Thread: PS4 Help!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

PS4 Help!!!

It's not a video game, but rather a system I know. Regardless I need help.

So I just got a pre-owned PS4 from a local game stop. I booted it up did the whole initial set-up stuff. Popped in my game and got a prompt. It said something about screen size. About having it be in a smaller box, or bigger or larger. I don't remember. I just tried to make it larger and whatever I did seemingly dismissed the prompt but the game is still in a box smaller than my monitor screen. I can't find a way to get the prompt to come back up.

The full screen is used in the playstation menu but in the actual game it's within a smaller box.

The game is Kingdom Hearts the HD remaster.

I tried deleting the game data and rebooting it but it just automatically loaded the small box. No idea how to fix this. Can't find the options for this in any menu what so ever.

Also an unrelated issue it keeps spamming up at the top "Too many USB drives connected" when the only one connected is the single USB for my controller.

I've never owned a playstation 4 before. Any help would be appreciated.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegas should handle your first issue, and for your second, you’ll need to have it do a restore. Follow these steps: https://ccm.net/faq/52967-fix-ps4-s-...onnected-error

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Vegas should handle your first issue, and for your second, you’ll need to have it do a restore. Follow these steps: https://ccm.net/faq/52967-fix-ps4-s-...onnected-error
    Is that a full restart like I'll lose all my save data for games? Or will it just fix the bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Settings>Sounds and Screen>Display Area Settings. Google am hard.
    Thank you. I tried to google it but couldn't figure out a short way to explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't lose your save data - it's just doing a cleanup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So I'm finally trying to fix it and... ya the instructions it gives are literally impossible.

"Start by booting up your PS4 in Safe mode and logging into your account using your controller's Bluetooth connection"

It can't be done. The blue tooth does not work while in safe mode. It requires a wired connection to work.

And as the ports do not work I cannot really access safe mode at all cause it just gets stuck telling me to plug in a controller. I may have to take in into game-stop and have them fix it. Cause it won't charge the controller either. Fortunately it uses a universal and can charge it with my phone charger but still frustrating.
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2018-06-13 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the ports still not work in safe mode? This does require you to connect the controller with the usb (ignore that link for using Bluetooth, it's always screwy in safe mode)

Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode
    Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
    Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you first press, and another 7 seconds later.
    Connect the DualShock 4 controller with a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
    You should now see the screen below.

If not, sadly I do believe you need to send it in for service. Best of luck!