Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    What exactly carried over from MoP into WoD?
    Well, the two most important aspects might be:

* new talent system
    * challenge mode

Both of which we still have in BfA. I mean WoD gave us at least one new talent row. BfA doesn't even offer that kind of "basic" class development (I count artifacts as the Legion version of a new talent row).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, the two most important aspects might be:

* new talent system
    * challenge mode

Both of which we still have in BfA. I mean WoD gave us at least one new talent row. BfA doesn't even offer that kind of "basic" class development (I count artifacts as the Legion version of a new talent row).
    That is a bit weird, it makes it feel like we're missing one of the very BASE expansion systems, new abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That is a bit weird, it makes it feel like we're missing one of the very BASE expansion systems, new abilities.
    Who knows, maybe they'll come up with a new talent row within the next two weeks because they realized how bad their class development for BfA really is. At least it seems like they've eventually acknowledged the overwhelming negative feedback during beta. Nowadays it's easy for them to give us a new talent row, they just need to "prune" classes a little bit more and make basic skills or passives talents (like they already did).

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post

Whenever someone asks "where is the content for [expansion]?!" It always seems like they're ignoring everything that's actually there. As if it 'doesn't count' as content.
    Whenever someone replies to a five day old post being triggered as hell, it always seems like they're ignoring post dates.

How is a static island with static mobs and static events, with reused assets and forced replayability content?

it gets worse when you understand that the reason it's replayable is so they don't need to invest time developing real content.

It's purposefully been designed as a cheap to develop time-sink, and absolutely everyone will see right through it in two weeks, and that's a bad thing, because it was one of the major "on box" pillars of BfA.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-06-10 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The "number" of things in beta that is finished is only a secondary issue compared to the fact that Blizzard seems stuck in the design paradigm of "If it ain't a premade raid, you shouldn't be able to fail at it."

I'm so sick and tired of feeling like I have to raid heroic in order to get all these support-wheels off. Like Blizzard is afraid of punishing bad play, and allowing non-premade content to require focus.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-06-10 at 07:42 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The easy solution to this, if you've not bought it already, is simply to wait until it's almost the release date. You can download it the day of release, so just keep an eye out.

AS for worrying because of what a subpar product at launch might do to the health of the game... eh. I'm not Blizzard so that is their problem.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-06-10 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Lol, yeah okay, 1 run a day that took maybe 5 minutes was slower than what else?

Regs were awesome for lego's, on my alts I've gotten most of my lego's in regs finishing quests and doings profs. That being said you agree that old content was good for lego's, meaning lego's were a content driver for outdated content that would have just been ignored otherwise.

I understand if you had shit luck, it was a shit system, but if you didn't have shit luck - the system was fine.
    Slower than WQs and M+ (Assuming your group wasn't bin)

And again, Regs were bin. Getting legos from reg doesn't mean anything. What matters is what built up your blp. Base mythic was great for that, heroic+normal dungeons? No. M+ was better then. Also, items that make you go back and farm levels of things that are so significantly beneath your skill cap, normal dungeons as a mythic raider, lfr as a mythic raider, raids that are 2 tiers old? That's bad game design. So yes you're right, legendaries did drive content, bad content. Content that was outdated and shouldn't have been that good to do.

But it did not drive m+, raids and quests, content you still did even without ap and legos.

Also, I had great luck, I had all my main spec legendaries before ToS came out (4 or so missing from every hunter spec being completed), and then got the new ones within a week, and did the grinding you said of all the old raids and base mythic (Not normal dungeons, because again, really dumb, really inefficient, and I was heavily min-maxing it) I got all legendaries across all specs early into ToS, few weeks in. I did the grind, I did the grind very efficiently. Reg mythics being the go-to is a bad meme.

TL;DR Stop promoting unhealthy game design, that's all this is, you wanting shit that's unhealthy for the game. Legion grinding was not healthy at its worse points (extreme lego farming + extreme AP farming phases seem to be what you're hyping)

No and that wasn't my point at all. I have absolutely no problem with female leading characters (Jaina is my favorite character by far with Azshara being next), I have a problem when a political mindset gets shoved down our throats (that's why I used the Ghostbusters and Ocean's 8 movie as examples).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it does matter because it's an important factor for the longevity of an expansion cycle.

