Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Was there a reason why you wanted to take that one sentence out of the quote? You are literally just splitting context so it suits for your own purpose.

He made one post and you decided to share that post out of context, why? To flame him. Or what was the real reason for making that signature then? But as you can see from the quote you made to my last post you seem to like to take things out of context. Its pretty clear sign of lacking argumentation skills.
    Personally I believe the signature holds enough context. Poster A, flaming someone about getting a life to what he perceives as a waste of time, while OP highlighting what others may see as an equal waste of time. Don't really need the OP to understand rationale behind it.

Ideally Poster A should have just refrained from commenting if their contribution to a thread highlighting someone doing a positive thing is, [and I hyperbolize] "lol, get a lyf nerd".

I'm not continuing this until you answer why you made that sig. You can ramble all you want but right now this isn't going anywhere.
    It's already been explained multiple times in this thread, I delight in the irony and wish to share it with as many people as possible. Now it's been explained again.

That being said, you should absolutely not continue, you are out of your depth. Just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Personally I believe the signature holds enough context. Poster A, flaming someone about getting a life to what he perceives as a waste of time, while OP highlighting what others may see as an equal waste of time. Don't really need the OP to understand rationale behind it.

Ideally Poster A should have just refrained from commenting if their contribution to a thread highlighting someone doing a positive thing is, [and I hyperbolize] "lol, get a lyf nerd".
    Your eloquence and intelligence are like that first gasp of air to a drowning man. I genuinely appreciate the balm that is your post.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2018-06-14 at 12:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    I recall doing literally the exact opposite only moments ago, weird; perhaps you're not a very strong reader?

Oh I see, so if I insult someone who first insulted the third party I am referring to, I am not defending them? Weird... Just so I'm clear, you're saying that if I insult someone out of the blue that's fine--I'm a good person. But if I see one individual groundlessly insult another and intervene I am both not defending anyone at all and automatically become an asshole?

I'd be lying if I said I fully understood and agree with the rules you're outlining but you are from the internet and used the incorrect tense of come so who am I to argue?
    so feburary 2017
    it is now june 2018
    That is 497 days.
    that means 7 posts a day, and lets say each post is 30 seconds, some far more some far less that is 3.5 minutes...
    The average person spends 102 minutes using the bathroom. So by your logic anyone who ever uses the washroom has no life, because anyone who spends 3.5 minutes on a day of anything has no life?

- - - Updated - - -

It's already been explained multiple times in this thread, I delight in the irony and wish to share it with as many people as possible. Now it's been explained again.

That being said, you should absolutely not continue, you are out of your depth. Just walk away.
    Delight in what irony? a person spends 3.5 minutes per day posting on these forums therefore they have no life? what kinda fucking joke is that? The average wow player spends nearly 30 times more time per day playing wow, then that dude spends posting, lets use mine as another example!

925 days.
    double him, at 14 posts a day, meaning on average 7 minutes a day, so am i a DOUBLE no lifer because i spend time on the forum?

Are you seriously saying anyone who spends even just half an hour a day just doing whatever are wasting their lives?
    how much wow do you play? if you play anything more then 10 minutes a day you are scum potato neckbeard obviously, because only idiots spend more then 10 minutes a day doing something they enjoy.

Hell i mostly do my posts well im waiting for ques or flight paths, because of that i am a no lifer because i spend up to half an hour a day posting?

- - - Updated - - -

Without context i cannot get exactly what the person is doing, but for example.

yes a person who has every class with every legendary and every boss on mythic killed aswell as a charecter with every acheive, every pet, every mount. Yeah i would say that person has no life compared to someone who spend 3.5 minutes a day posting on MMochampion.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-06-14 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

As it has been explained earlier 7.8 messages a day is not something that would make someone considered a person that needs a real life. So it looks like the point of that signature is to make someone look like he needs a real life. And this exactly is the reason why the OP is an asshole. He could have reported the user or just made remark about the post but he decided to make sig that overly exaggrated the whole situation. Its out of context because that amount of the post in over a year is alot but its nothing special for someone who is active forum user.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-06-14 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so feburary 2017
    it is now june 2018
    That is 497 days.
    that means 7 posts a day, and lets say each post is 30 seconds, some far more some far less that is 3.5 minutes...
    The average person spends 102 minutes using the bathroom. So by your logic anyone who ever uses the washroom has no life, because anyone who spends 3.5 minutes on a day of anything has no life?
    Holy Christ what a dumbfuck. This is the entire point you simpleton, I never said anyone doesn't have a life, as a matter of fact I stated very clearly that entire concept is horrifically flawed. Secondly, you genuinely thought that an apt analogy to posting on MMOChamp is doing something that would otherwise kill you if you didn't? Wow, that's just a really dogshit argument, I mean that's some straight up I am Sam level shit. And yeah, 3.5 minutes a day, totally. I mean to read and reply to seven different threads would surely take less than four minutes, you got me there he said with sarcastic disgust.

