Poll: Do you think what Robert De Niro said was appropriate?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    You would think they'd cotton on by now that no one cares what Hollywood thinks about Trump. I mean all those celebrities who said they didn't support Trump, thought he was an idiot or said they were going to leave the country because of him during the Election really helped swing the vote to Clinton didn't they? Not to mention the various Trump bashing speeches at award events like the Oscars has done so much for them.
    Clinton was a bad candidate. She didn't really need help from anyone to screw things up for her.
    But they do care what celebrities think, they fucking elected one to the presidency.
    Make that two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    If so many people hate trump how did he end up with the presidency ?

I’m willing to bet more than half of that room voted for trump yet they’re cheering at De niro’s remarks. I’ve met several trump supporters in my personal life that acted like they didn’t want to tell anyone who they voted, not that I cared but everyone knew it was trump.

There are the bold trump supporters
    And there are the ones that are too embarrassed to admit they voted for him. Conservative In the voting booth but a liberal in the streets
    Well, he did lose the popular vote.

Also, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

man Trump should thank him, he likely just earned Trump and maybe the GOP several thousand more votes.......
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, he did lose the popular vote.

Also, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    there are people in these groups that are still being deceitful.

This is similar to that woman’s march that happened a while ago. All of those women out there marching and all of them were anti trump? I just don’t believe it, many of them voted for him.

It’s just not popular to say you’re a trump supporter so they carry on like liberals, some people do it not all

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    there are people in these groups that are still being deceitful.

This is similar to that woman’s march that happened a while ago. All of those women out there marching and all of them were anti trump? I just don’t believe it, many of them voted for him.

It’s just not popular to say you’re a trump supporter so they carry on like liberals, some people do it not all
    You can believe whatever you want. Now, there were certainly some people who changed their minds at the last minute, or who were ashamed to say they voted for Trump. But, when it comes to liberals, their hatred of Trump is pretty clear.

The Trump supporters in show business tend to keep their mouths shut. Then again, most celebrities tend to keep their mouths shut, far more than average citizens when it comes to politics.

I don’t think Hollywood needs to be rallied against trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I don’t think Hollywood needs to be rallied against trump.
    Yeah talk about preaching to the choir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But they do care what celebrities think, they fucking elected one to the presidency.

Wait for it to sink in.
    I just said no one cares what they think about Trump, not in general. Read the post again.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Clinton was a bad candidate. She didn't really need help from anyone to screw things up for her.
    Completely agree. I just found it funny that a bunch of Celebrities thought they were so important that the threat of them leaving the country would win Hilary the Election. Even better was when they got called on it afterwards.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I just said no one cares what they think about Trump, not in general. Read the post again.

Completely agree. I just found it funny that a bunch of Celebrities thought they were so important that the threat of them leaving the country would win Hilary the Election. Even better was when they got called on it afterwards.
    But that's the point, if people were being consistent, they would have never cared about what Trump said about politics. For years we have heard people complain about celebrities using their fame to talk about politics... and yet, those very same people voted for Trump. The hypocrisy did not go unnoticed.

You don't seem to understand. These issue are more complicated than that. Celebrities giving their opinion on something could go either way. It isn't written in stone that it would turn against them. Remember that celebrity who became president?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post

Make that two.
    Most people also voted for her

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Bill Maher is hoping the economy crashes and we go into a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Most people also voted for her
    Most of those who bothered to vote.
    Bill Maher is hoping the economy crashes and we go into a recession.
    Desperate times call for desperate measureas. If nothing else will convince the Trump voter that Trump is incompetent then maybe their empty bank account will.

Nice! It's good to see folks like McCain and de Niro standing up to this asshole! Unfortunately he still has 3 more years. The next President is going to have to burden the responsibility of the huge mess both foreign and domestic, that Trump is going to leave in his wake, if our country even manages to survive till then.

That draft dodging coward should never have been allowed to run for office imo.

Are they trying to get him reelected?

Art by draken4o

Fair enough, but he should've added "Fuck Hollywood".

Quote Originally Posted by Darklurker View Post
    Are they trying to get him reelected?
    If americans re-elect a bad celebrity president just because other celebrities opened their mouth then they're dumber than we thought.

<Shrug>

Actors entertain me... I really cannot expect any more from them. My plumber fixes my toilet... I really could care less what he thinks about politics.

I find it somewhat inappropriate for celebrities to make political statements. The issue is they aren't really suited to make political commentary, but their status gives them a far bigger soap box and a captive pliable audience.
    They should be more responsible with their words because they have a far bigger impact than the average person.

Its not even so much that I mind the comments, I just think they shouldn't be publicly involved.