Thread: Fury BFA Beta

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Spoken like a true cretin; avoiding the point.
    Last time I checked, I was not under any obligation to respond to assumptions, hyperbole, anecdotal evidence or childish insults.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Last time I checked, I was not under any obligation to respond to assumptions, hyperbole, anecdotal evidence or childish insults.
    Ok.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Absolutely nothing was done to move damage outside of those windows though.

You will still deal the majority of your DPS inside Avatar and Reck. Which are clunky as hell to use now.

Fury on Beta right now does 50% of it's damage through auto attacks. SUCH AN EXCITING CHANGE.

Gameplay is going to be so fun!

- - - Updated - - -
    I was always a huge fan of fury's auto attack damage. Part of what makes swinging 2 2hers feel so great is doing massive amount of auto damage.

On the recommendation of a YouTuber who covers the game, I changed from using Furious Slash to using Sudden Death. It feels so much better now, not having to use FS at all. I'm looking forward to the spec overall when BfA goes live.

People exaggerate about furious slash waaaaaay too much. There's two reasons why furious slash feels kind shitty to press on live, the first being that is does tiny damage, generates no rage, and you don't really feel any benefit from it since even with multiple stacks of the crit buff you still miss crits. Second being that the previous ability in its place, wild strike, had a reduced GCD so it felt very responsive and fast to do which felt great, furious slash does not have this or else it would be fine. Even then, i said it's only kind of shitty because in reality it's really not bad at all, it's a filler attack, you just press it when your other abilities are on cooldown. Really not a big deal at all, most classes that have a filler it feels weak because it's a filler that's the point.

Now let's move on to BfA. A couple of beta builds ago after the initial changes, furious slash generated 3 rage and had a 10% chance to enrage. It was great like that, it now generated rage and also had a tangible benefit that you would feel when it happened. At this point furious slash was no longer a 'feels bad to press' ability so anyone on beta who still says that stupid shit is probably clown who doesn't even know what they're talking about in the first place. This was emphasized even more if you picked frenzy which there was no reason not to.
    Now the current iteration is pretty much the same except it has the frenzy effect baseline (nerfed from 15% to 9%) and without the 10% enrage proc. It still feels like a normal decent filler attack but there's really not much reason to pick it as a talent since sudden death is quite good. This can change by the time it hits live and you're 120 geared and going into a raid, maybe furious slash is worth it for single target fights, but generally don't bother. Currently whirlwind with the meat cleaver talent is exactly the same as furious slash was a couple of builds ago, generates 3+ rage and has a 10% chance to enrage you.

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    People exaggerate about furious slash waaaaaay too much. There's two reasons why furious slash feels kind shitty to press on live, the first being that is does tiny damage, generates no rage, and you don't really feel any benefit from it since even with multiple stacks of the crit buff you still miss crits. Second being that the previous ability in its place, wild strike, had a reduced GCD so it felt very responsive and fast to do which felt great, furious slash does not have this or else it would be fine. Even then, i said it's only kind of shitty because in reality it's really not bad at all, it's a filler attack, you just press it when your other abilities are on cooldown. Really not a big deal at all, most classes that have a filler it feels weak because it's a filler that's the point.

Now let's move on to BfA. A couple of beta builds ago after the initial changes, furious slash generated 3 rage and had a 10% chance to enrage. It was great like that, it now generated rage and also had a tangible benefit that you would feel when it happened. At this point furious slash was no longer a 'feels bad to press' ability so anyone on beta who still says that stupid shit is probably clown who doesn't even know what they're talking about in the first place. This was emphasized even more if you picked frenzy which there was no reason not to.
    Now the current iteration is pretty much the same except it has the frenzy effect baseline (nerfed from 15% to 9%) and without the 10% enrage proc. It still feels like a normal decent filler attack but there's really not much reason to pick it as a talent since sudden death is quite good. This can change by the time it hits live and you're 120 geared and going into a raid, maybe furious slash is worth it for single target fights, but generally don't bother. Currently whirlwind with the meat cleaver talent is exactly the same as furious slash was a couple of builds ago, generates 3+ rage and has a 10% chance to enrage you.
    yeah but is is odd to use ww in single target!

10+ Year Old Account
    Using WW more instead of FS , even on single target, really feels so good!! Might be bad for higher M+ in case it's important not to AoE things down, but other than that- a dream right now <3. Feels so fast and smooth. Similar to Havoc IMO. Fury & Havoc currently feel almost as if there is no "GCD" downtime

7+ Year Old Account
    Using FS on live honestly feels like a punishment. Oh you didn't crit with Bloodthirst, too bad, now use FS twice, do fuck all damage and maybe next time Bloodthirst will crit for you.