Delight in what irony? a person spends 3.5 minutes per day posting on these forums therefore they have no life? what kinda fucking joke is that? The average wow player spends nearly 30 times more time per day playing wow, then that dude spends posting, lets use mine as another example!
    Again, because you couldn't be bothered to read anything in this tread, even though it would have only taken you... hmm 7 divided by... 210 seconds... Wow 30 seconds to do so, including your breathtaking response, I feel obliged to point out you are actually defending my view and putting down the guy in my sig, but you're simply too fucking moonface to know that. He came to this thread to say someone had no life, I challenged him to validate how the activities he spends time doing are any more or less pointless than anyone else's and he couldn't. So... thanks for the support? Woops?

Its out of context because that amount of the post in over a year is alot but its nothing special for someone who is active forum user.
    That actually doesn't mean anything is out of context at all. All the information you need to come to any conclusion you wish is there. I think its fair to say you don't know what the word context means.

And again, you and this other dumbdumb are just arguing in favor of the entire existence of that sig and it's irony. You have a kid telling someone they need to get a life as if he, spending an hour a day on mmochamp, is the pinnacle of someone living to the fullest. If anyone is too stupid to make that connection I cannot spoon-feed it to them anymore so than has already been done.

Are you alive? Then you have "a life". And guess what, all of us try to spend as much of our lives as we can doing what we wish to do with our finite amount of time. Arguing ones time spent is any more or less worthless than someone else's is groundless and ignorant.

If I did care what people did with their time I'd have a field day over the people spending theirs defending a strangers post count on mmochamp, I mean if I cared what anyone did I imagine I'd find that to be the pinnacle of sad.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2018-06-14 at 12:21 AM.

That actually doesn't mean anything is out of context at all. All the information you need to come to any conclusion you wish is there. I think its fair to say you don't know what the word context means.

And again, you and this other dumbdumb are just arguing in favor of the entire existence of that sig and it's irony. You have a kid telling someone they need to get a life as if he, spending an hour a day on mmochamp, is the pinnacle of someone living to the fullest. If anyone is too stupid to make that connection I cannot spoon-feed it to them anymore so than has already been done.

Are you alive? Then you have "a life". And guess what, all of us try to spend as much of our lives as we can doing what we wish to do with our finite amount of time. Arguing ones time spent is any more or less worthless than someone else's is groundless and ignorant.

If I did care what people did with their time I'd have a field day over the people spending theirs defending a strangers post count on mmochamp, I mean if I cared what anyone did I imagine I'd find that to be the pinnacle of sad.
    Just because you like to edit the quotes instead of just quoting the full post I'll give you the part what explained why its out of the contex.
    So it looks like the point of that signature is to make someone look like he needs a real life.
    Do us a favor, stop editing the quotes. It makes you look stupid when I have to point out stuff that you take out of the quote.

Just because you like to edit the quotes instead of just quoting the full post I'll give you the part what explained why its out of the contex.
    Why would I quote several paragraphs to respond to a single sentence fragment? That does absolutely nothing to explain why my signature is out of context. Again, you simply don't seem to know what the word context means. The stupidity displayed in that kids post, and now in my sig, has been explained by myself as well as other posters a combined 10 plus times. You have yet to understand something that has been explained ten different times, that's you--that's you not being able to understand something. I cannot fix that for you, that's breeding--go bitch at your parents.

Do us a favor, stop editing the quotes. It makes you look stupid when I have to point out stuff that you take out of the quote.
    It makes me look stupid when you quote five paragraphs at once and state "that sentence is blablabla" Haha okay, bulletproof logic. Anyways I'm sorry your buddy is in my sig and you don't understand why regardless of how many times it's been explained. Ready to pack it in yet or what?

