Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Gaspppppp linkkkkkkkk?
    The collectors editions been up for preorder on PSN for days. You can swap out Claire for Elza Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Gaspppppp linkkkkkkkk?

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevi...nt_megathread/

Its a costume for Claire not a total change of character it seems.
    Last edited by Coldfrostzero; 2018-06-13 at 05:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The collectors editions been up for preorder on PSN for days. You can swap out Claire for Elza Walker.
    I see a delux on amazon so i got that instead.of standard

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Still horror?
    Looks like i will pass again
    Sorry, what? "Horrors, in MY Resi? NU-UH"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Resident Evil was always horror based. The fact 4 5 6 went slightly different path isn't necessarily good although I think 4 and 5 stayed horrorly but not as much as 1-3 and 7.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Resident Evil was always horror based. The fact 4 5 6 went slightly different path isn't necessarily good although I think 4 and 5 stayed horrorly but not as much as 1-3 and 7.
    That's exactly what I was getting at.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I've known people to be turned off entirely from the series for the door loading animations but this definitely takes the cake.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I'd be down for this game if it manages to reflect the Horror that the original game had. The older games were terrifying due to many aspects. Reaction time was difficult, with positioning, inventory management, and more. Its not that the characters were still hyper-action. It was the early 2000's wet dream for ultra action. But the scares of the older games worked as you were not always so impervious as later installments made me feel.

If they aim to remake this game again. I would hope they capture the human aspects. I don't expect to feel the same as I did with the PSX versions. But I would hope to into this with a chill on my shoulder. As the only safe places were the save rooms.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i didnt even start the crap show.
    my first comment here was that i wasnt interested in it because it was horror. after people starting shitting on 4,5, and 6 then i fired backed against the horror versions.
    Because it's literally a horror series, and the only games that strayed from that are the ones that nearly bankrupted the series.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

4 is easily my fav or all the resi evils and had nothing but wide spread acclaim when it was released. Those chainsaw villages use to scare the shit out of me back in the day :P
    If they wanna merge 4's camera/controls/action with the setting and more horror aspects of 2 that sounds like it should be a huge win!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because it's literally a horror series, and the only games that strayed from that are the ones that nearly bankrupted the series.
    4 reinvigorated the series and opened it upto a much wider spectrum of gamers. I wont comment on 5 or 6 cause I never played them and they were supposedly not that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    4 reinvigorated the series and opened it upto a much wider spectrum of gamers. I wont comment on 5 or 6 cause I never played them and they were supposedly not that great.
    RE6 almost tanked the entire franchise it was so bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    RE6 almost tanked the entire franchise it was so bad.
    Yea, thank God for 7 or who knows if this thread would exist right now

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    5 was passable but ultimately unneeded. The crux of the story was kind of a rip off of the same idea from Obscure and the action got literally rdiciulous including an ending where Chris runs along the top of cooling magma in the corona of a volcano to QTE punch a boulder bigger than a mini cooper so hard it explodes then jumps onto a helicopter to do a dual rocket launcher shot at the boss. But the gameplay was sound bar the a.r partner being stupid and stealing all the healing items till they patched it.

Now 6 was a shitshow. Its legitimately the worst playstation 3 release. Capcom at the time was dangerously near bankruptcy and were throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. They went on record saying "our PS1 era fans are too old for games now, we want the young people into minecraft and call of duty now" -actual quote that made the RE fans go mental and actually saw stock value drop- and RE6 was a frankensteins monster of a mess made of 4 unfinished ideas stitched together to try and make one game. One very, very bad game.
    Even before stuff like a guy that turns into a t rex and back like a fucking animorph i remember the exact moment i knew what i was in for early on. You are walking through a college as Leon in a t virus outbreak. You see a body on the floor in a tight hallway. Knowing the games predigree i shot the zombie in the head. Nothing it was dead not a trap. When i got near though leon was vaccum sucked into a tackle with a QTE where its impossible to not take mandatory damage and i actually saw the game LOAD OUT THE DEAD ZOMBIE AND LOAD IN A COMPELTLY DIFFERENT MODEL. That was when i knew what level of quality control i was in for and i was not wrong.

The game is a burning trashfire that nearly killed the franchise even though it was capcoms best selling game of the time. It made a lot of money but still the critical response was so monumentally bad it made them go 'oh fuck have we just salted the earth?' and forced a hard total 180 with RE7 which, first person camera aside, was a total return mechanically to RE1. If RE1-3 is the original star wars trilogy RE6 is the phantom menace. Everyone paid the price for entry, everyone but the massive plebs left going "what the fuck just happened?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Resi 7 is definitely almost what a modern Survival Horror game would be. Unfortunately it's so...well disturbing that I'm scared of touching it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Resi 7 is definitely almost what a modern Survival Horror game would be. Unfortunately it's so...well disturbing that I'm scared of touching it.
    Play with VR and the scented candle...that is disturbing and something I regret letting my friend try as they were sick on my carpet.

Also, this looks amazing from the trailer I saw a few pages back. I loved RE2 (was around 13 I think when we rented it from the video store at my friends for the first time and did not sleep that night!) and cannot wait for this.

Man i am salt as fuuuuuck. The collectors edition with the RCPD keys sold out in minutes and in the uk is a GAME exclusive with rumours of only 1500 nationwide. They said check back for another wave and just went 'lol jk jk pls preorder regular with us, we are dying, again' so i just went with the digital collectors edition since no way am i missing out on the original OST and Elza Walker outfit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'll be getting the Steam DD version (with offsite sales) just for the extra goodies.

Currently replaying Resident Evil Revealations/6/7 and Dreadout
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yeah, I'll be getting the Steam DD version (with offsite sales) just for the extra goodies.

Currently replaying Resident Evil Revealations/6/7 and Dreadout
    What is Deadout?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What is Deadout?
    Pretty damn good (IMO, but janky) Fatal Frame clone made in Indonesia.

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Pretty damn good (IMO, but janky) Fatal Frame clone made in Indonesia.
    Cool thx for the info.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD