Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Thrall is supposedly an enhancement shaman but he doesn't really play anything like it either.
    He's not exactly supposed to be an enhancement shaman though. He's supposed to be like he always was in a WoW, a strong melee fighter who also occasionally flings lightning bolts. Admittedly the wolf thing is kinda thrown in randomly, but he really does play like he's always been depicted as up until he became the earth shaman or whatever it was in cata when he started calling on the elements more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    He's not exactly supposed to be an enhancement shaman though. He's supposed to be like he always was in a WoW, a strong melee fighter who also occasionally flings lightning bolts. Admittedly the wolf thing is kinda thrown in randomly, but he really does play like he's always been depicted as up until he became the earth shaman or whatever it was in cata when he started calling on the elements more.
    He plays like his WC3 hero unit (Farseer). Chain Lightning, Feral Spirit (though in WC3 it summoned units like in WoW, and Earthquake. The other ability for Farseer was Farsight, but otherwise HotS Thrall is copied over from WC3.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Why are people so adamant about the Ret thing? Yrel is her own thing. She has abilities resembling what we've seen in playable version of Warcraft paladin, but that doesn't mean she must play exactly like one. In the game she is portrayed as a Paladin with 2 handed weapon, but still focusing more on protecting and healing those around her (as seen in cinematics, quests and Archimonde fight), while also being able to jump in and swing that hammer in anyones face. If anything she is a Paladin period, without a "spec" to tie her to any aspect of it. And like devs said, she is obviously mostly inspired by WoW ret, but that doesn't change the fact that she is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And like devs said, she is obviously mostly inspired by WoW ret, but that doesn't change the fact that she is something else.
    The devs said she IS a ret paladin. Not inspired by one. They said she plays like a ret paladin and captures their feel. She does not. It wouldn't be an issue if the devs hadn't literally talked her up as being a ret paladin coming to HotS.

Having just listened to her voice lines, I feel that HotS' incarnation of Yrel has more personality and is a far more interesting character than the Yrel we got in WoD, where she was dead serious and contemplative for the entirety of her screentime. I think this is the first time we've seen a genuine smile from her!

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like she's missing a shield from her back.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

She looks like shit. Like no, really, she looks very bad. Her kit sucks weinerz.

About the only thing she has going for her is that she has Muradin's Stormbolt>Dwarf Toss>Haymaker combo on her basic abilities (because the shit devs love doing stuff like that; making one hero do what another hero's ult combo does but on a basic ability CD). Her ults are both bad. She's literally all the gimmick of Garrosh but with none of the AoE taunt.

I predict she'll be considered A-tier at first but will slip down to B or even C-tier. She just doesn't look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I admit I was expecting a Ret Paladin Assassin/Bruiser

But seems like she can be a proper Tank/Bruiser as well.

Can't wait for the tsunami of tears of people wanting it to be Turalyon or whoever.
    good point

but seriously, why did they not pick turalyon? yrel was shoehorned in and hated by most people I knew (her voice actor need be shot)
    a nobody turned hero in one of the worst expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    good point

but seriously, why did they not pick turalyon?
    because there is an absolute sea of male human heroes, or human heroes period. what would differentiate turalyon from uther besides minor cosmetic differences and weapons?

a better question would be why not maraad, but that's easily explained by the vast majority of people not knowing who maraad is. I imagine the handful of lore nerds would know who he is, but the average MMO'er who mashes through quest text and watches cinematics at a surface level only know him as the guy who got 'blowed up' in Talador.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Her model looks kinda shite to be honest... she looks like a little girl not like adult draenei who are supposed to be tall as fuck...
    Female draenei are actually quite petite. Human female sized, roughly.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

a better question would be why not maraad, but that's easily explained by the vast majority of people not knowing who maraad is. I imagine the handful of lore nerds would know who he is, but the average MMO'er who mashes through quest text and watches cinematics at a surface level only know him as the guy who got 'blowed up' in Talador.
    Not that I care that much about whether it's Maraad or Yrel or whatever, but I don't get this at all. If Maraad is so unknown he can't or shouldn't be used as a hero, then why is Yrel more valid? She's about as well known as Maraad. If you play only Horde characters then she may be even less known to you than Maraad. People keep saying "IT CAN'T BE MARAAD CUZ NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS", but yet they're saying that in defense of a character who is just as known/unknown? I fail to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Not that I care that much about whether it's Maraad or Yrel or whatever, but I don't get this at all. If Maraad is so unknown he can't or shouldn't be used as a hero, then why is Yrel more valid? She's about as well known as Maraad. If you play only Horde characters then she may be even less known to you than Maraad. People keep saying "IT CAN'T BE MARAAD CUZ NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS", but yet they're saying that in defense of a character who is just as known/unknown? I fail to understand it.
    Because Yrel is more visually distinct and has had easily double (at least) screentime than Maraad.

Because Yrel is more visually distinct and has had easily double (at least) screentime than Maraad.
    Both characters only use default models and armor. Yrel didn't have much screentime after the Talador quests, where Maraad dies. She just shows up for Hellfire Citadel and that's about it. Maraad had literally the whole motion comic promo series for WoD, including a video dedicated to himself. If either of the two are more memorable than the other to people who don't care about lore, I'm going to go ahead and say it's Maraad hands down.

Both characters only use default models and armor. Yrel didn't have much screentime after the Talador quests, where Maraad dies. She just shows up for Hellfire Citadel and that's about it. Maraad had literally the whole motion comic promo series for WoD, including a video dedicated to himself. If either of the two are more memorable than the other to people who don't care about lore, I'm going to go ahead and say it's Maraad hands down.
    You forget her entire questline with the Alliance in Shadowmoon Valley.

But in any case, Blizzard disagreed.

You forget her entire questline with the Alliance in Shadowmoon Valley.
    "After the Talador zone quests," is what I said.

But in any case, Blizzard disagreed.
    Disagreed with what, exactly?

Becoz she is probably the only significant female draenei. If you replace her with Maraad, you won't get female draenei in future (or u will get random noname character). And you still have targets for male draenei - Akama and Velen.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Becoz she is probably the only significant female draenei. If you replace her with Maraad, you won't get female draenei in future (or u will get random noname character). And you still have targets for male draenei - Akama and Velen.
    I can understand that, but at the same time it's not like they couldn't add Yrel in later or whatever. I mean, she's being added because of BfA, obviously.

I can understand that, but at the same time it's not like they couldn't add Yrel in later or whatever. I mean, she's being added because of BfA, obviously.
    Yes, also becoz of Alterac event, which is also BfA (Battle for Alterac ). I have strong feeling next hero can be horde one (Saurfang maybe).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    good point

but seriously, why did they not pick turalyon? yrel was shoehorned in and hated by most people I knew (her voice actor need be shot)
    a nobody turned hero in one of the worst expansion.
    Because Turalyon is lame. I'm not a super fan of Yrel, but she's way better than Turalyon is now, by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Yes, also becoz of Alterac event, which is also BfA (Battle for Alterac ). I have strong feeling next hero can be horde one (Saurfang maybe).
    I've also heard she will appear in Battle for Azeroth which is probably another reason they are using her. She is going to be a bigger character than Maraad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.