Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Intuition is not evidence.
    Ancient civilizations used mathmetics, not some kind of derpy feeling in their stomachs.
    So tell us more about what you believe in without any kind of evidence whatsoever.
    Dont get confused im not writing off science or mathematics here, i just feel to get to truths that is something that needs to be taken into consideration. Of course ancient civilizations used math to build those incredible structures but more importantly is the knowledge that has been lost to time. They knew things about this universe that we dont i am 100% sure of that, in essence they were more advanced than we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    Yeah.. it's getting a bit weird people keep biting.
    To be fair, it's quite likely a good chunk of us are perpetuating this largely due to boredom at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Dont get confused im not writing off science or mathematics here, i just feel to get to truths that is something that needs to be taken into consideration. Of course ancient civilizations used math to build those incredible structures but more importantly is the knowledge that has been lost to time. They knew things about this universe that we dont i am 100% sure of that, in essence they were more advanced than we are today.
    And why do you think this? other than your gut feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Versai View Post
    See, this isn't you being right...this is you demonstrating a baseless narcissistic superiority complex under the delusion of intellectual superiority while simultaneously dismissing the need for some measurable metric for your theories outside of your own head-canon (so to speak).
    No, thats me explaining to someone you cant answer the mysteries of the universe with a math equation.

Do you get now why its so hard for me to get along with people?

No, thats me explaining to someone you cant answer the mysteries of the universe with a math equation.
    but you aren't answering anything at all either..so what is your point exactly?
    Mathmetics gave us everything we have today.

Because you believe in a spaghetti monster doesn't change reality at all.

And why do you think this? other than your gut feeling?
    If we could get there with math and science alone, it would have happened already. There is more to it clearly.

If we could get there with math and science alone, it would have happened already. There is more to it clearly.
    So it is philosophical/spiritual?

Basically you want people to agree with your "spaghetti monster" and act snarky at anyone that doesn't agree?
    Even tho you have zero evidence to work on, you just "believe".
    This sounds religious to me. Like people blowing themselves up for their "god" or because they "think" it is the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-06-12 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So OP believes in some kind of creator. it's a possibility.
    Is that all? believing in that doesn't change our reality one bit, even if it was true.
    He is all about feels. His 'theory' (let's use the term loosely here) revolves around the earth is stationary and the center of the universe. However, that is his feels, and he offers no proof of either actually being the case while in the same breath he ignores scientific evidence on the contrary by stating "my 'theory' and the universe itself, cannot be explained by science but needs to be explained by feels. In other words faith and religion.

Deleted
    You don't need to make yourself dumber to have friends.

You need to stop acting like you are intellectually superior, that would help.

The fact that you seem to dismiss current science in favor of some vague idea is proof enough that you are not as smart as you think.

So it is philosophical/spiritual?

Basically you want people to agree with your "spaghetti monster" and act snarky at anyone that doesn't agree?
    Even tho you have zero evidence to work on, you just "believe".
    This sounds religious to me. Like people blowing themselves up for their "god".
    You added that, i am merely saying that if we could actually explain the universe with math and science it would have happened a long time ago. I feel there is a different way to look at this problem, but the world isnt ready to hear it yet.

Yea you dont get it doe, im convinced you cannot answer the secrets of the universe with a mathematical equation. Its one of those things where intuition has to come into play, the cool thing is a lot of the evidence has already been unlocked (which ive mentioned in this thread already).

The problem is most people dont actually understand what relativity states. Its a theory and it does its just well as a theory, but how well does it describe reality....thats where i come in.
    But you have zero evidence to back up your claim.

Your entire argument boils down to:

"I know things that you simply are not capable of comprehending."

Can't believe this thread is still alive and kicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being smart is not really much fun i've found, i just cannot relate to anyone. I am kind of at a crossroads where i need to decide whether i dumb down or keep pushing, what do you guys think?
    I think you might be mistaking your being "smart" as the reason you don't have friends.

The reality is that you are likely Sarcastic rather than Smart. And I am not saying you aren't intelligent, but rather you are unapproachable. Sarcasm is the wit of the intelligent. At the same time, it is very hard to "Get" Sarcasm when it is applied to you unless you have mastered the craft - which you can't do if you aren't willing to put yourself out there and give it a shot.

A Truly "Smart" person is successful because of a few things that they pick up on and master - at any point in their life, so if you go to school now and can't make friends? Don't worry about it. It will eventually happen and is a matter of breaking out of your shell, learning How People Think, What Makes them Think that Way, and how You can exploit this knowledge to not only make friends, but even enjoy their company at the same time.

This is a topic that really deserves more attention than a post on MMOC is capable of providing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

You added that, i am merely saying that if we could actually explain the universe with math and science it would have happened a long time ago. I feel there is a different way to look at this problem, but the world isnt ready to hear it yet.
    We are still figuring out stuff, we have only just started roaming the earth.
    Look at how much things are different from before?

A species does not go into existance and is at it's apex from the start, it takes time (just like evolution).
    Just like us, mathmetics change over time to fit a tighter role.

You can believe all you want in what you believe in, but it doesn't give any of us anything at all.
    The world changes due to science (for better and for worse), not believing in fairy tales.

Some people believe the earth is flat and they can make friends just fine.

So no matter how insane and demonstrably false your beliefs are, you could find people who agreed with you.

If you weren't viciously hostile towards, from what I can see, literally everyone else.

"You" being this character you have created, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But you have zero evidence to back up your claim.

Your entire argument boils down to:

"I know things that you simply are not capable of comprehending."
    This is sadly, basically true. Its not that im way smarter than the next guy, im just willing to go to places he isnt. To me being right is more important than following the directions.

Considering that the particle composition of everything in existence that we've been able to observe follows some kind of mathematical fractal pattern, I'm curious why you think that is.

(And incidentally I saw why it's hard for you to get along with people on the first few pages; dismissing everything else aside from what goes on in your head tends to create distance with others since it tends to imply that you think their thoughts opinions have no value)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to relate to people isn't about being smarter in fact it's the opposite. Sometimes people just don't get along but if you think the immediate problem or eventually the problem really is everybody else, then sounds like you need to spend more time reflecting on that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This is sadly, basically true. Its not that im way smarter than the next guy, im just willing to go to places he isnt. To me being right is more important than following the directions.
    So, you should simply be ignored as a random crazy person with no evidence.

That doesn't make you intelligent, that makes you the same as my 11-year-old son who believes Thor is real.

"I believe what we are currently doing is not good" doesn't go to any place at all unless you give a alternative route.
    What does "a gut feeling" even mean, what action should we take upon that?