Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do a good deed for strangers every day.

I leave them alone and don't talk to them - that's like winning the lotto for all of them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by reecejackox View Post
    can be anything

the one good deed i have done for a stranger was in a supermarket car park , helping her put her christmas tree in the trunk of her car.
    I passed a broken down car and saw a couple walking in the heavy rain on Thanksgiving. Me and my exwife was driving back from dinner, stopped and picked them up to take them to a gas station to call for help. This was back in the days before everyone had cell phones and I lived out in the country were people are still decent. I wouldn't do that today though, I assume everyone has cell phones and I am less trusting.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I speak 2 languages fluently. I tried mandarin but I wasn't really into it.

My family has what it wants.

Taking a trip?

Im curious, do you base life of how many languages and trips you are able to take? Thats odd. Are you an only child? Home schooled? Are you on the spectrum? I hope you dont take offense, im asking for a reason. Your entire basis on a "waste of time" is compared to superficial things that anyone could obtain with some will and drive. Thats interesting...

Its not a waste of time to me. In one of the convalescent homes I teach the elderly how to properly use their computers and when that Skype session comes up with their kids and grand-kids on the screen, their smile makes every single second invested there WELL worth it. I have felt this feeling exponentially in all the time invested there. I dont go as much as I used to but I dont regret a second of it.
    Do you base your life on assumptions. I didnt say a thing about basing my life on anything. I just kept my question confined to an appropriate parameter. Personally, I spend most my timeworking, drinking, sexing and trying to hook up for more sex. If you wanted to know that. And no offense, over-volunteering, psh 900hrs between 2 location to include the traveling to them, YEAH! thats a waste of time because your not making anyone's life better unless you are conducting job counseling and helping with job resumes and practice interviews to include helping find a stable living quarters so everyones time wasnt wasted. But hey. Maybe youre touching hearts handing soup and handmedown clothing while smiling in the face of someone who doesnt have the luxury of showering themselves once a day.

Sorry... I get kinda worked up when people dont realize they are wasting their own time, and could traveling, sexing and learning from horrible mistakes.

Also, Mandarin isnt a language that if you fail at it, that you are allowed to say you werent into it. It was too hard. Just admit it.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

I reached a can of food on a top shelf and handed it to a stranger a few days back. *shrug, it's pretty minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Do you base your life on assumptions. I didnt say a thing about basing my life on anything. I just kept my question confined to an appropriate parameter. Personally, I spend most my timeworking, drinking, sexing and trying to hook up for more sex. If you wanted to know that. And no offense, over-volunteering, psh 900hrs between 2 location to include the traveling to them, YEAH! thats a waste of time because your not making anyone's life better unless you are conducting job counseling and helping with job resumes and practice interviews to include helping find a stable living quarters so everyones time wasnt wasted. But hey. Maybe youre touching hearts handing soup and handmedown clothing while smiling in the face of someone who doesnt have the luxury of showering themselves once a day.

Sorry... I get kinda worked up when people dont realize they are wasting their own time, and could traveling, sexing and learning from horrible mistakes.

Also, Mandarin isnt a language that if you fail at it, that you are allowed to say you werent into it. It was too hard. Just admit it.
    you do realize to some drinking/sexing and trying for more sex don't mean a dam thing right? Let alone working.. lots of people live to work vs work to live. Long as they have enough to do what they enjoy they don't work harder to get more. different strokes for different folks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought my work colleague lunch because she forget her wallet like 2 days ago.

Helped multiple people finish a food safety quiz quickly the same day.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess they don't count as strangers now that I think about it.

I once gave a homeless man outside a supermarket $10 note because i couldn't be bothered gettings the coins out my wallet to give him instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raised my voice and stopped a guy who just pushed down a woman and her babywagon (not certain if there was a child in it, was very quiet atleast). He may have beaten her if I hadnt yelled at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    can be anything

the one good deed i have done for a stranger was in a supermarket car park , helping her put her christmas tree in the trunk of her car.
    I usually don't talk about it, since a good deed requires no thanks, nor praise.

But since you asked, about two weeks ago, I was at a stop light. Across from me, was a Jeep in his left lane stopped while the light turned green. I was waiting to make a left, so I sat and watched while the guy got out to open his hood. He didn't have his warning lights on, and it looked dangerous. I made my turn, then parked my car and ran over to him to help push his truck off the road and onto a side street. Poor guy was trying to push the jeep himself while making a turn, in morning traffic. So I jumped behind his Jeep and let him sit and steer while I pushed.

