Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    You're a Millennial... aren't you....
    Millennial is anyone born from 1980 to around 1990-2000, which means that currently 38 year olds and younger are millenials, which I do believe covers most people on these forums.

I've been a total douche but never been banned..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the silence can be for stuff like

saying a Meme like "Lisa needs bracers"
    playing the wrong hero
    talking in 3rd person
    saying your own name

anything that can be defined as unnecessary chat
    To be fair things like that are just obnoxious. There is nothing more annoying that people acting like they have some "cute" persona.

Deleted
    They do send out bans in very weird ways, and it colaterals a lot of innocent people.

We had this random troll in a game who kept spamming nothing but "REPORT FOR HACKING" among other things. Mildly weird, but eh, at least we won. Troll sends friend invite, cancels friend invite after the game.

Next day, lo and behold, I'm somehow permabanned for hacking and exploits. I appeal the thing once, but GM says they have (((evidence))) and the ban is well founded.

So I appeal again,
    "Permission to speak freely sir, I don't think you know what you're doing!"
    I tell them how all their (((evidence))) might be that goofy-ass troll's report and I describe what he did.

They reviewed the (((evidence))) and it turned out I was right, they eventually did lift the ban.

It goes to show, though, system is stupid-easy to abuse by just one guy.

Been gaming for over 15 years and I've never once been the victim of an improper ban. This is clearly a conspiracy against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    hello all
    i play Hots without chat on during a match to avoid toxic players and now i find myself having a chat ban ?? which i find very funny and also very ironic since only toxic players spam reports around , SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE i GET A CHAT BAN WHEN I DON"T USE THE CHAT ??? WTF BLIZZARD !!!??
    Isnt this proof how toxic players have BECOME BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM A REPORT BUTTON TO ABUSE THE FUCK OUT OF !!!?
    and because i dunno why i have a chat ban i also found myself temporarily suspended FOR REASONS I DON"T KNOW all because i choose not to have a chat open specifically to avoid toxic players to begin with , so how the fuck is this possible to be treated like this when i try my hardest to avoid shit like this ??
    You blizzard Hots DEV team KNOW there is a (social chat off) button YES ? You Do keep track of this in games YES ? so You know when players have Chat OFF YES ? you Do know people will do this to avoid toxic players YES ? and believe me i'v seen plenty of them everytime you lose a game the toxic players come out of the wood works and spam their shit around , i dont wanna se their bullshit , thats why i keep my chat OFF during games .
    im very pissed off i got suspended when i have taken action to avoid toxic players like this and yet I GET PUNISHED FOR IT ???
    seriously blizzard , remove the godamn report system , it works for WOW why can't you remove the toxic report system you implemented
    Why cant you see this rotten system isn't working like its intended !! its being abused and kiddies will report anyone and the worst is , YOU dont give a shit !!
    Hey man you are totally right. People saying otherwise in the comment sections are clearly disconnected from reality. Many of them suffer from the "always opposition" mental disorder which makes them always pick a unique stance.
    This silence system is garbage because indeed you can get silenced for saying "good morning" to a troll guild that decided to report you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    It's not abused, you're just not a fun person to be around, and have been deemed annoying by enough people for Blizzard's automated suspension and banning system to kick in. Unless someone coordinated several people to report you at once, just for the fun of it and not because of anything YOU did, but that seems highly unlikely.
    Try being more calm and respectable in chat, and try not to be too vocally aggressive, and suddenly all this will disappear.
    Try reading what the OP written before you start start typing your garbage.

Go back ...you can do it....i know reading comprehension is falling but read IT..

Note where he says..HE DOES NOT HAVE CHAT ON.

SO he cannot be more calm..
    SO he CANNOT BE MORE RESPECTABLE....

Like.....this right here. Pure example of whats wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you think those people should be banned from interacting in chat? or should /ignoreing them be encouraged because at the moment for any reason at all people will get silenced without any real way to appeal it

its all an automated system unless you appeal
    There is big diffrence betwen interacting in chat, and having obnoxious "RP" that serves only to draw attention to oneself. Unless you gonna tell me that normal people talk in 3rd person.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a video game in a general chat channel............. stop being so fragile or people like you will end up getting public chat channels removed from the game like Destiny 2
    This being a video game has nothing to do with "special snowflakes" trying to appear more special in front of anyone any less annoying. Especially when they think they are the best and cutest thing in the world. And that has nothing to do with fragility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as Blizzard has recently confirmed that chat abuse reports against people that did not actually use the chat are ignored... one can only surmise that OP is lying through his teeth about this.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Seeing as Blizzard has recently confirmed that chat abuse reports against people that did not actually use the chat are ignored... one can only surmise that OP is lying through his teeth about this.
    Yeah but they still didn't deny that you can be reported for saying anything, since the only definition of what constitutes abusive chat is that someone reported you for it after you said something.

And when people get angry over lost game, some of them will just report their team mates for being stupid, noobs, playing gimmick heroes, whatever, and as long as you said anything in the chat, like "lol" or "gg" that report is valid.

Which is pretty retarded.

On multiple occasions I had people on my team ranting in team chat with something like "plz all report X for picking murky/being bad/whatever stupid reason". And if X said ANYTHING, then those reports are valid.
    Last edited by melzas; 2018-06-13 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see multiple scenarios of this.

1.: Since you didn't use chat, you failed to communicate with the team - reported.
    2.: Since you didn't use chat, you might have been the bother on voice - reported.
    3.: Since you didn't use chat, you spammed quick commands to the team - reported.

4.: Maybe you did use the chat, and you then proceeded to be a bother - reported.
    5.: Maybe you did use the chat, and you just refused to listen to the team - reported.

6.: Maybe you saw the chat but was AFK - reported.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Generally when people come to the forums to cry about how they were unfairly banned for something, 99% of the time, it's just flat out bullshit and they finally got caught and got punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    So HOTS reports works in same way like LoL Tribunal few years ago. xD Idk if i should laugh or...

10+ Year Old Account
    don't be rude there are some innocent players who get banned now

if hes not using chat good chance he is one of the innocent players
    I've yet to meet one.

The closest to "innocent" friend i know had chat disabled, but got suspended for abusive chat. I giggled a bit. Then, at some point i've came over to her and she was playing hots ranked. You won't believe amount of toxic shit she spews out in lobby chat to strangers, then proceeds to the game, where the chat is off. Yeah, go figure where did she got these chat bans from.

- - - Updated - - -

chat banned for "UNNECESSARY CHATTER"
    If you start chatting in game and drag others into chatting i believe you shouldn't be able to use chat anymore, since all you achieve is distraction for your teammates.
    I don't know why you post this WoW chat ban into HotS discussion

- - - Updated - - -

its impossible for a GM to check these details
    I'm 100% sure that blizzard employees have access to reported persons chat and replay of a game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Try reading what the OP written before you start start typing your garbage.

Go back ...you can do it....i know reading comprehension is falling but read IT..

Note where he says..HE DOES NOT HAVE CHAT ON.

SO he cannot be more calm..
    SO he CANNOT BE MORE RESPECTABLE....

Like.....this right here. Pure example of whats wrong.
    Yet there is lobby chat available, private messages and voice chat where you can spam whatever shit you like and get reports for chat abuse from players

- - - Updated - - -

do you think those people should be banned from interacting in chat? or should /ignoreing them be encouraged because at the moment for any reason at all people will get silenced without any real way to appeal it
    Yes, they should be banned from chat, that's the whole point of chat ban, to remove an obnoxious person before he can do any more damage to chat room. And your solution is to simply close eyes on the problem of toxicity? Off course it's your solution, because you are a part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play QM and I've had one email from Blizzard telling me off for going AFK too often and how it ruins the experience for others, that's it. No ban or chat silence.

Any toxic chat in game directed towards me gets a mute. For some people insults is the only language they know, any attempt at reasoning only brings forth further insults so muting is an easy decision, either that or become like them, nah I'll pass.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    i play Hots without chat on during a match to avoid toxic players and now i find myself having a chat ban ??
    If it makes you feel better they have announced plans to change it so you cannot report a player who doesn't talk for abusive chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    The real news is: Don't be a dick and you won't get reported. Works every time!
    Except the ridiculously high amount of people banned/silenced for doing nothing wrong and the ridiculous lengths Blizzard will go to to attempt to justify it's false positives say otherwise.

There's a reason most people consider the silence system broken/flawed/toxic, because it is.

- - - Updated - - -

You misread their statement, they said they will be tweaking the system and one of the changes in the tweaked version will be that chat abuse reports against people that did not actually use the chat will be ignored. We know that is not currently the case as they have previously confirmed that the current system does allow you to report people who don't communicate and that it's actually by design as they consider ignoring/not communicating to be toxic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You misread their statement, they said they will be tweaking the system and one of the changes in the tweaked version will be that chat abuse reports against people that did not actually use the chat will be ignored. We know that is not currently the case as they have previously confirmed that the current system does allow you to report people who don't communicate and that it's actually by design as they consider ignoring/not communicating to be toxic.
    You're the one who misread it, my man. Look over it again - the "no chat" report ignores are an existing thing.

The only things that are changing: penalties are getting stricter, and the filtering algorithms are getting improved.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're the one who misread it, my man. Look over it again - the "no chat" report ignores are an existing thing.
    The blue post was made three days ago which means the change has either just gone live or will be implemented soon, hence me pointing out that your claim based on that blue post that the OP must be lying about something that had happened previously was incorrect.

Ignoring the whole team communication is also pretty bad. But the punishment makes no sense what so ever.