Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfywea View Post
    Ok, here goes my theory
    It's not the girl she's kissing that will die.
    Ellie will get in a fight with Joel soon after the start of the game, having finally found out that Joel lied to her at the end of the first game (you get the sense she knew then, but still, she finds out for sure here), and one of them storms off.
    Then, if Ellie stormed off, she gets caught by the cultists, Joel arrives to save her only to die in her hands, without any time for good byes or last words, OR if Joel stormed off, she finds the cultists killing him before she can save him.
    Remember the trailer with Ellie playing the guitar? I'm thinking that's after she followed and kill the ones that killed Joel, and he's not really there, she's just talking to herself out of the grief that the last words she actually had with Joel where in a fight.
    That's my theory for now at least.
    That's actually a pretty good theory on the end of Joel. Not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Great potential? Don't get me wrong first part was okay but far from ideal that people like to call it. Gameplay was mediocore. Story was great and strong. Also charismatic main characters brutal tragic man and kick ass little girl. I played first TLOU only because of characters and story.
    I agree with this. (Not the homophobic part I cut out, though, lol.)

The main character switching to Ellie...from what I've seen, I'm not that impressed. Joel was more discerned and the dynamic of him and Ellie was interesting story. Ellie being teenagy and socially inept [somehow, in a fucking zombie society where people kill each other] is pretty dumb. So the story is less compelling.

I also thought the gameplay shown was too scripted to tell if it was good or not, but I'm leaning toward "bad gameplay" from what we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Great potential? Don't get me wrong first part was okay but far from ideal that people like to call it. Gameplay was mediocore. Story was great and strong. Also charismatic main characters brutal tragic man and kick ass little girl. I played first TLOU only because of characters and story.

Now kick ass little girl become gay and brutal man is died.

Like I said I'm better gonna play Days Gone.
    wait you are seriously? I thought you were sarcastic. i got news for you. Ellie did not become gay, she WAS gay back in first game.

if the story and character is ruined for you just becasue they fall in love again, after loosing their first love to being bitten (i mean seriously, how the hell do you play a game FOR THE STORY, and miss how Ellie was bitten in a first place?? or with whom)i don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I agree with this. (Not the homophobic part I cut out, though, lol.)

The main character switching to Ellie...from what I've seen, I'm not that impressed. Joel was more discerned and the dynamic of him and Ellie was interesting story. Ellie being teenagy and socially inept [somehow, in a fucking zombie society where people kill each other] is pretty dumb. So the story is less compelling.

I also thought the gameplay shown was too scripted to tell if it was good or not, but I'm leaning toward "bad gameplay" from what we saw.
    TLOU 1 wasn't anything special in the gameplay department to be fair. Crafting and upgrade system was mediocre at best.

I don't mind the story from Ellie's point of view for a change. Joel has had his limelight. Was either a new story for him or see a story from the other characters PoV. Plus Joel is getting old now. He's over 50 in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wait you are seriously? I thought you were sarcastic. i got news for you. Ellie did not become gay, she WAS gay back in first game.

if the story and character is ruined for you just becasue they fall in love again, after loosing their first love to being bitten (i mean seriously, how the hell do you play a game FOR THE STORY, and miss how Ellie was bitten in a first place?? or with whom)i don't know what to tell you.
    Eh safe to say there are just flamebaiting mate. Ignore it and move on. Let them act immature online to get some imaginary brownie points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    TLOU 1 wasn't anything special in the gameplay department to be fair. Crafting and upgrade system was mediocre at best.

I don't mind the story from Ellie's point of view for a change. Joel has had his limelight. Was either a new story for him or see a story from the other characters PoV. Plus Joel is getting old now. He's over 50 in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh safe to say there are just flamebaiting mate. Ignore it and move on. Let them act immature online to get some imaginary brownie points.
    yeah, you are probably right.

but what i find HIGHLY amusing about this whole outrage and bringing up Days Gone is that that game in its trailers uses THE SAME EXACT TROPE! they show the dude happy with his girlfriend and then they show him fighting zombies while his lover is implied to be dead. and her being gone is part of his motivation.

same.
    exact.
    trope.

but.. gay agenda! gay people are not allowed to love and lose, stop pushing it down my throat! /goes to play the game that uses exactly the same plot point.

Deleted
    People, I am a devout Catholic and I have no animosity towards Ellie being into women.

