Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    And I'm talking about WEIGHT here, the effect in game, as alliance player you go around rampage defile and mutilate horde cities in big events multiple times,
    Multiple times? No, twice. Defile and mutilate? Never. The cities are left untouched. You're way exaggerating and overblowing things, here, in an attempt to make a case.

while horde only get to do so in a very crappy heavily criticized Theramore 'scenario', which was sh8t for both sides, and the 'horde biased' blizz is making a 2.0 version of Battle for Undercity, while i still fail to see alliance - who changed leadership in vanilla wow twice - have a loot piniata for head figure
    You can count Arthas as a "loot piñata head figure", only his descent to this point took a bit longer than Garrosh's. Also, the loss of Southshore was also heavily criticized.

Another note from ur post: Undercity suffered no 'major' damage, what game u talk about exactly ? For start one of 2 faction leaders didn't exist after that quest and he was in wow for ages making killing Sylvanas far easier suddenly for the mount (didn't happen anything equal at stormwind),
    Bolvar and Lady Prestor were removed from Stormwind's throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The obvious story arc is that Sylvanas is always afraid of death, so to complete her arc she must embrace death and sacrifice her life for the greater good. I HOPE that's not what they do because its so obvious that they might as well have a neon blinking sign following her around that says it. Almost every cutscene she is in is screaming it. Needs a swerve badly.

NO NO NO self sacrifice to complete a boring, obvious character arc.
    Most likely to save Alleria from the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I've played Warcraft 3 and what Poppets says is true, though. Aside from that he.. SORT OF.. became King of Lordaeron after murdering his father, it's not like it even mattered as he was still the Lich King's servant at that point. The only one he was a King over in WoW, was for the Death Knights before they broke free.

But that being said, I'm expecting Sylvanas to become a loot pinata, too - just like him. If people say she deserves any better treatment than that, well... I will simply have to disagree. x_x
    How about Windrunner Council boss fight. Deal?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Full on redeemed, prob nothing can be done to change her in the eyes of the in game people.

Redemption in the eyes of the players, MAYBE -- MAYBE, if we find out something like the LK has taken hold over her again and is using her to weaken the armies so that he can come in and sweep up what remains. In this version though, she would still die or at very least give up leadership of the Horde.

I like the character and am fine with her being the evil, just the way she is dragging the horde heroes into seems weird. Lore wise, if a horde character was the Archdruid, they would be so pissed at her after the start of BFA, so would many of the others. There is faction pride and then there is blindly following a fanatic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    How about Windrunner Council boss fight. Deal?
    If that is what it takes: Deal.

She doesn't need redemption, she's perfect the way she is. If anything I hope she starts getting more serious about dicking over the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    She doesn't need redemption, she's perfect the way she is. If anything I hope she starts getting more serious about dicking over the alliance.
    She needs to stop killing her own folks though...kill more Alliance, and kill less Horde

I think if Syl and Nathanos would stop sending each other mixed signals and just bang then maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we're in.

Make Lovecraft not Warcraft XD

Deleted
    She can't and won't, because she does not seek redemption. She's a lawfully evil character and she's not doing things for edgy reasons, but survival.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    She needs to stop killing her own folks though...kill more Alliance, and kill less Horde
    She killed what, half the Alliance’s army atleast in Lordaeron, I’d say she’s doing fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Some horde need killin'. Trolls, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    She killed what, half the Alliance’s army atleast in Lordaeron, I’d say she’s doing fine.
    Yeah, she sure showed them by wasting the Horde armies in Northern Kalimdor and the Undercity, while also causing internal crackles to reappear for the first time since Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah, she sure showed them by wasting the Horde armies in Northern Kalimdor and the Undercity, while also causing internal crackles to reappear for the first time since Garrosh.
    Any person knows people die in war. It’s not Sylvanas’s fault Saurfang got beaten with the idiot bat and forgot this.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Recognize the nature of what she's doing for what it truly is, and sacrifice herself knowing full well that it will doom her soul to the punishment that awaited her in "Edge of Night" for either the true good of her people or the good of Azeroth as a whole. I think that would pretty much do it.
    Given that her character arc and primary motivation right now are avoiding this very fate, that sounds like pulling a Kerrigan to me.

