Deleted

Is Arcane Torrent intentionally still on the GCD?

I noticed this last night while doing a little bit of Beta testing. Blood Fury and Berserking were taken off the GCD, wasn't Arcane Torrent supposed to have been?

Would be a pretty broken way of balancing it if it isn't a mistake

Arcane Torrent is a dispel now, those kind of spells are all on GCD.

Blood Fury and Berserking are small combat buffs, having to integrate those into the rotation with a GCD would make the combat rotation on those races more clunky, and as such worse then those races with passive buffs, so it really cannot be compared directly.

I always liked the idea of having Arcane Torrent generate Holy Power (or whatever resource your class is using). That won't go well with it being on GCD as there would be no meaning in using it for HP generation when I can always cast a filler Crusade or something...

15+ Year Old Account
    Offensive dispel is quite powerful in BfA dungeons now, AT will be quite handy in several mythic+ trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I always liked the idea of having Arcane Torrent generate Holy Power (or whatever resource your class is using). That won't go well with it being on GCD as there would be no meaning in using it for HP generation when I can always cast a filler Crusade or something...
    well if you're ever starved for HoPo it's still there, sometimes it will have a use even with a GCD just not as often.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    well if you're ever starved for HoPo it's still there, sometimes it will have a use even with a GCD just not as often.
    I know but it takes away a lot from the fun of using it. I even had a RP macro "The Light returns to me!" xD

Felt so good with Crusade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Arcane Torrent is a dispel now, those kind of spells are all on GCD.

Blood Fury and Berserking are small combat buffs, having to integrate those into the rotation with a GCD would make the combat rotation on those races more clunky, and as such worse then those races with passive buffs, so it really cannot be compared directly.
    "All offensive Cooldowns are now on the GCD" "Racials are being taken off the GCD" Sounds like a contradiction of Blizzard's part. Berserking and Blood Fury are offensive CDs, no matter how small.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    "All offensive Cooldowns are now on the GCD" "Racials are being taken off the GCD" Sounds like a contradiction of Blizzard's part. Berserking and Blood Fury are offensive CDs, no matter how small.
    If you ignore that those statements were made at different times and there were explanations to go along with them, maybe.

Otherwise, there is no contradiction. Even without the explanations "all offensive CDs have been put on the GCD" and "Racials have been removed from the GCD" aren't contradictory as long as they aren't happening simultaneously. In fact, the second statement wouldn't even make sense without the first, since there'd be no GCD to remove.