If a religious person can stomach it, so can you godless folk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The problem here is that you view it as "your" story and that is exactly why this feels forced. This isn't "your" story - as in the "gay people's story"; it's a human story, our story, everyone's story - even if she's lesbian because being lesbian is also being human. The moment you stop making a special category for yourself is the moment these things won't feel forced.

On top of this, heterosexuality has hardly got anything to do with being conservative, unless you want to imply that your parents and every user's parent on this board is conservative because well, that's how we all came to be; through our "conservative" heterosexual parents' relationship.

For all I care, Ellie could hook up with ten different women in the game and end up being a lesbian nymphomaniac(I'm in favour of that actually, eh lol). The point is that they went out of their way to keep focus on her sexuality, dedicating a huge piece of the trailer to a lesbian buildup and it's pretty obvious they did that to be "progressive", hoping to yet again get praised for it. It's a common thing among movies and games now, to go out of their way to show how "progressive" they are.

Naughty Dog got a lot of positive feedback from specific communities and I'm almost 100% sure they're trying to catter to their sentiments with this trailer, hoping to brown-nose their way to positive reactions.

I was at work when I typed my original response, so it was rushed and didn't quite reflect everything I had to say (as another user already pointed out).

I totally agree about it being a human story, I'm glad you see that too. It would be hard to tell a human story without sex coming into it in one way or another. As you stated yourself relationships are how we all came to be, and indeed they are what connect us to one another. So if in fact this is that case would it not be natural for developers creating a "human experience" to focus on the relationships that their protagonist makes?

Hah, how woefully ignorant you are if you think that every user on this board is here today because go a conservative heterosexual relationship (though on this board I'd bet there is a high percentage of that....). I totally agree that I am here because of heterosexual sex (eww), but my parents were far from conservative or traditional in any way. They were teenagers that made a mistake at a party, and now here I am.

It's great that a developer responds to feedback from their community... I mean at any given time there's 100 ongoing posts on MMO-Champ alone begging for Blizz to make changes, analyzing content, making suggestions. Are you suggesting that developers should not listen to their gaming fanbase or cater to them in any way? After all, these are their fans.

Side note: If you think the hint of a gay relationship, or a gay character being in a game is all it takes to get a positive reaction from gaymers, then you are sorely mistaken. Gays in my experience, tend to be the most overly critical bunch on the planet, and if a game sucks, we will happily say so.

In addition to the above I want to address your troubling 'gays being in a special category' comment. I personally have never seen myself and any different, or better, or more deserving of special privilege than any of my straight peers. But you ignore the fact that our experience on this planet is different to any heterosexual, for most of my life I've had to fight just to be seen as a human being with equal privilege and standing to a straight person. I am no better than any other human, but I have had to work harder for my place at the table - So don't you dare go around trying to imply that a depiction of a gay relationship is forced - It's not, its just human, and it was the design choice of this developer. If you want a straight relationship, play almost any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Woah, you sure showed me!

lol

Your complete lack of denial was noted in this response.

Way to undo your entire argument.

lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    yeah, you are probably right.

but what i find HIGHLY amusing about this whole outrage and bringing up Days Gone is that that game in its trailers uses THE SAME EXACT TROPE! they show the dude happy with his girlfriend and then they show him fighting zombies while his lover is implied to be dead. and her being gone is part of his motivation.

same.
    exact.
    trope.

but.. gay agenda! gay people are not allowed to love and lose, stop pushing it down my throat! /goes to play the game that uses exactly the same plot point.
    Well I like Days Gone because of main character and atmosphere. Not every day you play as cynic baker in post apocalyptic world. Also gameplay wise Days Gone looks more solid. TLOU 2 gameplay video was too scripted. Also Days Gone have motorbikes and open world.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ltiplayer.html
    The Last of Us: Part II Will Have Multiplayer
    Naughty Dog has announced that The Last of Us: Part II will see the return of the multiplayer-based game mode Factions.

The Last of Us: Part II co-director, Anthony Newman, revealed the news to GameSpot saying, "Multiplayer is coming back. We're not going to talk details yet about what form that takes, but we can there will be multiplayer".