I love how people are like omg she killed and raised Hordies. She did the same without the raising the undead during the Silvermoon events. (That's why I want there to be a Caverns of Time: Fall of QuelThalas raid, so people can see that in life she was a much of a pragmatic as she is in undead).
    Now about redemption... we still don't know about what the hell goes on with the death entities and how that's gonna affect the fight against the void (and the light, even?)... Remember that Sylvanas has connections to the Lich King, Helya and she is in a position that the Loa want her to be in. She's basically death-Illidan, and the Alliance seems to be the rapey chandelier windchime.
    She don't need no redemption. She needs a clearer objective and path, and my guess is that we're gonna have that shown during the course of this expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Apparently she wanted to kill Malfurion because she thought it'd scare the night elves into complacency with Horde occupation of Darnassus. Apparently she's never heard of Maiev or realised that people could be totally fine with that do nothing druid being offed. That being said, that's 'redemption' enough in my eyes. Malfurion was the first one to drop to his knees for human potential and went out of his way to make sure the night elves are dependent little subjects of the human swine and their junk alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    She's basically death-Illidan, and the Alliance seems to be the rapey chandelier windchime.
    Except Illidan wasn't a bitter old crone who wanted everyone to 'suffer as he has' and only the Light-suckers are the insufferable asshats you portray the whole Alliance as. HUMAN POTENTIAL hasn't squashed the magic out of the gnomes, shamanism out of the dwarves and draenei yet. It's only brought the night elves down to high elf status and the worgen as literal lapdog.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Any person knows people die in war. It’s not Sylvanas’s fault Saurfang got beaten with the idiot bat and forgot this.
    Any person also knows that the first one to be blamed for a war and the casualties it brings is the one that starts it without being provoked into it.

This is literally the most pointless war to grace the surface of Azeroth, caused by extreme paranoia, coupled with lies and self-projection of a single character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Any person also knows that the first one to be blamed for a war and the casualties it brings is the one that starts it without being provoked into it.

This is literally the most pointless war to grace the surface of Azeroth, caused by extreme paranoia, coupled with lies and self-projection of a single character.
    The war is the Horde’s best chance to insure the Alliance can never stand to threaten them ever again. Obviously it won’t happen because it’s a game but no one in universe knows that.

The war is not pointless just because you don’t like it, nor do the reasons not make sense because you don’t agree with them.

Her plan is sound and benefits the Horde a lot more in the long run than trying for peace and trusting the Alliance to never ever fight them.

Crying about honor doesn’t make the war easier nor does it require Sylvanas to be redeemed in the eyes of the Horde, and she sure as hell doesn’t require the Alliances approval on anything.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-06-13 at 03:45 AM.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Given that her character arc and primary motivation right now are avoiding this very fate, that sounds like pulling a Kerrigan to me.
    Kerrigan was sent through a harrowing apotheosis of a sorts, the final outcome for Sylvanas might be something less impactful but nonetheless final. The themes of surrender and sacrifice are both in evidence, but the circumstances and ultimate outcome are probably going to be quite different.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The war is the Horde’s best chance to insure the Alliance can never stand to threaten them ever again. Obviously it won’t happen because it’s a game but no one in universe knows that.

The war is not pointless just because you don’t like it, nor do the reasons not make sense because you don’t agree with them.

Her plan is sound and benefits the Horde a lot more in the long run than trying for peace and trusting the Alliance to never ever fight them.

Crying about honor doesn’t make the war easier nor does it require Sylvanas to be redeemed in the eyes of the Horde, and she sure as hell doesn’t require the Alliances approval on anything.
    Yeah, being stuck fighting a guerrilla war in northern Kalimdor and losing their best foothold in Lordaeron is sure benefiting the Horde right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    The war is the Horde’s best chance to insure the Alliance can never stand to threaten them ever again.
    The irony in all of this is that the only one ever making threats against the other faction is the Horde. Muh Survival is right up there with HUMAN POTENTIAL and Morally in terms of sewer memes spawned from the dumpster of WoW lore. You don't get to keep threatening your neighbour, kicking his dog, burning his trees, spraying poison all over his lawn and shooting at his house, then claim you have to do these things cause the home owner is going to run your ass over with his truck when he gets a chance; if you weren't doing these things he'd have no intention of running you over with his truck. Fortunately for the Horde, the Alliance is so spineless, sticking with the home owner metaphor, he just wants to apologise and give you a hug as you do these things to him.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard