Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    A lot of people in this thread have no idea how much gold a character with fully leveled and geared followers make per month from missions, let alone how much you can make with 10+ characters doing it.

Why? Current individual character cap is 10 million and inflation should slow down this expansion based on gold rewards I'm seeing on beta from missions and world quests.
    I don't test the beta but maybe every 3-4 days, but I have been 120 for some time and a few classes and have not seen 1 gold quest yet from the mission board. They have all been AP, or faction rep. They could easily be despawning before I check the table. But I would think I would have seen one. De we know if there are any?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I don't test the beta but maybe every 3-4 days, but I have been 120 for some time and a few classes and have not seen 1 gold quest yet from the mission board. They have all been AP, or faction rep. They could easily be despawning before I check the table. But I would think I would have seen one. De we know if there are any?
    There are, every one I have seen rewards 250g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They will have to increase the gold cap on a specific character, can carry, if they keep going this way.
    Wasn't the cap increased with Legion's launch?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

The gold cap is already 10 Million per character. 5 Million isn't much anymore for a mount.

The new build removed the reputation discount. Just checked with my Goblin. So now it is 5 million, no possible discount.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    The new build removed the reputation discount. Just checked with my Goblin. So now it is 5 million, no possible discount.
    At least it matches the Alliance side now.

I was really hoping this would be the expansion that adds account wide gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    At least it matches the Alliance side now.
    But... but... Horde favoritism!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    The gold cap is already 10 Million per character. 5 Million isn't much anymore for a mount.
    wanna bet that over 90% of the Players have less than 250k gold ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I’d wager this is true. Most people don’t have millions of gold. Yeah a lot of extreme farmers do but just like the vast majority doesn’t mythic raid, most aren’t rich like that.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I have around 100k on my Bank alt and around 20k on my main. Which is more than enough for my consumables and shit.
    What do people even spend all that gold on? WoW Tokens sure, but what do you need millions of gold for?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    but what do you need millions of gold for?
    Dinosaurs, clearly.

I have around 100k on my Bank alt and around 20k on my main. Which is more than enough for my consumables and shit.
    What do people even spend all that gold on? WoW Tokens sure, but what do you need millions of gold for?
    Many people spend Gold just to make more.
    I don't spend that Gold, which is why I have about 6m sitting on my main. However at the beginning of BfA everything profession-related will be more expensive due to high demand and low supply so I'll try to get a bit more till BfA hits.

Having millions of gold lets you buy whatever you want whenever you want and not worry about it. I haven't had to pay my sub for well over a year, and I can buy things like a 5 million gold auction house dinosaur mount without blinking an eye. Gold has been raining down on us since missions have been introduced, the effort required to obtain a lot of gold now is pretty minimal. I can't even remember the last time I sold anything on the AH and I haven't farmed materials to sell in years and I'm going to be just shy of 20 million gold when BFA launches.

Yeah I'm at 17 million myself, almost exclusively from garrison and now order hall gold missions across 12 characters. I don't play the AH or farm at all. I didn't buy the spider mount because it doesn't do anything special, but I will certainly be purchasing the auction brontosaurus.

On a side note, I agree with the guy asking about accountwide gold. This needs to be a thing. I know they didn't do it due to concern about economies on new servers but lets get real here-- gold is trivially easy to get these days. Does that even matter any more?

i will have the 5 million (probably around 6) before bfa launch, will i buy it ? yes, because i can and gold dont deserve any other task anyway and i will have all bfa to redo that gold ;p (certainly easily) i would probably have around 10-11m if i did,nt buy so many thing to my alt in the ah + spider mount +pet at 1 m and the toy at 500k

but i began too late with the gold mission, like the last 6 month and did'nt do the gold mission at draenor, if bfa have the same thing, i will not miss the train this time

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    of course. There's no way a 5 million gold mount would have a 1 million discount.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    of course. There's no way a 5 million gold mount would have a 1 million discount.
    It would have been kinda nice and till today it did ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah I'm at 17 million myself, almost exclusively from garrison and now order hall gold missions across 12 characters. I don't play the AH or farm at all. I didn't buy the spider mount because it doesn't do anything special, but I will certainly be purchasing the auction brontosaurus.

On a side note, I agree with the guy asking about accountwide gold. This needs to be a thing. I know they didn't do it due to concern about economies on new servers but lets get real here-- gold is trivially easy to get these days. Does that even matter any more?
    Even just server wide gold would be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Same here.

I've gotten more positive attention for the Spider than negative, but the only whispers I've gotten for my valuable TCG mounts have been salty-as-fuck.
    Can't wait to ride around on the Brutosaur on day one.
    Which is kinda funny, because the only TCG mount I own, I bought in WoD for 1 Mio from the AH. So, they are kinda gold mounts as well, if someone sells one.

Anyway, after spending millions in Legion, I am again at above 4 million gold which is the amount I had when Legion started. I will surely buy this mount. I don't care much about the AH, but I care about dinosaur mounts. :3