Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Negativity is justified at this point. We will run out of content very fast. There is no equivalent of Suramar in BfA... No true max level content except straight to world quests and dungeons...

but creating a max-level zone would have required effort and time... lol

- - - Updated - - -

BfA has had the least amount of effort and time put into its development. All other expansions were looking much better 2 months before release, even WoD.
    Warfronts? Islands? War campaign? Establishing footholds on the other continent and doing quests there is pretty much Suramar, except you get a unique experience per faction.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2018-06-12 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Level scaling.
    We... We had level scaling in Legion?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Not everyone is negative. Players that liked Cataclysm and WoD are very happy about BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Not everyone is negative. Players that liked Cataclysm and WoD are very happy about BfA.
    I loved cataclysm and the whole theme and I hated WoD and the timetravel theme. I didn't play bfa beta much but I just can't stand the horde vs alliance theme. It is not the end of wow for me, I will just level through it and play much less than in legion and look forward to the expansion after bfa OR the end/mid of bfa if horde vs alliance becomes as meaningless as it should become (in my opinion)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

After briefly playing the beta, I was put off by how slow and lacklustre my class felt (mm). Also, I think I'm getting tired of the WoW formula. Still, I'll probably force myself to play it for a week or two after it hits the shelves, and go from there. Not particularly hyped, though (haven't pre-ordered it either).
    Last edited by metzger84; 2018-06-12 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    Class design for some specs is dismaying.

DK for example is basically DK from Legion without half the exciting stuff, and half of what's left is made into talents, which don't even have the full functionality of the original effect. Plus an offensive magic dispel. Absolutely nothing new or creative, simply slightly worse stuff recycled from previous installments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like Cata. I remember leveling my toons through the new content, but that's it. At the end I was stuck in Firelands with many alts, doing reputation-dailies for profession-recepies. Since my raidgroup disbanded at the end of WotLK I did not see much of the raids and dungeons.
    WoD was okay in terms of leveling alts and make gold with garrison-missions and leveling professions. Raiding was okay, but I was bored of Iron Orcs and Ogers.

BfA: I have access to 'beta' since 'alpha' and I can say, that it evolved pretty good since the first look I had. That is mostly for the environment. I did not quest that much, because on side of the Alliance it had a lot of bugs and was almost unplayable. Horde was a lot better, but I did not quest to much either because I don't want to spoil the levelexperience when it goes live.

Did some Island expeditions, but for me it was horrible because I had a broken hand and playing was actually not good at the time. I'm interessted to see how they work out. I liked warfronts, even though I did not understand all the goals that were to do. Probably needs some time to coordinate things there.
    Then I went raid-testing when I could get into it because of time difference. That was totally unbalanced, but I think it will be worked on it, since there was a lot of feedback in the forums.

Since there are not much informations on the story considering any bosses (besides Queen Azshara) I'm just exited to leave the Legion behind me and look forward to the new areas and what to do there. How it goes from there, time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Warfronts? Islands? War campaign? Establishing footholds on the other continent and doing quests there is pretty much Suramar, except you get a unique experience per faction.
    War Campaign is like 30% of Suramar and is nothing but gathering flight paths... Have you completed it on beta? You should know.
    Warfronts and Island Expeditions are a once-in-a-week thing, the rewards after that just discourage replay.
    And world quests are so bland because there is no chance for a legendary. Rewards are just AP or gold.

The AP nerfs in the last build seem to reflect that devs have understood that max-level content is lacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with stepping into a new expansion is the motiviation imho.
    When wotlk started the try to motivate players could be described as "Come heroes, fight the lich king and his undead army"
    When cata started the try to motivate players could be described as "Come heroes, fight this massive, big, corrupted drake full of lava"
    When legion started the try to motivate players could be described as "Come heroes, fight the biggest the army of one of the titans. Fight f*cking sargeras army the burning legion"
    And now? Come heroes... fight... yeah.. well it's the horde again! Yeah don't go into the battleground join us in two years of sylvanas vs anduin and horde vs alliance...ZzZzzZZzZzZzZzz
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

This thread is the definition of jumping on the bandwagon.

One of my biggest issues was class design, but they seem to be FINALLY getting around to that. I don't know why it's been so fucking late in the beta cycle, but at least it's happening.

The other huge issue is the content. It's looking like Legion 2.0 with 2 really lackluster new additions: Island Expeditions (AKA: Scenarios 2.0) and Warfronts which seems like Wintergrasp 4.0 but way shittier.

Also the NLC is still here.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    It's been this way with every beta. The problem is people don't seem to understand what a beta actually is and expect to login to a polished game.

I've been on betas for MoP, WoD, Legion and BfA.

MOP in beta was well received - I tried to convince my friends who were burnt by cata to resubscribe but the answer was 'ew pandas' - they ended up very disappointed when they joined MoP much later and realized how good it was - only to be put off by how long SOO (the last raid) dragged out for.

WOD in beta was initially received ok - the zones and levelling were good, the theme was well liked - except they were running late with Tanaan Jungle which was initially meant to be the final levelling zone. As the end game got revealed increasing concerns began to be expressed. Garrisons were initially well received (believe it or not) but as players used them more on beta they expressed more and more concern... which was always answered by saying we will release more group stuff to do in garrisons (and when they did it was boring). I told my friends that it wasn't likely to be really good but they resubbed anyway because 'orcs!'.

Legion looked good in beta and had a lot of new features. Class design was the major concern - the raids were mostly good - and lots of stuff to do. My friends mostly came on board on my recommendation. The story was really good.

