Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Maybe it's because you have that typical "I am very smart" attitude and have zero like-ability?
    When you know you are smart its not a boasting type of thing, it just happens as a sort of sad realization and the loneliness follows soon after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    /baited

The reason nobody likes you is because you're so dumb you can't even tell how dumb you are, and so they just give up.

Start by getting off your high horse, and then we can take it from there.
    Again thats the question of the thread, do i give up on my quest and join the real world or keep going?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    When you know you are smart its not a boasting type of thing, it just happens as a sort of sad realization and the loneliness follows soon after.
    Cry me a river.
    F$#$^#G Millennial entitlement

If you cannot solve your own problems. You aren't very smart.

Deleted
    You dont know me so i fully understand that comment
    if you said "but" instead of "so", I would not have posted. but since you did, I second the advice the guy gave you: Don't get "dumber", just less pretentious. you sound full of yourself from the start. that may be the reason why you don't find smart people to talk to. they are smart enough to avoid pretentious asses

also trying to find solutions for that on a wow forum is not the smartest idea, just sayin….

Never met anyone so intelligent they cannot relate to anyone else on any level, but every day I see guys on forums blaming their superior intelligence for their lack of social/romantic life.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Still, you will reflect this outwards in a way that other people will pick up.

Only thing you can do is either change yourself (become more social) or find people just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Cry me a river.
    F$#$^#G Millennial entitlement

If you cannot solve your own problems. You aren't very smart.
    Well thats the first post i noticed that questions what smart actually means. Is it smarter to be able to keep healthy relationships or uncover the mysteries of the universe? I dont think you can do both simultaneously.

Deleted
    Being smart is not really much fun i've found, i just cannot relate to anyone. I am kind of at a crossroads where i need to decide whether i dumb down or keep pushing, what do you guys think?
    You are dumb enough. Considering this question, that is.

Deleted
    Is it smarter to be able to keep healthy relationships or uncover the mysteries of the universe? I dont think you can do both simultaneously.
    Of course you can. Case in point: Hawking. And I am sure most other researchers in those fields have friendship and relationships as well.

Intelligence is not keeping you from finding friends.

Well thats the first post i noticed that questions what smart actually means. Is it smarter to be able to keep healthy relationships or uncover the mysteries of the universe? I dont think you can do both simultaneously.
    Why not both?
    Are you that 1-sided that you cannot see that this trivial problem can be resolved?

I know your types.
    At first, I thought I could relate to you as I had this conundrum earlier on in my life.

You are just another type that wants to be given everything without putting in a single day of effort, instead of dedicating a life time to a friend.

If anyone would like to test my intelligence feel free, ill do my best to show what you are dealing with
    ^ This right here is the reason you can't make friends, flaunting whatever you may or may not have , the way you said it is borderline narcissism.

Regardless of your intelligence, the way you chose your words will immediately put off anyone attempting to relate to you.

Friendship isn't just about finding people with similar intelligence, you need to connect on a basic level.

Whether it be hobbies, shared beliefs or thought process; you're either trying to make friends with people whom you share none of the previous or you're simply saying things that make people avoid establishing connections with you.

Do note that I am mainly talking about making true friends, not acquaintances.

If your goal is to have a lot of vague friends ( borderline acquaintances ) whom you will never be close with, you can pretty much do that with any person so long as you are :

a) extroverted but not annoying ( chill is a better word in that context).
    b) make conversation using generally non-boring topics.

Deleted
    Tbh. I am think you are the opponsite of being smart.
    Any smart person knows how to socialize, but you obviously dont. Either you're dumb AF, or just a jerk and none likes you. Prolly a bit of both.
    GL.

Being smart is not really much fun i've found, i just cannot relate to anyone. I am kind of at a crossroads where i need to decide whether i dumb down or keep pushing, what do you guys think?
    maybe you aren't that smart if you haven't developed the social skills to make the friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Einstein-says

I don't think you're on the path to either.
    Hit and sunk.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Deleted
    Oh. Well, I guess his intelligence really isn't the issue.

Deleted
    It's like I can smell the neckbeard through my screen.

That's kind of the heart of the discussion here. In your eyes i would be a jerk for disagreeing with a mainstream belief, but for me it would be betraying my own logic.
    I am curious as to what your belief is that allegedly goes against the mainstream. I am not exactly inclined to believe that someones views or beliefs would exclude them from forming a healthy or meaningful relationship with others when given the fact that you are on the internet. You have numerous websites and boards that could be uncovered with like minded individuals who would share your views at a basic enough level that you could find some common ground to form a relationship on.

What are these beliefs? I will withhold my other observations until I know what belief it is you think is excluding you from a friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted

Oh no wait he's actually just retarded.

Move along folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're just a pretentious asshole who thinks he's smart, but really isn't.

Would explain why no one wants to be your friend.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
    i just like it because rick burps and cusses a lot. you sure we're watching the same show?