Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have made so much money selling crafted legendaries this expansion.
    So they are still very much worth it. If people can't figure out how to best level or use a profession, that's on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I only did them in Legion to see their nifty questlines, which I'm told are getting totally pruned in BFA
    Thank god for that. I know some people enjoyed the profession chains, but these were so big that many people simply abandoned them, or like me, did many them at the end of the expansion.

The question is not if they are hard. Its that there were so many things to do, that profession chain progress ended a low priority compared to other things in legion.

Just to clarify, i got almost all professions at 800, being some at 795 and waiting for the next darkmoon faire, all profession chains done, except for fishing and cooking (and first aid, but who cares about this one anyway, especially when is going to be incorporated in tailoring).
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-06-11 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    Let's be honest, nobody cares about professions anymore bar from acquiring a profession-specific item like a mount or a toy or gear to level up quicker before you loot higher ilvl epics. In Wotlk you pretty much HAD to have certain professions like JC/Engi or whatever to get accepted into raids, nowadays there is so much gold gems are bought and I don't think I've heard the word enchanting for at least 4 years. Is this gonna be the same case in BfA? Is there any changes at all?
    I'm not sure how you play the game or who you play with but I've been enchanting for years now and it's one of the only professions that stays profitable all expansion long. Enchants are selling and keep selling as long as I've got some to sell. I've never been in a situation where my enchantements weren't selling. Sure the prices vary and tends to go down as the Xpac goes and materials becomes easier to acquire, but all in all, you'll always find people ready to buy stuff for their new shiny loots or rerolls.

Same goes for gems and potions / flasks / food. The Auction House keeps filling up and being sacked by players.

I'd say this speaks far much than your weird opinion on the subject.

I don't find professions fun or profitable at all anymore. What bothers me the most is the profession quests and how recipes are acquired. So much busywork for alts.

P.S. The money I make from selling enchantments compared to the effort of just selling the materials is not much. I get more from the Blood of Sargeras quests related to the profession than the professions themselves.
    Last edited by AnonEntity; 2018-06-11 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I found the lfr player "Gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food dont help you that much"
    also i dont think you have played proefssions like engineering who have alot of benefits for having em.
    i FoUnD tHe LfR PlaYeR iM sO SiKk
    Yawn. Anything else? Or are you just a MMOC autobot? 90%+ of players in game are LFR players and I raid normal/heroic, and you definitely don't sound like a progression mythic raider. Professions are boring and nowhere near as useful as they were. Some are useless completely like LW/Tailoring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    The more you post, the more you sound like you don't have a clue about the topic that you initially started. You're 3 posts in (as of the post that I'm responding to) and you seem completely clueless. People like yourself make me question where they breed you all at, because I don't understand how you're this dense
    You sound like an autistic child with learning problems for a start if you cannot reply to an OP with a point, go to school because reading retarded posts like these is what makes people have second thoughts about breeding. Yawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    I'm not sure how you play the game or who you play with but I've been enchanting for years now and it's one of the only professions that stays profitable all expansion long. Enchants are selling and keep selling as long as I've got some to sell. I've never been in a situation where my enchantements weren't selling. Sure the prices vary and tends to go down as the Xpac goes and materials becomes easier to acquire, but all in all, you'll always find people ready to buy stuff for their new shiny loots or rerolls.

Same goes for gems and potions / flasks / food. The Auction House keeps filling up and being sacked by players.

I'd say this speaks far much than your weird opinion on the subject.
    It's not weird at all. Professions to you simply mean alchemy/jewelcrafting/enchanting without realising nobody uses any other ones at all anymore when they used to ALL be very popular. ''Potions/flasks/food'' argument is old. Explain the usefulness of tailoring past the BoE epics that will become obsolete as soon as you have them.

Deleted
    Yawn. Anything else? Or are you just a MMOC autobot? 90%+ of players in game are LFR players and I raid normal/heroic, and you definitely don't sound like a progression mythic raider. Professions are boring and nowhere near as useful as they were. Some are useless completely like LW/Tailoring.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like an autistic child with learning problems for a start if you cannot reply to an OP with a point, go to school because reading retarded posts like these is what makes people have second thoughts about breeding. Yawn.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not weird at all. Professions to you simply mean alchemy/jewelcrafting/enchanting without realising nobody uses any other ones at all anymore when they used to ALL be very popular. ''Potions/flasks/food'' argument is old. Explain the usefulness of tailoring past the BoE epics that will become obsolete as soon as you have them.
    While I do agree with your point, I think your attitude is that of a spoiled child, harassing people for no reason.

