Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    BC didnt add any new class.

It added 2 new races where BFA will add a lot more. BFA also adds more per class content in the azerite armor then few new abilities and talents BC did.

WHere BC did add something actually cool to the game in JC'ing BFA has added warfronts, island expiditions, revamped world pvp with actual rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL what?

Heroics in TBC where only difficult when you had shit gear. Mythic plus is literally harder and stays hard the entire expansion. Are you high or something?
    Azerite gear is more than new spells/abilities and talents? Are you joking? You are comparing passive abilities to active ones with visuals. You completely invalidate your whole post with just that one statement.

BC didnt add any new class.

It added 2 new races where BFA will add a lot more. BFA also adds more per class content in the azerite armor then few new abilities and talents BC did.

WHere BC did add something actually cool to the game in JC'ing BFA has added warfronts, island expiditions, revamped world pvp with actual rewards.
    TBC opened up Shaman and Paladin for the opposite faction. In fact it didn't offer a new class overall but out of nowhere there was a "semi-new" class for both factions. Playing both factions back in Vanilla was a lot more difficult than it is now so the example with Shaman / Paladin isn't that bad.

I find it hilarious that somebody really thinks BfA adds more to the game than TBC did. LOL!

Draenei were a completely new race, B11s might be considered reskinned N11s though. Allied races in BfA are usual races with new skin colours or overweight / underweight. All of the allied races stuff could have been achieved with the barber shop.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-06-11 at 11:17 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I still don't know what warfronts really are. They had one playtest, which I didn't get to participate in, and from videos it doesn't look very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    I still don't know what warfronts really are. They had one playtest, which I didn't get to participate in, and from videos it doesn't look very exciting.
    This is another issue with Warfronts. They're a mystery. We basically know nothing about them (I think that is the case because Blizzard doesn't know it either).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    TBC opened up Shaman and Paladin for the opposite faction. In fact it didn't offer a new class overall but out of nowhere there was a "semi-new" class for both factions. Playing both factions back in Vanilla was a lot more difficult than it is now so the example with Shaman / Paladin isn't that bad.

I find it hilarious that somebody really thinks BfA adds more to the game than TBC did. LOL!

Draenei were a completely new race, B11s might be considered reskinned N11s though. Allied races in BfA are usual races with new skin colours or overweight / underweight. All of the allied races stuff could have been achieved with the barber shop.
    Its getting very subjective in here but thats fine. To me Draenei is literally the ugliest race they have ever added.

BFA is adding like 3-5 new allied races that are all way better done then the Draenei imo.

Shaman and paladin wasnt semi new in tbc. They where simply enabled cross faction. It wasnt actual content but more like a balance deal that should have been there from day 1.

There was nothing difficult about having a shaman and a paladin in vanilla. It was just time consuming to level both.

I dont think there can be any doubt that BFA has more content then TBC.

I've been playing BfA since alpha and i'm not worried about how unfinished the game might be (because it is not), i'm worried about how the game just feels boring, how it seems that replayability value for some of the new features is mostly absent. I hope that the game ends up proving me wrong, i really do, but so far i think is just a bad expansion and is not a matter of finishing it in time, is a matter of how it is designed.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I would hope so considering the game is 10+ years older at this point.

5+ Year Old Account

Warfronts are like WoD Shattrath and Talador 2.0. Announced as content and 90% scrapped shortly before release because they couldn't add more or finish them.
    I didn't play during WoD, but I've learned that the Shattrath raid was scrapped, along with a lot of other things. What happened with Talador Forest, though? I haven't even levelled there...

More on topic, I am worried about classes getting major changes this close to launch. Yeah, better late than never, sure, but it begs the question, WTF were the class designers doing during Alpha?

This is another issue with Warfronts. They're a mystery. We basically know nothing about them (I think that is the case because Blizzard doesn't know it either).
    You have been able to do the warfront on horde for the last few days on beta. It's weird honestly, its just a 20 man scenario of a pitched battle against alliance NPCs. It doesn't feel possible to lose, takes maybe 20-30 minutes. Unknown rewards since they don't seem to be implemented. It feels like a feature that will be done once a week for a weekly reward and then never touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    I've been playing BfA since alpha and i'm not worried about how unfinished the game might be (because it is not), i'm worried about how the game just feels boring, how it seems that replayability value for some of the new features is mostly absent. I hope that the game ends up proving me wrong, i really do, but so far i think is just a bad expansion and is not a matter of finishing it in time, is a matter of how it is designed.
    As opposed to the replay-ability of other expansions? All there ever was was running dungeons, raids, or PvP over and over with a monthly fishing tourney. Add to that Pet Battles, dailies and weeklies, transmog runs, WQs, and all the new micro-holiday stuffs added from TBC through Legion. BfA added in addition to that, Warfronts and Island Expeditions. So it has all the same stuff in terms of replay-ability plus two additions to it and you are worried?