Making it a talent option is fine I guess. I won't take it and I hope it doesn't end up being way ahead of the other options, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be the case thankfully.

I might play fury this EXP now that the broom sweaper ability is finally gone. The sound and feel of FS has always been the lamest part of fury.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Using WW more instead of FS , even on single target, really feels so good!! Might be bad for higher M+ in case it's important not to AoE things down, but other than that- a dream right now <3. Feels so fast and smooth. Similar to Havoc IMO. Fury & Havoc currently feel almost as if there is no "GCD" downtime
    M+ it will be fantastic, but did Blizzard remove the talent that procs WW to deal 300% increased damage?

7+ Year Old Account

Fury warriors on the beta hate Furious Slash now.
    tbh i hate furious slash as a whole, even in live, i barely use between procs, and its feels awkward, whirlwind is way more satisfying

can we get a rip for old raging blow animation

10+ Year Old Account
    M+ it will be fantastic, but did Blizzard remove the talent that procs WW to deal 300% increased damage?
    Seems like Wrecking Ball is currently gone on the Beta, yeah.... unfortunately. Imagine the damage if it were still available to us. Oh my.... - I'd love it! haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Havoc is a mess. It has all the same issues as it does on live.

Im shelving it as my main and playing Fury.

Currently on Beta, Fury is the only spec that has retained its speed. Everything else is slower.
    To be honest.... I'm so so so very much on the brink. I want to stay DH but my soul screams Fury.... Ugh I just don't know what to do anymore as I really like both. But one has to be my "main", you know? If only I could decide....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Seems like Wrecking Ball is currently gone on the Beta, yeah.... unfortunately. Imagine the damage if it were still available to us. Oh my.... - I'd love it! haha.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest.... I'm so so so very much on the brink. I want to stay DH but my soul screams Fury.... Ugh I just don't know what to do anymore as I really like both. But one has to be my "main", you know? If only I could decide....
    Same decision here
    I played fury since Wotlk beta ( classic and BC i only stay with pom Mage dont kill me ).
    But after Mop FS shit comes and after WOD stupid abilitys comes to warrior i decided to go with DH because the fantasy and the playstyle in alpha and beta fits more my playstyle than the stupid legion fury.

Now i have to make the same decision again.
    Because fury and arms plays so extrem good in beta but DH sucks so hard with the new darkslash shit, no range damage no op heal in pve.
    It feels like DH gets the worst version of Warrior abiltiys with more movement. Fel barrage is like an interupt cc able bladestorm with less damage. Dark slash is like the old CS window shit with only provide 1 abilty .

So if blizzard doesnt change a lot in last second i go next addon with warrior. Fury for pve and sry Arms for pvp or BLizz brings back a MS efect to Fury.

Deleted
    Spoken like a true cretin; avoiding the point.
    He did you rather spectacularly there

Furious Slash feels better now than it ever has before, but that isn't saying much, and now that it competes with Sudden Death (which feels very good), I can't see taking it unless it turns out that 6% haste is going to just be that important early on.

I think the 75 tier is one of the more interesting, and allows for a few different playstyles depending on fight and preference. I'm curious about the 15 tier though. I like War Machine for leveling but in dungeons and raids I'm not sure which will win out.

I haven't played Fury much on live, but am I correct in thinking that Enrage doesn't have a pandemic mechanic? If so, what's the proper way to deal with potential cannibalization of Enrage? For example: you Bloodthirst, which Enrages you and also caps your rage. Should you Rampage immediately and disregard the initial Enrage, or should you wait until the first Enrage wears off?
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    yeah but is is odd to use ww in single target!
    We used to use it ST in BC and Wrath. It felt odd when it went away tbh.

Good, I absolutely despised Furious Slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Oh, do we? Thanks for letting us know how we all feel. Making up our own decisions and expressing them has been such a drag. Happy we have people to decide things for us now.
    Because most fury wars would praise furious slash.. cause its so damn awesome...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Because most fury wars would praise furious slash.. cause its so damn awesome...
    The BfA version isn't so bad. Terrible for leveling of course but permanent 6% Haste in other content is no joke. I do hope Sudden Death is the preferred talent as I love that mechanic.

Honestly one of my favorite things about BfA Fury is that the spec feels fairly functional and complete even talentless, which was not the case of Legion Fury that feels amazing with Inner Rage and preferably Massacre but anemic without. Burst AoE is the only part of our rotation that truly requires a talent. Sadly to me it seems Meat Cleaver will be just better for ST than the other options but I may be wrong.