Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just found out this exists:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=104302/blackflame-daggers

I mean, what the fuck? Are you really trying to say its impossible to let us transmog dual weapons into two handers?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    We have now seen that it will not return, so can threads talking about it finally stop, or does the now pointless obsession continue for another couple of years?
    Tell that to the High Elf thread, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by loanel View Post

I mean, what the fuck? Are you really trying to say its impossible to let us transmog dual weapons into two handers?
    Now that you mention it, there's a toy that turns you into an undead (drops from scholo) and you dualwield 1 handers no matter what you actually are using, so the reverse should totally work

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The only way I could see this ever working is if they scaled skills differently depending on the weapon choice and allow 2h weapons to be enchanted twice, once for the MH effect and once for the off hand effect, even then there might be edge cases. I very much doubt that the current team of lazy bums will bother to give players their class' feeling back unless it coincides with a large predictable increase in cashflow towards Blizzard.
    considering how they handled Monks is the perfect example of what to expect then.

Deleted

Then I guess they just don't want to? And that's fair enough. How long does 2H need to be dead for these threads to also die?

Visual effects that was added for frost dk in legion desined only for 1h swords, and they differs from the previous animation. So I suppose that for 2h frost there is no new design at all - hit animation, obli, frost strike and so on. Toy animations is just a few different pew pew, that are all the same for dk, warrior, rogue, or whatever you are. No design - no 2h. And btw - fdk class is a fast and furious killing machine, why for the sake he should be 2 hander? Its like a rogue with polearm... The only thing I will miss - paired weapon, our artifact is a 1 slot item that gives us 2 1h wepons. 2h easier to get, two one handers to get longer, especially if it needs lots of people. Was exited when blizz made a paired weapon, realy thought that the problem was solved with the thing that one handers have to get more slots of equipment.
    Last edited by Terion; 2018-06-10 at 08:35 AM.

If you use it on a 2h weapon you only get one of the daggers though and do a super slow 1h stab animation instead of the 2h animation . I guess they broke it in legion.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-06-10 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If you use it on a 2h weapon you only get one of the daggers though and do a super slow 1h stab animation instead of the 2h animation . I guess they broke it in legion.
    Maybe it's just me, but i love the idea of hitting fast with a two hander. GCD is faster than weapon swings anyway, it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I must be the only Frost DK that prefers 1handers. :S

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    A dozen whiners asking for 2 hand frost in forums does not represent the majority of players that play that class and like or dont care what kind of weapon the spec uses since they are not gonna bother going to forums to say how they like 1 handers or dont care about.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-07-10 at 10:29 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Funny how class with 6 skills on skillbar asks not for spells-skills, but for 2h weapon.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Don't worry, there are enough weebs that like it. Most of them are called kirito.. well in our case probably kirithas.

Quote Originally Posted by Terion View Post
    Visual effects that was added for frost dk in legion desined only for 1h swords, and they differs from the previous animation. So I suppose that for 2h frost there is no new design at all - hit animation, obli, frost strike and so on. Toy animations is just a few different pew pew, that are all the same for dk, warrior, rogue, or whatever you are. No design - no 2h. And btw - fdk class is a fast and furious killing machine, why for the sake he should be 2 hander? Its like a rogue with polearm... The only thing I will miss - paired weapon, our artifact is a 1 slot item that gives us 2 1h wepons. 2h easier to get, two one handers to get longer, especially if it needs lots of people. Was exited when blizz made a paired weapon, realy thought that the problem was solved with the thing that one handers have to get more slots of equipment.
    Overall DK class fantasy heavily favors 2H. Being the slow, unrelenting force of death slowly advancing. Like a glacier, if you will. Furthermore, "obliterate" just looks and sounds more intimidating with a big heavy weapon vs two small ones.

No one's saying 1H needs to go away, or even stop being the new face of Frost. Some of us just prefer the look and feel of a 2H frozen killing machine and don't want to be a disease-flinging Unholy DK, and really there's no decent reason why they can't do it beyond them just trying to force some kind of arbitrary visual distinction between specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    No one's saying 1H needs to go away, or even stop being the new face of Frost. Some of us just prefer the look and feel of a 2H frozen killing machine and don't want to be a disease-flinging Unholy DK, and really there's no decent reason why they can't do it beyond them just trying to force some kind of arbitrary visual distinction between specs.
    To be honest, the irony here is that the whole fast and furious thing is already true for the unholy dk as well, you constantly fling deathcoils, weapon strikes that cost one rune etc. In the end the only spec that actually plays with the DK fatansy is blood.. well until you consider that all of them stack haste and end up spamming their abilities like crazy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Funny how class with 6 skills on skillbar asks not for spells-skills, but for 2h weapon.
    Every spec in the game now has ~4 rotational attacks, 1-2 buff abilities used every 30-45sec, 1-2 damage CDs, 1-2 damage reduction CDs, and 1-3 legit utility spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Tested on Beta: 2Hd is viable but no where near optimal. Just substitute Frostscythe for Oblit and [edit:Glacial Advance] for Frost Strike, keep the rotation the same, and mobs will go down.
    More things to consider since the last month:

• Glacial Advance is now a much better replacement for Frost Strike as a RP spender in a 2Hd build. It applies Razorice to all targets which also boosts Frostscythe damage. It also triggers Icy Talons now, so increased attack speed can cause more crits for more Killing Machine Frostscythes in a Crit heavy build.
    • Frostscythe scales with Mastery while Oblit does not.
    • Now that Glacial Advance triggers KM in an Obiliteration window, you don't have to use Howling Blast all the time (save it for Rime procs).

I wish I could sim this to see how far behind DW it is. With multiple targets Frostscythe and GA look very good.

Again I must stress, using DW is better for DPS, but for the 2hd diehards, there is a way.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2018-07-10 at 06:22 PM. Reason: changed 'Obiliterate window' to 'Obiliteration window'

More things to consider since the last month:

• Glacial Advance is now a much better replacement for Frost Strike as a RP spender in a 2Hd build. It applies Razorice to all targets which also boosts Frostscythe damage. It also triggers Icy Talons now, so increased attack speed can cause more crits for more Killing Machine Frostscythes in a Crit heavy build.
    • Frostscythe scales with Mastery while Oblit does not.
    • Now that Glacial Advance triggers KM in an Obiliteration window, you don't have to use Howling Blast all the time (save it for Rime procs).

I wish I could sim this to see how far behind DW it is. With multiple targets Frostscythe and GA look very good.

Again I must stress, using DW is better for DPS, but for the 2hd diehards, there is a way.
    Pretty far behind I must say, you're missing a major weapon enchant that's 15% less damage there. Also frostscythe is very unreliable as it only does damage when it crits and GA has a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Pretty far behind I must say, you're missing a major weapon enchant that's 15% less damage there. Also frostscythe is very unreliable as it only does damage when it crits and GA has a cooldown.
    And you just answered why wont be no 2 hand for frost.

for the 2hd diehards, there is a way.
    Nevermind. GA and FScythe both require one handed weapons now. No fun allowed.

Nevermind. GA and FScythe both require one handed weapons now. No fun allowed.
    WoW players: How much fun is it to try different builds and game styles even if it's not optimal? because we like customisation and the freedom to play how we want

Blizzard: NOT ON MY WATCH. You're not having fun the right way!