Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    The first GTA came out in the 90s and several others came out before the first Witcher game. As for the game series GTA is much older.
    Yeah, and its totally not like games are imitating style of books as closely as possible...not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Novels came out before GTA.

Game series you are right though.
    The games aren’t canon and they take place like a side story to the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that concept of dark humor is little older than both GTA and Witcher series.
    And im pretty sure that witcher games just follow the style of books, with novels/comic being main source of inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, and its totally not like games are imitating style of books as closely as possible...not at all.
    The only thing that is similar with the books is the concept and arches. The story and writing was made by CD Project. The story telling from the books and games are very different. Hence why the original writer didn’t like what CD Project did with the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that is similar with the books is the concept and arches. The story and writing was made by CD Project. The story telling from the books and games are very different. Hence why the original writer didn’t like what CD Project did with the games.
    Except they aren't.

And sapkowski is so deep inside his own ass that he doesn't like anything anymore.

Except they aren't.

And sapkowski is so deep inside his own ass that he doesn't like anything anymore.
    The books are a fantasy story that depict how the Middle Ages were pretty well and unfiltered. There was a lot of violence, sex, poverty and alcohol. It’s nothing special at all.

I prefer the story telling in the game a lot more than the books. They aren’t that great tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The books are a fantasy story that depict how the Middle Ages were pretty well and unfiltered. There was a lot of violence, sex, poverty and alcohol. It’s nothing special at all.

I prefer the story telling in the game a lot more than the books. They aren’t that great tbh.
    So literally exactly what games are ?

So literally exactly what games are ?
    As I said. CD Project took the concept of the Witcher and wrote their own story.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said. CD Project took the concept of the Witcher and wrote their own story.
    Well no shit, given that games don't cover events from books/comics.

So...it's like Skyrim but with guns...and androids? /s

I honestly don't see the GTA comparison. Is it because there are cars and guns?
    Last edited by Samin; 2018-06-11 at 03:59 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    So...it's like Witcher 3 but with guns...and androids? /s
    fixed that for ya and yes and its glorious

So...it's like Skyrim but with guns...and androids? /s

The reason it's being compared to GTA is because the trailer was Rockstar like. AKA it was good. People may not realize it, but that is the reason. Seriously look at most of the GTAV trailers. Jump cuts from highly produced cutscene to highly produced cutscene is literally the trailer format rockstar invented and that is what the trailer is doing.

At the end of the day it's an RPG so no it's not going to be that much like GTA. The trailer just showed off GTA levels of production value, and that is a good thing to have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its all because of that fcking palm and sun. /s

Here's hoping that CDproject will put perturbator and carpenter brut music in game. Other than that looks almost perfect.
    A bit of Scandroid too and you are complete

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    A bit of Scandroid too and you are complete
    Yup, thats another good one. But seriously they need to put whole "The Uncanny Valley" album in the game. Especially "Sentient".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only dream they will put the radio stations into the game, so i can drive my car from countryside into the city at night looking at neon skyscrapers and listening to some Kavinsky - Nightcall remix.

Yup, thats another good one. But seriously they need to put whole "The Uncanny Valley" album in the game. Especially "Sentient".
    Venger is my number 1 from that album :-)! And to be fair, there are too many electrosynth artists that could fit into the soundtrack of the game (Hotline Miami kind of showed the way if I am honest)

Nice to find other fans of the genre is these forums!

It's looking good. Is it going to be open world like Witcher 3 or more closed of like Deus Ex?

The devs must have been sick of working on The Witcher after all these years, hah.
    This looks good, I'll admit, and I'll play it but damn I really prefer the fantasy genre and will miss it from CDproject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    It's looking good. Is it going to be open world like Witcher 3 or more closed of like Deus Ex?
    All of Night City and its surrounding areas (such as Heywood, Pacifica and so on) are supposedly as open as anything in Witcher 3 was.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a pixshur! There's your rain and stuffs. Oo yeah. Bring on that rain. Dark, broody rain!