Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    its called mastery and crit now
    I know you meant to say 'boring'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    felhounds, portal keeper, coven, and sometimes argus all have times when you cant avoid being in front of them.

but I mean, why am I even arguing with you its obvious you've never been to a mythic raid, especially not as melee, if you think you can stay behind every single boss all the time 24/7 on every raid encounter, in every raid.
    Judgemental much, or is it because you are afraid of me to actually have been a mythic raider, and have had no problem moving about as a Paladin both as Holy or Ret. I've had very few moments where I would need to be in front, else, not been a problem to be at the back or sides for me.

And I'm sorry but sometimes the fights can't be smooth. Sometimes you are forced to go where you shouldn't, either out of range or in front, and you'll lose precious moments - which is what the fights should be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Judgemental much, or is it because you are afraid of me to actually have been a mythic raider, and have had no problem moving about as a Paladin both as Holy or Ret. I've had very few moments where I would need to be in front, else, not been a problem to be at the back or sides for me.

And I'm sorry but sometimes the fights can't be smooth. Sometimes you are forced to go where you shouldn't, either out of range or in front, and you'll lose precious moments - which is what the fights should be.
    again, you dont get my point.

the problem isnt that I should be discouraged from standing in front of a boss
    the problem is the design by which they achieve it is infuriating, tilting and downright unpleasant

just make bosses take 2% less damage from the front (unless you're a tank) literally everyone will still stand behind them, but you wont feel like being kicked in the nuts by a jackhammer when your most important ability gets parried.

and again, I dont know about rets but maybe you dont have shit that fucks you over big time if it gets parried and messes up your entire rotation.

for rogues basically every 2nd ability is like that.

generator during dance is parried? you're fucked
    goremaw parried? you're fucked
    backstab after symbols parried? you're fucked
    DFA parried? you're fucked
    anything during vanish parried? you're fucked
    nightblade during opener parried? you're fucked
    finisher after symbols parried? you're fucked.

ask any rogue or arms warrior how they feel after their colossus/DFA/etc is parried

none of them will say "yeah I didnt play well there I shouldve been behind the boss, it's good design"

and it's not hard to assume you're not raiding mythic when you think you can stand behind bosses every time even though I brought up several examples just from the current raid alone that disprove that.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-06-12 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yes if crit worked in a way where your ability completely stopped working when it didnt crit I'd agree with you

but even if my goremaw doesnt crit it still gives combo points and energy
    even if my DFA doesnt crit it still gives energy and does a decent damage
    even if my nightblade doesnt crit it still keeps ticking and doesnt fuck up my combos
    even if my shadowstrike doesnt crit it still gives combo points

if you honestly dont get the difference, then I'm sorry for you

crit doesnt affect my gameplay (unless i'M a fire mage or an assa rogue but that's kinda fringe)

parry does, MAJORLY

and anyway, so what if it's a small issue? does that make it not an issue? lol
    Is it something that happens so often that it makes it so you can't compete in the fight? Is the reason a class isn't 5 spots higher on a dmg meter because of parries? If not then there isn't a reason for them to change it because it serves a purpose, to deter players from mindlessly standing in front of a boss. And on the rare occasions you have to attack from the front for a short period of time because of a mechanic, so what, its nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Is it something that happens so often that it makes it so you can't compete in the fight? Is the reason a class isn't 5 spots higher on a dmg meter because of parries? If not then there isn't a reason for them to change it because it serves a purpose, to deter players from mindlessly standing in front of a boss. And on the rare occasions you have to attack from the front for a short period of time because of a mechanic, so what, its nothing.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT COMPETITION, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT.

it's just not a fun mechanic, it has no positive aspects, and it's frustrating as fuck.

but yes, if my nightblade/DFA/shadowstrike gets parried in my opener that's basically 2-3 ranks below what i'd be otherwise, and it does affect my placement unless the bossfight is superlong.

you really dont get how insanely impactful it is to have your opener interrupted and messed up as a rogue. you have such narrow windows to do anything and every ability builds on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Abilities cannot be parried.

The list is silly, though. Most of those bosses you'll only be in front for short times to handle specific mechanics.
    This is absolutely 100% false. Spells, and hunter shots can't be parried, but melee abilities from non-tank specs can absolutely be parried.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    As a tank i kinda want all of these back:

Dodge
    Parry
    Expertise
    Hit cap
    Defense cap

That made the game more fun to me.
    Totally Agree. but More importantly I want Armor Penn. Rating back and Blood DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...block a sword attack...with your sword is something RPGs made up? Yeah totally not something that is possible IRL!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I liked it, and it was always funny when the tank got a new upgrade, put it on, and then got splattered because his defense dropped under cap (unless it happened to me and then it wasn't funny at all).
    It was very challenging to Heal early on in Xpacs when Tanks didnt have enough Defense to be immune to crits. It was a blast knowing that you were able to keep his ass alive and push through the content before they got capped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It was very challenging to Heal early on in Xpacs when Tanks didnt have enough Defense to be immune to crits. It was a blast knowing that you were able to keep his ass alive and push through the content before they got capped.
    Yes, but not only. It was also part/element of well-founded time-gate and catch-up mechanics (ie passable conditions were your character parameters and your progress/experience/capabilities - your decision how/how much to spend your time (depends on you; using laws, rules and mechanics of game world, and not artificial unreasonable illogical bungs), unlike how it works now (depends on Blizzard's mercy/permission/decision)).

Just a small non-essential remark. Don't mention me. Go on, continue discussion
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-06-13 at 09:07 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I know you meant to say 'boring'.
    practical*

I miss when Hit was your most important stat until cap