Hopefully, in the near future, we'll hear more about the multiplayer mode. The Last of Us: Part II had a big showcase during Sony's E3 2018 press conference which you can check out below.
    Awesome I really enjoyed the MP in the first game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ltiplayer.html

Awesome I really enjoyed the MP in the first game.
    My biggest regret is not trying it. I should reinstall it on my ps4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they improve the controls, really enjoyed the story of the first one, but never liked the gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone that thinks the scene selection wasn't forced in order to seem progressive is delusional... There is literally no reason for that kiss to be shown in the trailer instead of ingame when u play it. the scene trailer could have been just as powerful if you thought they were just best friends, leaving the reveal that there might actually be something between them to the actual game. But no gotta shove that gay propaganda in the trailer to get some of them progressive points.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Everyone that thinks the scene selection wasn't forced in order to seem progressive is delusional... There is literally no reason for that kiss to be shown in the trailer instead of ingame when u play it. the scene trailer could have been just as powerful if you thought they were just best friends, leaving the reveal that there might actually be something between them to the actual game. But no gotta shove that gay propaganda in the trailer to get some of them progressive points.
    Yeah because god forbid someone who's been through hell finds love after about 6 years or so? How dare she not be happy and in love!

Who fucking cares who it's with? Only people making a big deal out of this right now are the "REEE FORCED PROPAGANDA" types. Grow up. It's not 1950 anymore. Times have changed. Get with them or be stuck in the past with a narrow minded viewpoint.

And judging by the fact that Ellie is wearing the girls bracelet it's safe to say things are going to take a bad turn real quick. Just like the first game. Do some research into the trailer. It has quite a few easter eggs/hints hidden that help the story.

The scene isn't forced propaganda whatsoever. It represents the calm before the storm that The Last of Us is known for and the fact that someone who has been through more hell and suffered so much finally gets a shot at love. If you really care so much about who it's with then that's your problem. Not the games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Hopefully they improve the controls, really enjoyed the story of the first one, but never liked the gameplay.
    As long as the camera doesn't feel stiff I'm happy.

Dunno why but even at 60 fps that camera felt awful. Crafting system was mediocre as was the upgrade one. Nothing really felt meaningful when upgraded.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-13 at 12:11 PM.

Gay propaganda, from the Motherland of Russia, Alex Jones was right all along!

They're beaming gay rays right into your brain!

Get the fuck outta here.

Gotta score those sexual minority points?

Did you not even consider that it might have contextual purpose?

It's like when anyone kisses anyone else in a film or game trailer. It instantly places value and stakes on that person's life. It gives a level of intimacy to the viewers underunderstanding of their relationship and its value to the characters involved.

It's called screenwriting, not gay propaganda. Jesus Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Get the fuck outta here.

It's like when anyone kisses anyone else in a film or game trailer. It instantly places value and stakes on that person's life. It gives a level of intimacy to the viewers underunderstanding of their relationship and its value to the characters involved.

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Get the fuck outta here.

This guy gets it. Kudos man.

Really bored of seeing the "REEE MUH PROPAGANDA" argument tossed around by uneducated people who have zero clue how to actually use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the scene would have been just as powerful without the kiss in the trailer... let the kiss be shown only in the game... but then they wouldn't get the progressive points for the trailer...

Again, the scene would have been just as powerful without the kiss in the trailer... let the kiss be shown only in the game... but then they wouldn't get the progressive points for the trailer...
    Again why does it fucking matter?

Give you a hint. It doesn't. But I bet you wouldn't have been complaining if it wasn't a woman now would you?

Only people making a mountain of a molehill out of this are the "REEE PROGRESSIVE" crowd. But keep thinking that somehow validates your points. It really doesn't and just makes you and the other minority handful getting "outraged" over this look like fools.

Oh and gay, lesbian or bisexual characters have been in games as far back as the early 90s. Try again. First same sex marriage in a game was back in 1998 with Fallout 2. So you are a bit late throwing your little "muh propaganda" tantrum of faux outrage.

The fact of the matter is she found love after 6 years of hell. That love is quickly going to go away because she is wearing the womans bracelet. Again calm before the storm. It's called screenwriting.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-13 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Again why does it fucking matter?

Give you a hint. It doesn't.

Only people making a mountain of a molehill out of this are the "REEE PROGRESSIVE" crowd. But keep thinking that somehow validates your points. It really doesn't and just makes you and the other minority handful getting "outraged" over this look like fools.
    That's just how I see it, i don't really give a shit about the trailer at the end of the day since it won't diminish my enjoyment of the game... it just felt forced to me... if you have no problems with that, kudos to you I guess.

That's just how I see it, i don't really give a shit about the trailer at the end of the day since it won't diminish my enjoyment of the game... it just felt forced to me... if you have no problems with that, kudos to you I guess.
    I don't because factually it's not a problem.

You are. With your pretend outrage and "muh propaganda" bullcrap.