BfA - has had the most negative response of any of the four betas. After the demise of legion there's big questions about 'where next?'. Most of the negative narrative about class design is not justified. Claims about a plethora of 2-button specs are simply a load of made-up rubbish not based on any facts made by people who have been sold a narrative that is simply wrong. Yes, the pace is slower - and takes adjustment. The GCD change is not as impactful as I thought it would be - though there are some problems for some specs. Yes its not easy at level 120 - but thats not because the specs are broken - its because the balance is different and we are undergeared. This takes some getting used to - but being overpowered all the time (which is what some people seem to want) would get really boring and without challenge. The lack of a cohesive story is a problem - after legion that was predictable - the void is the emerging story but that will develop over expansions. BfA has a lot of the legion features as well as island expeditions (not a lot to those) and warfronts. Warfronts look very good but am not sure how 'repeatable' they will prove to be. With two months to go BfA still seems to have a lot of issues. If my friends asked my answer would be 'not sure' - it wont be as bad as the over negative response and could end up being quite good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I have never seen a Beta this negative. Or should, I say this "overwelhmed with negativity". It's also scary to see so much negativity in-game, Beta. A friend had Beta (he mains Havoc). He uninstalled Beta, and hasn't logged into WoW in almost 3 weeks. I think people without Beta are in for a huge shock. Every class I've played feels so much worse. It's slower, less reactive and overall less fun. Also, the fact that there is no point to leveling will slowly eat away at you. It will leave you with a lasting feeling of being ripped off as you are leveling for no reason other than the gating of all content.

I have a feeling that this expansion will be possibly worse than WoD unless things change.
    I'm starting to get the general vibe from everything Beta related.

As per usual, they don't listen to feedback, they'll be overconfident In their design and be like "Pff they don't know what they're talking about, we'll implement that anyway" and are then surprised at the bad reception of Legendary system nicked from Diablo 3 as well as randomized dungeon encounters (Aka demon portals on Argus) and the new 2.0 version of that, the Isle Expeditions doesn't make me that excited either, neither are the Dungeons "Specificly designed with Mythic + In mind" oh okay, so we'll be playing dungeons DESIGNED to be ran through on a timer, mindlessly spamming AoE Taunt/damage/healing with no brain function required, Instead of you know... finding secrets, finding side-bosses, taking your time to go through the dungeon exploring the lore of It, finding pictures, looking up at the ceiling sometimes and realize there -is- a ceiling because you're not just tunnel visioned Into running forward all the time.

Cynical? Yes, but how else does someone who plays for 13 bloody years tell Blizzard that they're doing EVERYTHING WRONG basically?

BFA removes tier sets, concentrates on Mythic + In their dungeons, tries to push more of their isle expedition Idea (Aka Diablo 3 esk random dunegons), why? More Loot guys! More lootz.. epic loots. Even though they'll become pointless with World Quests still around (And still worse than Daily Hubs) that will give you an epic helmet with a proc chance to have more ilevel at random after you do silly and obsurdly easy things like... click on an npc, get a living bomb effect and press W to win while things die around you, or kick squirel nuts until you get phat lewt, jump on a casket of wine cause only the wielder of the Ashbringer could possibly make wine for the people and then be rewarded with epic boots of wine stomping, ride around In a literally INVINCIBLE warframe shooting demons out of the skies while taking no damage - what a challenge!

That's not even mentioning the worst of It, their sad attempt at still trying to use TABLE MISSIONS, go away with that for fudge sake. Either make Garrisons 2.0 without able missions, with more customization and just do It right this time or don't bother. Going away with Artifact Power only to return with Azerite Gear and reforging is back!..but It only works on Azerite gear, what? Artifacts and Artifact Power Is a mindless boring grind, giving you an illusion of constant meaningful progression and Azerite Is just that still in BfA.

So yeah, I'm honestly surprised BfA Is so overwhelmingly negative, because usually the fanboys are so blind to the truth they are just like "Yes Blizz masters, thank you for giving us literaly anything, we love you" but then.. might've not been them, and people like me, old school players of WoW returned to WoW and gone into the Beta only to realize how much It sucks and now other people are listening, which Is good.

As one post weeks ago perfectly said In It's title "Cynical players are the most valuable players WoW has" indirect quote.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    We... We had level scaling in Legion?
    Yes, and it precisely made leveling pointless.

Too much pruning ruins it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather enjoying the storylines and the classes over all. I think the Azorite armore system still needs a little help though...oh and warmode is a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yes, and it precisely made leveling pointless.
    Whether I agree with that or not aside... How is that a problem with BFA then? The OP was upset about BFA's Beta. There's been like 2.5 years to moan about level scaling tech.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I have never seen a Beta this negative. Or should, I say this "overwelhmed with negativity". It's also scary to see so much negativity in-game, Beta. A friend had Beta (he mains Havoc). He uninstalled Beta, and hasn't logged into WoW in almost 3 weeks. I think people without Beta are in for a huge shock. Every class I've played feels so much worse. It's slower, less reactive and overall less fun. Also, the fact that there is no point to leveling will slowly eat away at you. It will leave you with a lasting feeling of being ripped off as you are leveling for no reason other than the gating of all content.

I have a feeling that this expansion will be possibly worse than WoD unless things change.
    You're either a liar or your whiner friend is. I've been on the beta since over a month before it was beta, and it's been pretty classically positive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Too much pruning ruins it.
    But except for the loss of the artifact skill (which was to be expected) there barely is any prunning (at least for the specs I tried so far)? Seriously, most of the Artifact traits are as much passive as the stuff on the Azerite gear, with few exceptions... some class got some support stuff (re)added (like the one hour buffs that for instance Warrior and Priest got) or a baseline stun they didn't have baseline (like Monks and Warlocks), I wouldn't say BFA hat "prunning", WOD and Legion were the expansions with huge prunning, they just didn't return to the amount of skills we got in MOP.