Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    maybe news travels slow to this part of the world but when did trump become a dictator? did i miss something or does dictator mean something else in California?
    It was an on-air gaff by a Fox "News" correspondent.

I really hope Trump does well with NK and doesn't Squander this Opportunity for some Reasonable Diplomacy.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Ffs, I forget that rule1 of discussion on mmoc is to call everything a strawman when you don't have more constructive argument to make. (Rule 2 is calling everyone a racist..)

When I said "people" I wasnt talking about hypothetical people and strawmen, i was talking about the clearly negative comments about it in this very thread, hoping it fails. It's one thing to not expect anything of it, but another to actually say "I hope it fails".

Personally I expect VERY little to come from this meeting - basically little more than a photo-op. But even that could be a start.
    you forgot rule #3 which is spout off "that's not an argument!1!" when someone is simply making a statement or observation.

fine, I didn't see that comment at first, but are you that surprised?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ffs, I forget that rule1 of discussion on mmoc is to call everything a strawman when you don't have more constructive argument to make. (Rule 2 is calling everyone a racist..)

When I said "people" I wasnt talking about hypothetical people and strawmen, i was talking about the clearly negative comments about it in this very thread, hoping it fails. It's one thing to not expect anything of it, but another to actually say "I hope it fails".

Personally I expect VERY little to come from this meeting - basically little more than a photo-op. But even that could be a start.

- - - Updated - - -

So what SHOULD Trumo be doing if not trying to talk and discuss with him?
    Trump's word is worth shit right now. As is Kim's. Therefore, whatever they discuss, it will stink.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I really hope Trump does well with NK and doesn't Squander this Opportunity for some Reasonable Diplomacy.
    And I hope it starts raining booze.

Live Streams

Fox Version

Time Version

Korean Version LOL that music
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-11 at 11:22 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't put "Trump", "North Korea" and "reasonable" in the same sentance.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    fine, I didn't see that comment at first, but are you that surprised?
    Am I suprised that anybody would WANT any peace talks to fail, a 70 year long war and nuclear weapons development to continue, just to spite Trump?
    Yeah I am surprised. That seems a new level of ridiculous.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    You can't put "Trump", "North Korea" and "reasonable" in the same sentance.
    You don't have to keep a straight face on the internet.

for a poor fellow lost in east europe could someone tell me in how many hours/minutes does this start?
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    for a poor fellow lost in east europe could someone tell me in how many hours/minutes does this start?
    In about 90 minutes I think

i don't know but you have to add an hour or so because Trump will arrive late.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    i don't know but you have to add an hour or so because Trump will arrive late.
    Gotta eat his Well Done Steak with Ketchup before arriving!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    In about 90 minutes I think
    ty very much for the info. slim chances but i still keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Christ, I can't believe people are actually hoping it fails just so they can laugh at Trump. Sad fucks.
    I'm not hopefully, but it's all so bizarre (now with Rodman too.. wtf?) That it might actually work.

Can't wait for the Twitter storm afterwards "Not content with ruining America, Trump puts poor North Korean nuclear scientists out of work..."
    It's not a question of hoping, just being realistic. This is reality TV diplomacy, pure theatrics. Trumps wants a win at any cost, and Kim wants the legitimacy of bringing the President of the United States to a table. Nothing will come of this because neither country has any actual interest in truly ending the war, the USA because it is the leverage they use to influence SK/Japan and North Korea because the country exist thanks to the war. Reunification means the regime loses all power. They've looked at East Germany and don't want that to happen to them one bit.

Gotta eat his Well Done Steak with Ketchup before arriving!
    It's a power play. I had an employer that liked to have job applicants wait around for 2-3 hours before seeing them. Trust me when I say that he wasn't doing anything pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    LOL leave Dennis The Worm Rodman he's just trying his Best.

ROFL.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-11 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah time zones duh. So the "meeting" is taking place soon?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm not holding my breath for the meeting of the two dictators to yield anything positive.
    I’ll actually believe the meeting has taken place when I have seen them shake hands or at least in the same room together. Anything is liable to happen.

Cheers

maybe news travels slow to this part of the world but when did trump become a dictator? did i miss something or does dictator mean something else in California?
    he's not a dictator but the liberals wanna believe it since they hate he's doing better than their crappy obama has ever done