Once he was in a safe place, I got to talking with him, and he seemed to need a jump. So I ran to my car, brought it to his, and let him use my jumper cables. The Jeep was getting a little bit of a charge, but not enough to start up. Eventually, a buddy of his showed up and started looking at things. Turns out, his battery cables were fraying and hardly connected still. Wasn't easily visible when I took a look, but the guy pulled on them, and they came right off the clamps. The clamp stayed on the terminals, but the wire came off.

Since he had someone to help him, and was in a safe place, I left them to it. He was very thankful, and I was glad he was safe and had proper help.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

The big red letters is where I stopped. You dont do any of that. Especially when you call it "SEXING", jesus you sound like a 12 year old virgin looking for validation.

and:
    Also, Mandarin isnt a language that if you fail at it, that you are allowed to say you werent into it. It was too hard. Just admit it
    My Mandarin as a third language might be bad, but your English is terrible. I mean look at all you wrote.

Done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    you do realize to some drinking/sexing and trying for more sex don't mean a dam thing right? Let alone working.. lots of people live to work vs work to live. Long as they have enough to do what they enjoy they don't work harder to get more. different strokes for different folks.
    Actually it does mean alot. To that individual. Do yourself, before you do others, so that when the time comes. You wished you gave yourself more time, before its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    The big red letters is where I stopped. You dont do any of that. Especially when you call it "SEXING", jesus you sound like a 12 year old virgin looking for validation.

and:

My Mandarin as a third language might be bad, but your English is terrible. I mean look at all you wrote.

Done with you.
    I would say another word... but TOA or whatever violation. I could adjust it F'ing and more F'ing. That would sound just as ridiculous.

Also, just to note... Mandarin is your third language? Thats kinda interesting, giving your earlier post. But maybe its because my english is terrible.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I've changed a flat tire for a woman stuck on the side of the road, a few different times.
    I'm imagining it's the same woman at the same place, with the same car and outfit. Every time she looks the same, but each time it's years apart. The first time was twenty years ago, yet she hasn't aged a day...

I work seasonally in a toy shop.

2 summers ago I had this small family in, can tell they aren't overly well off. Kid sees something he wants and he can afford it. He's got a ten GBP note in his hand. Sensibly his mother says walk around everywhere first, we can come back if you still want it. (Having to refund people because their kids have seen something better in another shop is the worst, so we prefer them saying this).

Hour or so goes by and this kid and mother come back in. Kids crying, mother looks pissed. This kid found something he wanted but his 10 note has gone missing. So they were retracing their steps to find it. I haven't found it, kid cries more and the mother basically says tough shit, you should look after your money.

I reach in my pocket and take a tenner out of the wallet and give it to him. Biggest smile on this kids face ever. Mother snatches it off him and says they can't accept it. I say nonsense, it's just ten I'll waste one way or another and I'd just been paid. She lets him keep it, I get a tear and a hug from the mother.

In fairness, they've been back in each summer now and spent money, so I did also gain a life customer for the business as well.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just to note... Mandarin is your third language? Thats kinda interesting, giving your earlier post. But maybe its because my english is terrible.
    I made this just for you. It will help you connect things together

LOL. So... trying an additional language counts as knowing an additional language? pfft... OKAY! so apparently i know japanese, korean, german, dutch, gaelic, nigerian, polish, italian, french, spanish, chinese, pashto, dari, and alabama. yeah, im definitely putting alabama on the list.

- - - Updated - - -

I would put somalian on the list, but they are useless people with beautiful women that dont want to speak their own language. so, they are not going on any list other than my list of surprisingly beautiful women of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    can be anything

Picked up fellow in Spokane WA and drove him to Seattle WA (I was only going to Ritzville so that was a good chunk of extra driving).

Actually it does mean alot. To that individual. Do yourself, before you do others, so that when the time comes. You wished you gave yourself more time, before its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say another word... but TOA or whatever violation. I could adjust it F'ing and more F'ing. That would sound just as ridiculous.

some people actually enjoy putting others first.... money/power/sex/material possessions do not motivate everyone. hell not all of those motivate me. I don't volunteer but i'm not going to knock on those that do and find both enjoyment and meaning from it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    About a month ago I was on my daily run and came across a homeless woman who's baby had gone into cardiac arrest. I did CPR till medics with a defib machine could arrive but the baby ended up dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exiting a store, woman in front of me fumbles a little with her purse and out pops her debit/credit card without her noticing. I snagged it, and went on a massive shopping spree.

Then I snapped out of my imagination, caught up with her and gave it back to her, without any expectations of a reward for it.

I feed a few homeless people pretty much everytime I go downtown. I also hand out metro passes so the can escape the 110 degree heat and ride around onbthe light rail in the A/C for the day.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I hooked up with a pretty unattractive girl once because I knew she really wanted to.
    This is the thread here.