Why does Mortal Kombat never really bother moral guardians anymore?

It's pretty weird how culturally accepted Mortal Kombat is now to the point of making cameos (with the fatality no less) into a Disney movie. No one is really bothered by the violence long since its inception even though it only becomes more and more gross.

Just wondering why

10+ Year Old Account
    There are people crying about it tho, i do recall the last one with some game journos crying about female characters getting hit in the groin and how it would create violence towards woman. Basically the good old "think of the children" but now coming not from a religious standpoint but from a game journalist clique that likes that clickbaity content.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

It's like being against fur. Nobody has the energy anymore.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    There are people crying about it tho, i do recall the last one with some game journos crying about female characters getting hit in the groin and how it would create violence towards woman. Basically the good old "think of the children" but now coming not from a religious standpoint but from a game journalist clique that likes that clickbaity content.
    Got a link to that one?

Cultural inertia. Makes me think of The Simpsons. At one time they decried it as a sign of rotting moral values and standards. Parents used to keep kids from watching it. Now they watch it with them (cos a lot of them grew up on it and still watch).

Because then GTA happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    It's pretty weird how culturally accepted Mortal Kombat is now to the point of making cameos (with the fatality no less) into a Disney movie. No one is really bothered by the violence long since its inception even though it only becomes more and more gross.

Just wondering why

My money is on that the current generation is increasingly comprised of people who played it when they were younger on the Genesis and Snes, and simply don't see it that way. Its not necessarily that the first people who were outraged ever got over it in great numbers, though there were plenty who were using it as a political prop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Because feminists and progressives took over the role of the old conservative religious, just swap violence with sexuality.

Same arguments, same bullshit, both want to censor media, remove content and ban the content they deem morally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    because the shit you complain about nowadays are genders and sexualities, video games are so 5 years ago
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

MK isn't as popular as it once was, if there was another MK hit that took off like Fortnite it would be a huge, there would be so many tears people on the Denali would be swimming.
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2018-06-11 at 06:51 PM.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I think people are just becoming more rational when it comes to things like that.

No normal functioning human is going to play mortal kombat and get an overwhelming urge to punch a female in the privates.

Normal functioning being the keywords. You can’t restructure your entire existence around the few non-functional humans. We will slowly weed those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    I think people are just becoming more rational when it comes to things like that.

No normal functioning human is going to play mortal kombat and get an overwhelming urge to punch a female in the privates.

Normal functioning being the keywords. You can’t restructure your entire existence around the few non-functional humans. We will slowly weed those out.
    Only non normal functional humans have these fears, so it's never ending.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Wait, what movie has a cameo from MK in it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Wait, what movie has a cameo from MK in it? lol
    I'm gonna guess it's Ready Player One.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm gonna guess it's Ready Player One.
    He specifically said disney, Ready Player One is WB. I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    He specifically said disney, Ready Player One is WB. I'm genuinely curious.
    Kano in Wreck It Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Kano in Wreck It Ralph.
    Thanks, that's actually quite hilarious.

Most of the detractors stopped talking once the industry began applying labels to their games, with the idea being that since parents control the money, they can control what games their kids play. There's absolutely no reason why a parent can't flip a box over and read the ESRB rating on the back, or quickly google it online for two minutes.