Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you think of IGN reviews?

The guy who said Jurassic World Evolution was bad
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...olution-review

Said Mass Effect Andromeda was good.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/...dromeda-review

What can be worse than Andromeda? Can they be taken seriously anymore?
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2018-06-11 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did ME:A have cheerleaders while Jurassic Park didnt?

modern games journalism has no reason to exist. opinions on retail releases can be found anywhere and everywhere and more are concerned with being a political blogger who is super salty they arent seen as 'real tech journalism' to have standards for quality. Why would any of them be relevant to you in the modern day?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The financial needs of the outlet take precedence over the truth and veracity of the content. There is no such thing as unbiased anymore. "Professional" reviews are useless.

I generally stay clear of IGN, their reviews and scores seem less grounded in reality and more like they've been bought out.

I'll stick to Angry Joe, Worth A Buy and GGManLives for honest reviews.

Deleted
    If Rotten Tomatoes teached me anything is that professional reviewers are snobs with agendas and extremely opinionated.

Pro reviewers cant be trusted

Let the "voice of the people" be heard in user reviews like IMDB and Steam overall reviews.

I just experience it for myself, even the reviews of the masses can be misleading. I've quite enjoy things that rate very low publicly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post

....is this serious? A lot of games. Andromeda is a solid 7/10, which Dan Stapleton gave it a 7.7 which isn't far off. Of course it's disappointing considering how great Mass Effect is, but it is hardly a bad game.

Also your posts are sensationalistic and annoying.

On topic, whenever a game comes out that I'm on the fence about, I'll go on a review roundup and see what the general consensus of a game is to consider whether it's worth my time or not. With so many games coming out and my personal life being very busy lately, I have to be extremely selective with which games I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    ....is this serious? A lot of games. Andromeda is a solid 7/10, which Dan Stapleton gave it a 7.7 which isn't far off. Of course it's disappointing considering how great Mass Effect is, but it is hardly a bad game.

Also your posts are sensationalistic and annoying.
    These were exactly my thoughts. It wasn't a bad game it was just competing with every other game in the series.

OT: Reviews are opinions. There isn't a right or wrong review. Just reviews that either end up agreeing with the majority or those that look "dumb" later because they held a different opinion than the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    You talk about IGN but dont remember the good ole 8.8 meme and the god hand being shat on whilst giving praise to a baby game... ign shitting on new smb wii whilst giving them a high score, so on and so forth... modern game journalism is shit.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I think IGN is usually being paid to give good reviews, but with that said, every reviewer is independent. What one may say in an official review does not represent every IGN employees and I think it's unfair to generalize IGN based on a few, off-sounding reviews.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think I have read an IGN article for 15 years lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Never listen to someone who didn't pay for they game. If you want real reviews of a game. Listen to the people who spent money on it. hear what they say. The players who actually play the games. Not people paid to write things about a game

15+ Year Old Account
    I know this OP loves to make threads related to Mass Effect all the time, but I'm really wondering what his obsession with that game is.

A journalist didn't like a game that came out recently and thought a different game was good a year and a half ago. Good isn't amazing. Good isn't a must have. It was a good game. Not the best in the series, but that's not what the review claimed. In fact, the conclusion specifically says:

Mass Effect: Andromeda only occasionally recaptures the series' brilliance, but delivers a vast and fun action-RPG
    Sounds like a fair assessment.

As far as IGN reviews, I usually read the Westworld and Game of Thrones ones after I watch the episodes because they help me keep some of the references from previous episodes straight. I'm not particularly interested in what score they give it, but I'm glad that they have all the extra little details that I may have forgotten from previous seasons. Its hard to remember if GoT has a 4 sentence scene in season 7 that related to season 2 or 3. The people at IGN break all of that down and help me remember those moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I'll stick to Angry Joe, Worth A Buy and GGManLives for honest reviews.
    You know why they havo so little views compared to IGN? Because I cannot watch an imbecile doing theatrics without showing gameplay for fucking 45 minutes to get a sense of what game it is. Jesus f christ, angry joe? That loser? Well, people actually vote for Trump and Putin, so no surprise that angry joe also has viewers. But comparing some schmucks with sony vegas pro and a green blanket with an IGN?.. Come on...
    Last edited by ldev; 2018-06-11 at 05:10 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    You know why they havo so little views compared to IGN? Because I cannot watch an imbecile doing theatrics without showing gameplay for fucking 45 minutes to fucking get a sense of what game it is. Jesus f christ, angry joe? That loser? IGN all the fucking way, lol.
    Id rather watch that than a sellout whos clique is "i dont like vidyagams" on its 30 with a midlife crysis.

So little views? AJS gets around 1m easily on his videos, when i watch IGN reviews on youtube they struggle to make it past 100k
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Id rather watch that than a sellout whos clique is "i dont like vidyagams" on its 30 with a midlife crysis.

So little views? AJS gets around 1m easily on his videos, when i watch IGN reviews on youtube they struggle to make it past 100k
    I'm confused - you're describing angry joe or two others in my quote?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post

Its his opinion and he's entitled to it. Why do we need a topic about that?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I'm confused - you're describing angry joe or two others in my quote?
    Ow the edge

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Ow the edge
    Yea, I have no idea how a hipster totally not edgelord didn't mentioned zero punctuation - a guy who has literally 1 review and keeps pushing it for what? 6 years now? After three videos his joke become very boring, but heyyy, at least it's not IGN.