15+ Year Old Account

Shattering Throw

So I played some games of Fenix last night after giving him a rest for a few weeks, and in one game I was against a Varian who was DESTROYING me with Shattering Throw. And I don't mean he was stripping my shields and then going to town, I mean Shattering Throw was literally one-shotting my health bar.

I checked the recaps after each death, and it was doing the maximum shield damage to my health even when I had no shields left. 1850 Throws were straight-up 100-0'ing me.

Is that normal? I have never seen that happen before.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's a known bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's a known bug.
    since when ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    since when ?
    I would guess since his release. Fenix has "permanent" shields, so anti-shield is always a tie against him. I figure it takes a non-trivial amount of work to fix or it would have been done already.

I would guess since his release. Fenix has "permanent" shields, so anti-shield is always a tie against him. I figure it takes a non-trivial amount of work to fix or it would have been done already.
    Nah, I played as Varian against him after release and it only removed shield.

15+ Year Old Account
    This definitely new - previously it just did tons of damage ONLY to the shield (the "up to" portion basically equalling the remaining shield). Now it's dealing its maximum damage not just to the shield, but also to your HP

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Nah, I played as Varian against him after release and it only removed shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    This definitely new - previously it just did tons of damage ONLY to the shield (the "up to" portion basically equalling the remaining shield). Now it's dealing its maximum damage not just to the shield, but also to your HP
    Interesting. Sounds like they've been doing some under-the-hood changes then.

The bug has been there for couple weeks now. Blue post at forums yesterday about looking into it.

I'm not sure if it's new, tbh. The reason it's much more noticable now is that the Varians go for both CS and the Dalaran Banner, while in the past they would have just gone Taunt. It's pretty difficult to really say when it popped up, though, considering Varian was relatively unpopular after his rework and, as mentioned, they very often went Taunt, considering his low HP with CS at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's new, tbh. The reason it's much more noticable now is that the Varians go for both CS and the Dalaran Banner, while in the past they would have just gone Taunt. It's pretty difficult to really say when it popped up, though, considering Varian was relatively unpopular after his rework and, as mentioned, they very often went Taunt, considering his low HP with CS at the time.
    Shattering Throw is the lvl13 utility talent

Shattering Throw is the lvl13 utility talent
    I know. I meant that in the past people would go Shattering Throw while still taking Taunt. Now people are amplifying the damage of Shattering Throw by also taking Colossal Smash and the Dalaran banner at 16.