
    I maintain exactly what I said before: you want the government to dictate what the right religion is and to enforce it harshly. Nothing you've said seems to say otherwise, and laws that are only applied unilaterally aren't good for running a supposedly fair and just society.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I maintain exactly what I said before: you want the government to dictate what the right religion is and to enforce it harshly. Nothing you've said seems to say otherwise, and laws that are only applied unilaterally aren't good for running a supposedly fair and just society.
    i don't have a religion to impose. it'd be imposing secularism.

You're clueless, there are daily terrorist attacks in Chinese cities like Beijing by disgruntled people from all kind of persuasions, the Uighur aren't the only group being persecuted for little to nothing. China doesn't care for people integrating they want them gone so they can move Han Chinese people into the region.
    No, there aren't. And they aren't being persecuted for nothing. If you feel so responsible for trying to defend anyone being persecuted in China, you can make a much better case for Tibetans and Falun Gong. And I really wonder how are you going to defend your argument about China not caring to integrate minorities into its society when they have many minorities that were a part of it for centuries, were able to retain their identity and are not being persecuted by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Wow....it's deeply disturbing that anyone can have his entire family killed and shrug it off as "it was the will of XYZ diety"

It truly is just a coping mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't have a religion to impose. it'd be imposing secularism.
    You're imposing what you think is the accurate view of the world as it pertains to theology.

I.E, imposing your religious beliefs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're imposing what you think is the accurate view of the world as it pertains to theology.

I.E, imposing your religious beliefs.
    you're one of those people that calls atheism a religion too, aren't you?

because that's as stupid as what you're saying now.

Deleted
    @Kasierith

I do not support gulags, no matter under which name they hide.

There is a geopolitical component to Uyghur situation though. For years, Turkey has been pumping money into radical Islamists of Xinjiang, in a effort to destabilize the region. You can easily come to conclusion for whom Turkey was doing this, realpolitik is the name of the game as always. Of course, the Chinese backlash will now hurt innocent people greatly.

I was meaning to ask you this, but do you support complete independence of Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, Chechnya and Dagestan?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Daily terrorist attacks? I haven't read or heard anything about that in the news. Care to link some proof of it?
    They don't report on it on the news, If you visit China and are deemed important enough you get access to an app warning you to avoid certain areas because of potential terrorist attacks or places where attacks have recently happened. Last time I was in Beijing there where on average 5 attacks every day, most of these where knife attacks with little casualties. But there was the occasional bomb threat. The positive thing about a surveillance system as extensive as the Chinese is that successfully pulling off a major attack is nearly impossible, but that doesn't stop people from trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    No, there aren't. And they aren't being persecuted for nothing. If you feel so responsible for trying to defend anyone being persecuted in China, you can make a much better case for Tibetans and Falun Gong. And I really wonder how are you going to defend your argument about China not caring to integrate minorities into its society when they have many minorities that were a part of it for centuries, were able to retain their identity and are not being persecuted by any means.
    I don't feel responsible for them, I don't care about what happens to these people as I have no intention whatsoever to get involved in the situation I just put it as it is. I have no agenda I'm just interested in looking at the world for what it is instead of twisting and turning it into some deluded image that fits my narrative. China has changed a lot in the past century, whatever happened in the centuries before is irrelevant to what's happening today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Incorrect.

Take a look at the largest Islamic minority in China, the Hui people, they are integrated and the Chinese government has no problems with them.
    Well, no problems aside that they sometimes go into Chinese areas and start stabbing countless people as a form of protest/terror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    4 replies all of which basically boil down to 'He's Muslim, he deserves it'.
    Not for me, i think all religion fanatism should be suppressed, specially the ones saying "its the will of god/zeus/odyn/the great spaghetti monster" to literally everything.

And the way the man is acting, i do think his town deserves it, because for him, everything is the will of allah, which means he has become a true zealot. A fanatic, if you will. It is not because he is muslim, rather it is because far right ideology he is truly believing in. Just like how I despise far right christian zealots. Living by an ancient text, writen during that era, for the laws of that time, makes you a foolish person today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, no problems aside that they sometimes go into Chinese areas and start stabbing countless people as a form of protest/terror.
    Source? On Hui people specifically.

They don't report on it on the news, If you visit China and are deemed important enough you get access to an app warning you to avoid certain areas because of potential terrorist attacks or places where attacks have recently happened. Last time I was in Beijing there where on average 5 attacks every day, most of these where knife attacks with little casualties. But there was the occasional bomb threat. The positive thing about a surveillance system as extensive as the Chinese is that successfully pulling off a major attack is nearly impossible, but that doesn't stop people from trying.
    Okay, sure.

@bungeebungee are there terror attacks in Beijing on a daily basis that aren't reported in the news?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-06-10 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Okay, sure.

@bungeebungee are there error attacks in Beijing on a daily basis that aren't reported in the news?
    Imagine being so brainwashed by propaganda that you believe there are five terrorist attacks every day in Beijing.

Op, if you want to continue shitposting, atleast avoid pasting the whole thing over, it's just getting out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

you're one of those people that calls atheism a religion too, aren't you?

because that's as stupid as what you're saying now.
    Religions are world views, just like atheism is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Incorrect.

The Hui aren't really a minority, they are just Chinese people who happen to be Muslim, whereas the Uighurs are a distinct ethnic group that has never really considered themselves to be Chinese. And Islam isn't really the issue anyway, these people are far out on the fringe of the Muslim world and generally have little understanding of Islamic doctrine, for them it's more of a cultural marker to distinguish them from their neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    4 replies all of which basically boil down to 'He's Muslim, he deserves it'.
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

They don't know what they started almost 17 years ago. Zero sympathy from me.

China isn't weak on this, good for them.
    Last edited by Realitytrembles; 2018-06-10 at 01:31 PM.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson