Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Man, I was really hoping for a nether portal change.

Deleted
    So what's with the Tyrant change?
    Summon Demonic Tyrant Summon a Demonic Tyrant to increase the duration of all of your current demons by 15.0 0.0 sec, and increase the damage of all of your other demons by 15%, while damaging your target. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. 1.5 min cooldown.
    Tyrant no longer increases the duration? Is the duration going to be tied to something? I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You realize you're about to hit 21k posts?
    Errr, not really? I never look at my post count. I just interact with people here when I feel like interacting. Why is that of any importance with regards to this thread and subject?

OT: I noticed they opened M+ testing, so I'm going to guess they wanted to balance Demo for that as well, otherwise people would just run Demo locks to push for higher keys than they would if things were balanced. It might skew the information they can get from M+ testing if Demo continued to be as strong as it was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Formatted and posted for reference.
    TALENTS
    • Bilescourge Bombers Tear open a portal to the nether above the target location, from which several Bilescourge will pour out of and crash into the ground over 6 sec, dealing [ 15% [ 10% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to all enemies within 8 yards. Demonology Warlock - Level 15 Talent. 2 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
    • Doom Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 250% [ 160% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage after 30 sec. If Doom kills the target, there is a 5% chance to summon a Doomguard to fight for you for 25 sec. Generates 1 Soul Shard when dealing damage. Demonology Warlock - Level 30 Talent. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

DEMONOLOGY
    • Demonbolt Send the fiery soul of a fallen demon at the enemy, causing [ 90% [ 58% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 40 yd range. 4.5 sec cast.
    • Hand of Gul'dan Calls down a demonic meteor full of Wild Imps which burst forth to attack the target. Deals up to [ 75% [ 48% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage on impact to all enemies within 8 yds of the target and summons up to 3 Wild Imps, based on Soul Shards consumed. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    • Implosion Demonic forces suck all of your Wild Imps toward the target, and then cause them to violently explode, dealing [ 50% [ 32.5% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage to all enemies within 8 yards. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.
    • Summon Demonic Tyrant Summon a Demonic Tyrant to increase the duration of all of your current demons by 15.0 0.0 sec, and increase the damage of all of your other demons by 15%, while damaging your target. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. 1.5 min cooldown.

DEMONOLOGY & DESTRUCTION
    • Shadow Bolt (Demonology) Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing [ 45% [ 30% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.
    The only surprising thing here is the change to Demonic Tyrant no longer extending our demon durations, which is not only a significant nerf, but also an actual mechanical change. I've already tested it on beta as well, and it is indeed no longer extending the duration on summons.

The ability description, which reads in client exactly as it does in the patch notes, is odd, though. I'm unsure why they would have left in the bit about extending the duration at all. So either this is a temporary change while they continue to retool the ability, or a temporary description for a finalized mechanical change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post

The only surprising thing here is the change to Demonic Tyrant no longer extending our demon durations, which is not only a significant nerf, but also an actual mechanical change. I've already tested it on beta as well, and it is indeed no longer extending the duration on summons.

The ability description, which reads in client exactly as it does in the patch notes, is odd, though. I'm unsure why they would have left in the bit about extending the duration at all. So either this is a temporary change while they continue to retool the ability, or a temporary description for a finalized mechanical change.
    Looking at the front page I see that the Azerite trait Bounding Resolve (or whatever) now gives you an absorb shield that absorbs 0, down from whatever it ansorbed before. Based on that I think that they are tweaking some numbers and a few abilities and such were just caught in a bad time in this beta build.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Errr, not really? I never look at my post count. I just interact with people here when I feel like interacting. Why is that of any importance with regards to this thread and subject?
    It isn't!

I just noticed it myself and was like *wow, that's a lot of posts, I thought I had a lot of posts*.

OT: I noticed they opened M+ testing, so I'm going to guess they wanted to balance Demo for that as well, otherwise people would just run Demo locks to push for higher keys than they would if things were balanced. It might skew the information they can get from M+ testing if Demo continued to be as strong as it was.
    Yeah, feels so weak now. Like... you didn't even need to get things rolling before things died and now you actually have to ramp a bit. Which is y'know, how it should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post

I haven't wanted that part of the spell since the beginning but I'm not holding my breath here. Hell they could even be testing it to see how people react.

I imagine actually leaving that in creates complications with tuning talents in a not great way, but eh.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Felguard doing less damage than blueberry. Oof.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2018-06-13 at 04:45 AM.

Deleted
    they always overnerf things

worry when it goes live like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Expected, maybe too much, probably will be tweaked.

Bummer the extended duration on Demons felt rather unique, it was nice amassing a small legion. Maybe they'll tie it into the Demo Mastery? Hopeful thinking but maybe it will be tuned around that, although its probably just getting trimmed

Armory^

Deleted
    It's probably a datamining thing or a random error. During beta allot of tooltips have 0's in them for whatever reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I haven't wanted that part of the spell since the beginning but I'm not holding my breath here. Hell they could even be testing it to see how people react.
    I haven't, either. It gives me too many flashes of TKC and trying to perfectly calculate the point you are exactly capped on pets but also trying to line it up with external cds, procs, etc. The only way I want it to extend demon duration is if it does so for any demon summoned while he's out, which they would have to tune pretty heavily, I think.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    It's probably a datamining thing or a random error. During beta allot of tooltips have 0's in them for whatever reason.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but if you're implying it's simply a tooltip error, it isn't. Like I said before, I tested it immediately, and Tyrant no longer extends demon duration. If you're saying they probably just forgot to take it out of the tooltip, then maybe, but my guess is it's a placeholder while they continue to tinker with it.
    Last edited by Smog; 2018-06-13 at 07:56 AM.

was hopeing for doom changes the spell just feels crap and not worth takeing over the other 2 talants in that row

Deleted
    I don't want to complain after demo was super powerful all of beta but now it just feels kinda..meh, we're still in a tuning phase but the damage is significantly less than before, they might've overnerfed a bit for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Felguard doing less damage than blueberry. Oof.
    LOL i thought you were joking. Blueberry actually does more damage :D:
    Last edited by mmoc5a0c5650aa; 2018-06-13 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    was hopeing for doom changes the spell just feels crap and not worth takeing over the other 2 talants in that row
    They did change Doom, it got nerfed! I understand wanting to tinker with talents and stuff but who in their right mind thought that Doom of all things needed a fucking nerf, lol.

if it did over the 30sec not at the end i would say yer thats ok but just made it (even better ) lol

After doing some dummy tests, the nerf in the time extension from Tyrant actually proves to be a pretty major deal. Because of the 15 second bonus, you would likely want to go for a demon heavy build such as Vilefiend over From the Shadows. But with that nerf to time, From the Shadows is now the better talent choice. The comparison with them both being used optimally over 5 minute durations showed (at least from my characters perspective 114 warlock):

Vilefiend: 3.1-3.2K DPS
    From the Shadows: 3.3-3.5K DPS (can drop lower than 3.3 though if you don't get the proc for Stalkers)

Deleted
    As i said before, there are Azerite traits with their values set to 0. "You gain a shield that absorbs 0 damage" etc.
    They were probably in the middle of tweaking things when the beta build was compiled and pushed to the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibullba View Post
    After doing some dummy tests, the nerf in the time extension from Tyrant actually proves to be a pretty major deal. Because of the 15 second bonus, you would likely want to go for a demon heavy build such as Vilefiend over From the Shadows. But with that nerf to time, From the Shadows is now the better talent choice. The comparison with them both being used optimally over 5 minute durations showed (at least from my characters perspective 114 warlock):

Vilefiend: 3.1-3.2K DPS
    From the Shadows: 3.3-3.5K DPS (can drop lower than 3.3 though if you don't get the proc for Stalkers)
    I get the feeling the summon extension will probably come backnin one form or another (talent/ azerite trait) or just reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Looking at the front page I see that the Azerite trait Bounding Resolve (or whatever) now gives you an absorb shield that absorbs 0, down from whatever it ansorbed before. Based on that I think that they are tweaking some numbers and a few abilities and such were just caught in a bad time in this beta build.
    I would guess it is supposed to be some new scaling figure and just did not get fully into this cut. Most were saying those shielding azurite things were just to feeble before so I am guessing this is some kind of scaling factor to make them work better and just did not get fully implemented.