I guess I need to ask were you concerned or bored with all the replay-ability of all the other expansions you played before?

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    You have been able to do the warfront on horde for the last few days on beta. It's weird honestly, its just a 20 man scenario of a pitched battle against alliance NPCs. It doesn't feel possible to lose, takes maybe 20-30 minutes. Unknown rewards since they don't seem to be implemented. It feels like a feature that will be done once a week for a weekly reward and then never touched.
    That's exactly my feeling as well. I mean honestly, what's the point of Warfronts? Really, what is it? It's not really a new game mode or something like that, it's just a scenario like the Broken Shore scenario with other players. I really don't know why Blizzard made such a fuzz about it and is giving us exactly NOTHING anymore when it comes to Warfronts. They really feel like a "feature" that's already been scrapped.

- - - Updated - - -

Its getting very subjective in here but thats fine. To me Draenei is literally the ugliest race they have ever added.

BFA is adding like 3-5 new allied races that are all way better done then the Draenei imo.

Shaman and paladin wasnt semi new in tbc. They where simply enabled cross faction. It wasnt actual content but more like a balance deal that should have been there from day 1.

There was nothing difficult about having a shaman and a paladin in vanilla. It was just time consuming to level both.

But BfA hasn't more content than TBC (and most likely won't after all content patches are rolled out and we're waiting for the next xpac). TBC had massive amounts of content and features, something that BfA isn't able to offer. Classes alone received major overhauls, new talents and a handful of new skills, something BfA isn't even offering for the majority of specs (okay, they started doing this a lot more in the last days, granted).

TBC:
    7 new zones (+ Isle of Quel'danas) vs. BfA: 6 new zones (+ at least one new zone in a later content patch)
    TBC: 15 dungeons (+ Magister's Terrace) vs. BfA: 10 dungeons (+ I'd say at least one or two new dungeons in later content patches)
    TBC: 6 raids (+ Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau) vs. BfA: Ul'dir (+ Azshara raid + at least another raid in a later content patch, maybe two)

When it comes to Allied Races... subjective, okay. But again, Draenei were a completely new model. Allied Races are reskins and not new races at all. They use base models with different skin tones.

On top of that TBC added a completely new PvP feature (Arenas), an entirely new profession (Jewelcrafting) and flying mounts.

Even when we just compare the "basic" features of expansions (new zones, dungeons and raids) BfA falls short when compared to TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I didn't play during WoD, but I've learned that the Shattrath raid was scrapped, along with a lot of other things. What happened with Talador Forest, though? I haven't even levelled there...

More on topic, I am worried about classes getting major changes this close to launch. Yeah, better late than never, sure, but it begs the question, WTF were the class designers doing during Alpha?
    Well, I can't really tell you all the stuff that happened shortly before WoD launch or right after but A LOT of things in WoD just got scrapped due to [reasons] (I think Blizzard knew that WoD is bad but it was too late to abandon the entire expansion or to rework it so they just scrapped things and tried to shorten the lifetime of WoD).
    _______

Another thing: I think we all know that BfA is the start of a new expansion duology / trilogy (remember, MoP->WoD->Legion are an expansion trilogy because most of the Legion events started in MoP) but that doesn't mean it must be so bare of features or interesting new things.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-06-11 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Slower than WQs and M+ (Assuming your group wasn't bin)

And again, Regs were bin. Getting legos from reg doesn't mean anything. What matters is what built up your blp. Base mythic was great for that, heroic+normal dungeons? No. M+ was better then. Also, items that make you go back and farm levels of things that are so significantly beneath your skill cap, normal dungeons as a mythic raider, lfr as a mythic raider, raids that are 2 tiers old? That's bad game design. So yes you're right, legendaries did drive content, bad content. Content that was outdated and shouldn't have been that good to do.

But it did not drive m+, raids and quests, content you still did even without ap and legos.