MoP had a lot of great features that carried over into WoD and guess what, WoD has been really bad. A new expansion must rely on new features and that's the thing were BfA is enormously lacking.
    You mean like warmode, island expieditions, azerite gear, allied races?
    but ok then, totally NO NEW FEATURES

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The "number" of things in beta that is finished is only a secondary issue compared to the fact that Blizzard seems stuck in the design paradigm of "If it ain't a premade raid, you shouldn't be able to fail at it."

I'm so sick and tired of feeling like I have to raid heroic in order to get all these support-wheels off. Like Blizzard is afraid of punishing bad play, and allowing non-premade content to require focus.
    You can fail normal easily enough with the appropriate gear levels, especially with randoms. The same is true for LFR as the usual candidates show, like kingaroth, coven, aggramar, varimathras and argus. And if you want the support wheels off you need to raid mythic. If you feel like heroic is where you are at then that is just the difficulty for you, that is the whole point of the system.

The recent class reiteration and blue posts have calmed my worries. As long as they keep that up, I think we'll be fine. (Although I am still sad about Shadow's lackluster state...)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You mean like warmode, island expieditions, azerite gear, allied races?
    but ok then, totally NO NEW FEATURES
    Yeah I mean like because those so called features are nothing like revamped old stuff or watered down systems they already removed from the game.

Granted, allied races are a new feature but that's what I already said several times. A cosmetic feature doesn't carry an entire expansion.

Yeah I mean like because those so called features are nothing like revamped old stuff or watered down systems they already removed from the game.

Granted, allied races are a new feature but that's what I already said several times. A cosmetic feature doesn't carry an entire expansion.
    Ok so.
    mind telling me.
    what features did BC add?
    WOTLK?
    Cata?
    Mop?
    Wod?
    Legion?
    that were not just "revampled old stuff, watered down systems they removed from the game"

please show me your examples.

Deleted
    What features did BC add?

Flying
    New class and race
    New spells and talents
    New profession

I am sure there is more but I am going off memory.

A lot of the more important features good or bad came out during the expansions cycle. So saying an expansion is going to have nothing when we don't know what they're going to add seems a bit silly.

Case in point: Wrath of the Lich king. Apart from DK's it added fuck all new on the release, but during the expansion added hard mode raids and dungeon finder tool, two of the more lasting features of the game.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post

Flying
    New class and race
    New spells and talents
    New profession

Daily quests
    Gear for badges
    Arenas and ratings

We can also mention heroics, because if mythic+ counts as a feature, then heroics absolutely should as well (and heroics took vastly more effort to do in TBC than mythic+ took in Legion because mythic+ was N-th iteration on the same thing while heroics were 1st).

And the list is certainly not complete.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-06-11 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post

Flying
    New class and race
    New spells and talents
    New profession

BC didnt add any new class.

It added 2 new races where BFA will add a lot more. BFA also adds more per class content in the azerite armor then few new abilities and talents BC did.

WHere BC did add something actually cool to the game in JC'ing BFA has added warfronts, island expiditions, revamped world pvp with actual rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Daily quests
    Gear for badges
    Arenas and ratings

We can also mention heroics, because if mythic+ counts as a feature, then heroics absolutely should as well (and heroics took vastly more effort to do in TBC than mythic+ took in Legion because mythic+ was N-th iteration on the same thing while heroics were 1st).

And the list is certainly not complete.
    LOL what?

Heroics in TBC where only difficult when you had shit gear. Mythic plus is literally harder and stays hard the entire expansion. Are you high or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    LOL what?

Heroics in TBC where only difficult when you had shit gear. Mythic plus is literally harder and stays hard the entire expansion. Are you high or something?
    I was talking about how difficult they were to implement for the devs, not to do for players.

Pay attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I was talking about how difficult they were to implement for the devs, not to do for players.

Pay attention.
    Thats not clear from your post at all. Just saying. That being said i dont agree. M+ is more then just uppting the numbers and its a lot more balanced then heroics where. The added abilities that rotate every week has to be balanced to make sure all dungeons are actually completeable and at least semi comparable difficulty wise. If you look at tbc heroics some where piss easy and others where overtuned. Not even taking the sunwell patch dungeons that where deliberately harder.

SEND IT

It'll be fine.

Still messing with classes with 2 months left? yeah not one bit