Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    People really not to stop being so defensive. BFA could be terrific. That's not the point of the query. The point is, outside of WOW players, there seems to be zero marketing with a release date of only two months away.
    you do know no expansion has advertised 3 months away from the release date right? they all start adverting about 2 months to a month away
    so we iwll prob soon start seeing commercials and marketing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Just what is this expansion about anyway?
    - not about legion
    - not about lichking
    - not about deathwing
    - not about panda and that thunder king
    - not about time travel / garrosh

Please don't tell me this expansion is about fake-2-sides Tauren druid somehow wanting to murder human paladin because the undead queen said so... The Naga thing wasn't even pushed to the front, nor the voidlords... Except just that one image of that naga queen. No wonder this expansion is not hyped. Thread highly justified.
    oh gee what can this expansion be about if you have 1 whole zone and first raid devoted to old gods

the only thing this threads prove is that using beta as promotion is terrible idea and beta should be closed under NDA till 2 weeks before expansion since most of retards on internet dont know what beta is for .

I played the alpha twice and haven't touched it again...

Ah, when Fanboys try to keep people from talking about there concerns/hypedness of an expansion....

Personally im NOT hyped about BfA, many a reason and factors have to be taken into account: A Few changes (GCD is one of them) I do not like (I really dislike M+ for no apperent reason, maybe it doesnt float my boat, or maybe im insulted that raiding is not worth the effort anymore due to that - Something I loved to do, mostly due to the social bit- Not that I think M+ is bad but it aint for me) ...

However biggest reason why im not hyped might be more personal, ie my health and the fact i need a wow break once in awhile (last one was in late BC and early Woltk)... I will level my chars and see how the boat floats. (didnt play beta and alpha on purpose)

10+ Year Old Account
    people hated on MoP when it was first starting, now ppl look back on it as great.

herpa derp
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    people hated on MoP when it was first starting, now ppl look back on it as great.

herpa derp
    People hated MoP because of the setting and not of missing features, bad class design or anything else. They hated Pandaren and the Asia setting. In BfA not the setting or allied races are the subject for "hate", it's mostly everything else (non-existing features, class balance, pruning, things that get removed, dull faction storyline etc.).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is the theme of the expansion. That's just not why we (majority) play WoW. Horde vs Alliance was for some only the salt in the soup and not the main reason to play this game. It was the "we vs dragon", "explore the unexplored" or "where the hell are we (AQ40) here?" feeling. Horde vs alliance is just the most boring part of the whole warcraft universe.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like MoP. Carrying a theme the community isn't giving a resounding approval of.

I hear that one went good past the midway point which was nice I guess for the people who endured that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People hated MoP because of the setting and not of missing features, bad class design or anything else. They hated Pandaren and the Asia setting. In BfA not the setting or allied races are the subject for "hate", it's mostly everything else (non-existing features, class balance, pruning, things that get removed, dull faction storyline etc.).
    Dude. You're just wrong lol.

You've completely ignored people explaining what the new features in BfA are, you're lying about people hating MoP (especially the class design, tons of random people tout that as the peak of class design for many specs), and I for one am super refreshed and intrigued by where they're taking the storyline.

You've clearly just heard other people say the word "pruning" and "class balance" (there's no class balance, it's BETA), and your opinion is just lazy and unoriginal.

Think for yourself, and stop posting. You've done enough for one year.

Deleted
    Not sure why I should be hyped. Hardly ever hyped for new games as its not my life. Its something I do as a hobby whenever I have time.
    Don't really see how these negative Nancy's are the ones that "want to game to succeed" either. All you guys do is whine and moan and shout the loudest. Nothing constructive about your posts. Nothing that tells me you actually give a shit other then trolling people that want to talk about the games they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Oh just fuck off with these threads already.
    Sometimes I reallllly wish these forums had an upvote button like Reddit.

Because this, all day every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the trailer with sylvanas and anduin I just thought "please no". Forcing horde vs alliance in pve is just so wrong in my opinion. But :shrug: I am not anyone to decide this
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh gee what can this expansion be about if you have 1 whole zone and first raid devoted to old gods

the only thing this threads prove is that using beta as promotion is terrible idea and beta should be closed under NDA till 2 weeks before expansion since most of retards on internet dont know what beta is for .
    What are you talking about? They marketed legion invasion in first expansion, they marketed the hell out of arthas in the second expansion, they even SHOWN deathwing outright, they show panda (you can even play as one), you get to time travel immediately for the expansion that were about time travel from start. Are you telling me for sure this alliance vs. horde (Tauren druid murdering human paladin because of undead queen) thing is NOT the focus of this expansion but the old god is? Because there is one picture of the naga queen?

Even if that is the case, this expansion is ALL about old god, so exciting, the alliance vs. horde things are nothing but side quests... The lack of info justify the lack of hype, which is what the OP is about anyway, what are you arguing with me for???
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-06-11 at 10:19 AM.

ow how quickly people forget pandaria shitposting

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    People have very selective memory when they try to prove a point. Funny how that works, amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    People have very selective memory when they try to prove a point. Funny how that works, amirite?
    Yeah, just like people who don't remember how MoP was heavily criticized after the announcement and during beta because of Pandarens ("lol kung fu panda") and asian theme, and not for class design, gearing, and lack of gameplay additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Pot meet kettle.
    This thread in a nutshell.

But I don't get why people act like there is no PR/marketing for BfA anyway. They've already been running ads and what other kind of marketing has Blizzard done for previous expansions in recent times? Maybe I just haven't encountered it before, but WoW expansions felt never exessively advertised outside of some ads (and maybe another push a few weeks before release)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I think BFA will be awesome, but Legion was awesome, too and I'm still not really tired of it. Okay. I hate killing demons now, but there is so many things to do. I want classmounts for my alts and mage tower and stuff.

In every xpac I was so bored at the end, that I was very hyped for everything new.

BFA looks awesome, but I still enjoy legion and thats why I'm not that hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Yeah, just like people who don't remember how MoP was heavily criticized after the announcement and during beta because of Pandarens ("lol kung fu panda") and asian theme, and not for class design, gearing, and lack of gameplay additions.
    The beginning was also not very well received because people were stuck grinding 6 factions daily just to get some epic items under their belts. The theme is something many hated and still hate today, blizzard fucking up the class design across the board wasn't even on anyones radar, so that was obviously not perceived, except the usual few classes that drew the short stick. Then we have the ending which lasted way too long with SoO only to lead us into WoD of all things.

When people say they loved the expansion, most of them refer to ToT or they were among the crowd that really liked the theme.The game continued the fast downward slope at the time and I wouldn't even be surprised if many have very selective memories of the expansion because they only played during short(er) periods. There is also a chance that many of the people that hated MoP never came back and only the ones of the remaining 4 mil stuck around for the most part.

I always find it funny when 2 different statements crystalize out of a group of people, that these 2 varying statements supposedly also originated from the same person in that group.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-06-11 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I still criticize mop for those reasons. I felt like I was in some goofy Pixar film the entire expansion and then the nail in the coffin was having a whole patch dedicated to slaying some childish temper tantrum evil orc guy who was obviously gona fuck everything up when Thrall named him warchief during the prelude to cata. "THA THUNDAH KYYYYNG".

The one thing I have to give is that the Klaxxi bug people were amusing.