Also, I had great luck, I had all my main spec legendaries before ToS came out (4 or so missing from every hunter spec being completed), and then got the new ones within a week, and did the grinding you said of all the old raids and base mythic (Not normal dungeons, because again, really dumb, really inefficient, and I was heavily min-maxing it) I got all legendaries across all specs early into ToS, few weeks in. I did the grind, I did the grind very efficiently. Reg mythics being the go-to is a bad meme.

TL;DR Stop promoting unhealthy game design, that's all this is, you wanting shit that's unhealthy for the game. Legion grinding was not healthy at its worse points (extreme lego farming + extreme AP farming phases seem to be what you're hyping)
    Daily heroic was bonus ap in queue and lego chance for about 5 minutes worth of steam rolling. Then you move to mythics, and raids.

BTW I am not promoting shit design, I am simply stating that they were content drivers, any worth while reward can do that, but without it, no dice.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    As opposed to the replay-ability of other expansions? All there ever was was running dungeons, raids, or PvP over and over with a monthly fishing tourney. Add to that Pet Battles, dailies and weeklies, transmog runs, WQs, and all the new micro-holiday stuffs added from TBC through Legion. BfA added in addition to that, Warfronts and Island Expeditions. So it has all the same stuff in terms of replay-ability plus two additions to it and you are worried?

I guess I need to ask were you concerned or bored with all the replay-ability of all the other expansions you played before?
    You can't just value replay-ability without measuring the quality, quantity or even the novelty of the content.

Yes, older expansions not only had less content, but we also had less reasons to repeat it. But we did it, mainly because it was fun, the game was fairly new and a lot of people was playing the genre for the very first time... But i'm not even comparing BfA to TBC, that won't be fair. I'm comparing it to legion.

When it comes to BfA i just don't have fun playing it as i did with other expansions, is a personal opinion based on my own experience. There can be a lot of reasons why this is happening and also the chance that the games is released and for other reasons i end up having fun. But so far that's not the case and it's the first time that i feel this way.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing beta for only a few days now, but (apart from a boat in a quest taking everyone to the middle of the ocean to die) I haven't run into hardly any bugs/problems. There have been a few minor issues, like the mini-map not displaying correctly in caves, but overall it seems pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    The problem is that BFA doesn't have a major pull factor outside of allied races. That is scary because WoD didn't have strong pull factor either.

No not really. Even WoD was worth it's money (got like a month or two of fun out of it at the start and another 2 at the end) and that looked significantly more broken 2 month before launch.

I assume Bfa is going to do much better, because it has the legion systems as a bare minimum. We will see how many month of extra fun the new stuff will bring.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    No not really. Even WoD was worth it's money (got like a month or two of fun out of it at the start and another 2 at the end) and that looked significantly more broken 2 month before launch.

I assume Bfa is going to do much better, because it has the legion systems as a bare minimum. We will see how many month of extra fun the new stuff will bring.
    The legion system: Without artifacts, legendaries, and set bonuses?

BFA beta clearly, clearly shows that gameplay is a downgrade from live. From how classes play to the reward structure and gearing system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    BfA: Major feature of expansion has nothing to do with gameplay - Allied Races.

WoD: Major feature of expansion has nothing to do with gameplay - Updated Models.

HMMMMM.
    This is Blizzard's second swing of doing the minimum to see if they can max their return. It worked with WoD having huge upfront box sales and then dropped like a rock. This is why the Blizz devs say they don't care about subs at that point in time because they quit on WoD mid expansion and with the money in the bank. This time around they are trying the same approach with BFA to see how much the player base will accept the bare minimum.

I'm not concerned because Legion went out broken and busted too. They've been tuning classes and specs all expansion because they refused to listen to players in Legion beta. It's pretty clear that they don't care what the players say, so why be concerned over something you can't change.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really, there's enough content on release to keep me busy for a while. I've heard the raid is pretty good so I'm looking forward to diving into that when its released. Outside of a few bugs and class balancing what else is left for them to test?
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

I think anyone not worried about it has their head stuck in the sand tbh. I mean people complained about Legion max level being boring ffs and it had 10x the features BFA has. Too much of the expansion is pvp focused when its a mode that was abandoned by the majority of players a long time ago. Other than that, the only thing to do at max level is M+ and Raids. That's literally it. Island expeditions are a throwaway feature like scenarios in MoP. Ok to do for the AP but sure as hell ain't keeping anyone around. Azerite is literally netherlight crucible part 2. A mode which is kinda just there but the bonuses are generally boring and people only do it for the % increase to their char.