Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question BfA login screen unknown?

So from what I read here in forums, BfA Beta still has Legion login screen and nobody know anything about how will new login screen look like?

Any ideas?

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe Login Screen will be somehow call back to W3. Something like this:

The BFA login screen will be Teldrassil buring in the background with Sylvanas spreading her legs in the foreground and dead Night Elves lying around her. This is the ultimate accomplishment, because:

1) Sylvanas fanboys will like it because of the spread legs
    2) Horde fanboys will love it because of Teldrassil burning
    3) Night Elf fans get another big "fuck you" from Blizzard for the next 2 years to look at, just to be sure they get the message.

My immediate thought would be Teldrassil or Undercity, leaning mostly towards Undercity, but that seems far too open for favoritism whining.

On the other hand, using something on Kul'Tiras or Zandalar again has that same issue so who knows.

Maybe the Battle for Lordaeron could have enough of both, like two siege towers could be our "statues"/"portal" with the slightly ruined city in the background with it's Horde symbols.

Really curious as to why it hasn't shown up yet but I guess it's not the most important thing to get done and so it'll show up late.

Only another month or so left until the prepatch for 8.0

Deleted
    What's BFA got to do with WC3?

WC3 is like the opposite of what BFA is. WC3 was about factions coming together, working against the Legion and BFA is them going back to faction war.

I’m guessing something nautical or storm themed, honestly. The lasting narrative for BFA won’t be the faction war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    What's BFA got to do with WC3?
    Warfronts. AvH. And BFA probably will end up like W3 with all factions uniting against common enemy.

I just want something either Red/firey like Cata or purple/shadowy, enough with this bright green and blue stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Warfronts. AvH. And BFA probably will end up like W3 with all factions uniting against common enemy.
    - Warfronts are callback to all three games, just like garrisons were, a callback to RTS.
    - AvH, WC3 is the least AvH WC game ever made. The main point and 'message' of the game is that these two factions are pretty much meaningless.
    - And yes, of course they will fight against the same enemy, they've been doing that for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    My immediate thought would be Teldrassil or Undercity, leaning mostly towards Undercity, but that seems far too open for favoritism whining.

On the other hand, using something on Kul'Tiras or Zandalar again has that same issue so who knows.

Maybe the Battle for Lordaeron could have enough of both, like two siege towers could be our "statues"/"portal" with the slightly ruined city in the background with it's Horde symbols.

Really curious as to why it hasn't shown up yet but I guess it's not the most important thing to get done and so it'll show up late.
    Would be soooo cool if they give us two login screens - one of the overtaken Undercity, now rebuilt and polished by the Alliance and one of Teldrassil burning in the background. Players get to choose which one is displayed. There you go, both factions happy I am Alliance but I would probably go with the Teldrassil one because that artwork looks so sick...

Especially if they combine the two Teldrassil artworks! When you open the game it is still blue-ish and then it suddenly bursts into flames and transits to the second artwork. Oh god. Please. Wouldn't mind having a peaceful Stormsong Valley-themed login screen either though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I just want something either Red/firey like Cata or purple/shadowy, enough with this bright green and blue stuff
    Sooo we had

Brown/orange in Vanilla
    Fel Green in TBC
    Bright Blue in WotLK
    Red/brown in Cata
    Yellow/gray in MoP
    Red in WoD
    Gray/Fel Green in Legion

So.... sup with "enough with this bright green and blue stuff"? I mean, can we ACTUALLY GET bright green FOR A CHANGE ? A bright green grassland/valley with rivers and lakes and a clear blue sky. Yes, please. Enough with this red/brown/grey stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Especially if they combine the two Teldrassil artworks! When you open the game it is still blue-ish and then it suddenly bursts into flames and transits to the second artwork. Oh god. Please. Wouldn't mind having a peaceful Stormsong Valley-themed login screen either though.
    I'd go for that too, kinda like the Warlords screen where the portal activates moments later.

Stormsong would make for a nice screen. Maybe have that lovely, totally not Old God-worshipping, temple in the background. XP

Maybe have that lovely, totally not Old God-worshipping, temple in the background. XP
    Orcourse, everybody knows that this is clearly a "pvp expansion" xD

I wish for Old-god themed login screen, but that will not happen, plus I agree with Omedon that something nautical would be really nice.
    But they will most probably choose Teldrasil or Lordaeron. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    So from what I read here in forums, BfA Beta still has Legion login screen and nobody know anything about how will new login screen look like?

Any ideas?
    Burning of Teldrassil and Battle for Lordaeron are this expansion's two hallmarks. Guessing it will be something to do with the former, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it'll be a Stormwind guard on the one, and a Orgrimmar orc on the other side.

I mean there is always two big "statues" or Mogu or in Legion it was Demons- on each side. I can't wait to see what they did for BfA.

It will be the image of Teldrassil on fire, with Metzen popping up from the sides shouting "TOASTY!"

What about Sargeras' Sword ? After all, that's the main goal of the expansion, healing the wound.

Plus, that would be gorgeous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    What about Sargeras' Sword ? After all, that's the main goal of the expansion, healing the wound.

Plus, that would be gorgeous.
    God I hope not, that would be horrible.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one would love some kind of sirene backround of zuldazar jungle, piramide in the back and have townfolk walk around below ehile looking at the big red moon in thr back from nazzmir.
    But obviously this is horde bias, so instead I would say water(waves) 2 ships facing eachother left and right zandalar and kul tiran ship. In the middle big part of swirling maelstrom surrounded by rocks and a stormy backround.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I believe Login Screen will be somehow call back to W3. Something like this:

Quoted because it would be awesome if you get it right.

And I also believe that.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines