Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He's not Swedish ethnically, obviously. I don't know why that is debated as he is from Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    What brown people? You mean arabs who are white? Arabs can't be Swedish because Swedes are an ethnicity and they can't be Swedish nationality because they do not fit the prerequisites for it. They can be Swedish citizens.
    The Swedish state determines those prerequisites, not you, and not the Stormfront webforum you get your ideas from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    His claim is that you can't call him Swedish in any sense. We have all submitted that in a cultural and ethnical sense, he may not be Swedish as such. However, it's wrong to claim that he's not Swedish at all, as legally that is the case provided he's a Swedish citizen.
    If immigrants is a problem for Sweden, they can always reform the law to make it harder to get Sweden nationality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Fuck off. The burden of proof is on you. You are claiming this Swedish national doesn't have Swedish citizenship. So you quote us the specific Swedish law dealing with such situations.
    There isn't any. That's why captain thesaurus here keeps running to his bookshelf to grab his dictionary....right next to his thoroughly read copy of "why iam better than everyone who isn't me"

He keeps saying: "swedish prequesites for nationality", someone wanna ask him to provide a list of these?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    What brown people? You mean arabs who are white? Arabs can't be Swedish because Swedes are an ethnicity and they can't be Swedish nationality because they do not fit the prerequisites for it. They can be Swedish citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Polish people can't be Swedish either, because Swedes are an ethnicity. They're also not Swedish nationality, because they do not fit the prerequisites. Besides, arabs are white. Not "brown people".
    And Swedish citizens are adressed as Swedish "nationality/nationalitet" in their passports. So ethnical factors have no bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    So, just so we can get your stance on this nailed down, if a man moved to Sweden from the middle east 700 years ago you wouldn't consider his modern day descendants to be Swedish either?
    That depends on if they kept to their own group or if they intermarried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    He's not Swedish ethnically, obviously. I don't know why that is debated as he is from Syria.

His ethnicity is not the subject being debated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    He keeps saying: "swedish prequesites for nationality", someone wanna ask him to provide a list of these?
    You just don't get it, it's about belonging to a nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I have already linked what a nation is, several times. It's not my fault if you can't read.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have already linked what a nation is, several times. It's not my fault if you can't read.
    Yea and it means nothing in this topic. As I've said before. But for some reason this is a major anchor to this topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You just don't get it, it's about belonging to a nation
    I do, I'm just pointing out our OPs grand vision here in context to his earlier posts in this thread and outside it
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Yea and it means nothing in this topic. As I've said before. But for some reason this is a major anchor to this topic.
    It does when people claim him to be of Swedish nationality. He isn't.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    1: He's from Sweden born and raised, it was his parents that immigrated to Sweden from Syria and became Swedish citizens.
    2: The debate isn't over ethnicity, Twelve's argument is that he isn't Swedish at all because he's not of Swedish ethnicity.

1: He's from Sweden born and raised, it was his parents that immigrated to Sweden from Syria and became Swedish citizens.
    From Palestine to Syria to Sweden, but okay. He's palestinian.

2: The debate isn't over ethnicity, Twelve's argument is that he isn't Swedish at all because he's not of Swedish ethnicity.
    He's not of Swedish nationality, he's not of Swedish ethnicity, he's a Swedish citizen.

That depends on if they kept to their own group or if they intermarried.
    Intermarriage works both ways. Glad you are finally acknowledging you are a lesser Swede, Immigrant Twelve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    His ethnicity is not the subject being debated here.
    He lives in Sweden, but he's Syria and by his terrorist activities tied to Syria still identifies as a Syria. Just like getting a Japanese passport doesn't make you a "Japanese man".

10+ Year Old Account
    This is clearly indicative of Swedish people being prone to violence and failing to integrate culturally with Western European standards; I think it is in everyone's national interest to deport all Swedes and refuse any immigration from Sweden going forward.

We especially need to invest energy into building a wall around Sweden. Which they will pay for, of course. They aren't sending us their best; they're sending us terrorists and criminals.

Anyone who disagrees with me is guilty of furthering an agenda of cultural genocide. Swedes cannot be integrated into our societies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He lives in Sweden, but he's Syria and by his terrorist activities tied to Syria still identifies as a Syria. Just like getting a Japanese passport doesn't make you a "Japanese man".
    Legally it does make him a "Japanese man", culturally is up for debate.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    From Palestine to Syria to Sweden, but okay. He's palestinian.
    So, if in your opinion a person born in Sweden to parents who are Swedish citizens isn't really Swedish because the parents were originally from Syria and are of Palestinian ethnicity, does that make you not really Swedish too then as your ancestors originated from Africa millennia ago? :P

You've linked ONE possible definition for the concept of 'nation', which is, both historically and sociologically/politologically speaking, one of the trickiest, most argued-over social constructs in existence.

Heck, the very wikipedia article YOU YOURSELF LINKED even goes into the debate between "civic nation" and "ethnic nation" (a debate which has already lost traction in contemporary social/political sciences), and emphasizes the importance of 'the state' (a legal entity) in national identity formation.

But I guess you didn't read past the one part you thought backed your point?

Anyway, the original comment didn't even go into specifics about whether we're talking Swedish national or citizen or both (usually both, in EU countries). It just said "Swedish". If you object to calling a person born in Sweding and holding a Swedish passport, Swedish nationality, and Swedish citizenship "Swedish" because you base that on subjective ethnic/racial criteria and not objective legal definitions, you are 100% free to do so. Just make sure that people understand what you're about, and that you're looking at race, not nationality.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if you're born in Japan to parents with Japanese citizenship living in Japan and then you live you life in Japan?

Why would that be different?