Do you like gold?

So, yes.

Let's be honest, nobody cares about professions anymore bar from acquiring a profession-specific item like a mount or a toy or gear to level up quicker before you loot higher ilvl epics. In Wotlk you pretty much HAD to have certain professions like JC/Engi or whatever to get accepted into raids, nowadays there is so much gold gems are bought and I don't think I've heard the word enchanting for at least 4 years. Is this gonna be the same case in BfA? Is there any changes at all?
    No idea wtf you're talking about. I never had a profession before MoP and always had spots in raids. Why are people allowed to make stupid thread with wrong statements? Can we get this trash shut down or something?

Deleted
    as an Engineer who started in Cata, i've found my profession become worthless. I used to get it to max level as soon as possible for goggles, also synapse injectors were great and I loved parachuting in battle when a boss knocked me up.

Now I don't even bother to level it because goggles are dungeon level gear and everything else is just worthless toys

You're braindead if you think it's as vital as it used to be up until MoP.
    Blizzard did away from that model for the exact reason your crying about. They don’t want people forced into professions in order to raid.

It’s as simple as that.

Professions are for making gold or saving yourself gold by making your own stuff.

Completely optional content

Engineering is the only profession that gives in-combat advantage anymore. It's esp. good in m+ (esp. with pugs: two free aoe interrupts).

With BfA bringing back a lot of old mechanisms I'm actually surprised they didn't bring back in-combat profession perks.
    Last edited by Senen; 2018-06-11 at 07:02 PM.

I still make plenty off selling glyphs, so yeah, the time/gold ratio is incredibly profitable for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"I raid normal/heroic" yea, you lost your entire debate right there. As much as you're trying to sound edgy and cool, you're coming off pretty silly at this point. You have an opinion, and you have a right to do so. The problem is that your opinion is asinine, and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Atleast you're getting the attention you so desperately crave
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I like how the people in here saying professions are useful and then say that they only make money from Enchanting, Jewelcrafting, and Alchemy. Gee, you mean the only three professions raiders need? Lol. So what about all the other ones? Oh right, they don't offer anything anymore and are completely useless.

Professions have been pointless since WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the professions are useful I'd say. Then there are the ones like Blacksmithing... x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    I like how the people in here saying professions are useful and then say that they only make money from Enchanting, Jewelcrafting, and Alchemy. Gee, you mean the only three professions raiders need? Lol. So what about all the other ones? Oh right, they don't offer anything anymore and are completely useless.

Professions have been pointless since WoD.
    I like how you monkeys keep saying that and ignore all the other posts in the thread that do talk about the other profs making money. Honestly people learn to read before you write, otherwise you just look fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    I like how you monkeys keep saying that and ignore all the other posts in the thread that do talk about the other profs making money. Honestly people learn to read before you write, otherwise you just look fucking stupid.
    Other professions don't make money. You don't get shit from BS, Tailoring, Engineering, LW, etc. Especially not compared to the main three. You only get money from the other ones for gearing alts and mounts, and those aren't exactly in high demand.

There's a difference between usefulness for profit and usefulness for performance. Not having a flask or a 200 haste gem won't change your performance dramatically, especially not amongst the main crowd of players that don't do mythic. Sure there's loads of stuff on the AH, but there always was, however it's absolutely NOT necessary to have any of them at all to progress (bar mythic as mentioned), which wasn't the case back in the day.
    Sure it will make a difference even more so when you look at the group as a whole. The idea people not doing mythic shouldn't take every advantage they can is also nonsense. Players who aren't as good, under perform or have lesser gear need all the help they can get. The it's not a big deal so why try attitude is why many get stuck where they are this goes for things far beyond gaming too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Cooking, Alchemy, and Enchanting are all I ever worry about. I do tailoring and enchanting on my main and right after I level a alt and work up its herbing a alchemy so I am good to go for raids. The cooking I work up on my main as I level.

The enchanting and alch makes decent gold, especially at the start of the xpack. Tailoring I have always found it difficult to sell any of the gear from it on the AH, even at the start of the xpack so now I just DEit for mats to feed that profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Other professions don't make money. You don't get shit from BS, Tailoring, Engineering, LW, etc. Especially not compared to the main three. You only get money from the other ones for gearing alts and mounts, and those aren't exactly in high demand.
    You can keep telling yourself that, but it doesn't make it true. Sitting on a couple of mil purely from BS and LW this expac. If you are unable to figure out how to make money on anything other than those 3, that is your fault, not the professions.