... could have reported the user ...
    Only the biggest of bitches report people on mmo-champ. AHH I TALK SHIT BOUT PERSON BUT HE HURT ME FEELS NOW I TATTLE ON HIM. I'm not a child, I don't run to mommy because I can't defend myself. Oh hey look at that, I got an infraction for a post where I quoted that FelPlague kid, how bout that :P
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2018-06-14 at 12:37 AM.

There are still people in the world like this.

I met a guy back in Cata, when i was leveling a paladin to 60 and XP locking it (you know trying to create that vanilla #notvanilla experience) and i was spamming trade for a a run through AQ40 - offering gold for the time mind you.

Get a message from "guy" saying he would run me through, wouldn't take my gold, they just enjoyed doing old world stuff. Anyone that has tried to run a 60 through AQ40 knows what a pain in the a$$ it can be, with the gauntlet and all, and ridiculously long run backs etc. He did it 3 or 4 weeks in a row till I got some gear and rep.

Whatever my original motives, this guy took the time to do it for nothing cause he enjoyed it. We have been mates ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Without context i cannot get exactly what the person is doing, but for example.

yes a person who has every class with every legendary and every boss on mythic killed aswell as a charecter with every acheive, every pet, every mount. Yeah i would say that person has no life compared to someone who spend 3.5 minutes a day posting on MMochampion.
    I get what you're saying, however what the person was doing isn't required. As the event is their one post of flaming someone about getting a life, while OP highlighting what others may see as an equal waste of time.

3.5mins is a far reach though on the amount of time spent, when at a glance looking at posting history of 1 day it spans over 25 posts spanning across 7hrs and 51 minutes. I would find it very hard to believe that only 3.5 mins was spent on the site. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I go by 'if you enjoyed wasting the time then it's not wasted time', I'm just saying it's not taken out of context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't belive a nice post like this got ruined, MMO champ can suck a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Can't belive a nice post like this got ruined, MMO champ can suck a lot.
    Yeah I concur, even happens when a thread's made around someone passing, others will come in to shit talk and derail it meaninglessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyalona View Post
    There is no irony. I'm not someone who spends hours each day just to give other people mounts. I honestly think, whoever this guy is, he must have issues. There is no way you can spend that kind of time on the game, and not just on the game, but on one single idea, which is to give other people rare mounts, while still having an actual life.

I can spend 10 minutes a day on a forum and still have a life. There is no way someone can get other people over a hundred, rare, hard-to-get mounts, that require a lot of time investment, while still having a fulfilling life. He can't even play the game for himself, while still making sure over hundred people get rare mounts like these. I know people who have invested countless hours into getting just one of these mounts for themselves and still haven't succeded.

He's probably someone who is too scared to go outside and has issues making real friends in real life, and the game is all he has. I know the type.

What he's doing is not kindness, it's a cry for help.
    It isn't hours a day. There's a pattern. A very clear one. Level 100 trial characters can fly in Broken Isles meaning that dead servers (foreign language RP servers work best) can be scouted easily and all the crystal spawn points are known. There are people who sell the positions too.

People have managed to figure out the exact spawn pattern of Void Talon portals in WoD too, so it's less no-life and more patterns and timings for the respawn.

Yeah I concur, even happens when a thread's made around someone passing, others will come in to shit talk and derail it meaninglessly.
    I am indeed seeped with regret for creating it on MMO-Champ. Reported it for a lock twice but the mods don't seem to care that it's devolved into nothing but 7 pages of fighting.

I am indeed seeped with regret for creating it on MMO-Champ. Reported it for a lock twice but the mods don't seem to care that it's devolved into nothing but 7 pages of fighting.
    I guess you still dont realise that your attitude is one of the reason why this has turned in to this? You have 32 posts out of 142 replies in this thread.

Lots of nice people in the game, they are overshadowed by the people that bitch that's all.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Not surprised, the same thing happened in the thread about TotalBuiscuit passing away, people were pinging mods and all sorts however it was left to devolve into a political toxic cesspool.

I guess you still dont realise that your attitude is one of the reason why this has turned in to this? You have 32 posts out of 142 replies in this thread.
    Don't worry kid, I remember you explaining how people insulting others with no provocation is fine, but me replying to those people makes me an asshole; we don't have to go through all of it again.

As I posted several pages ago, as long as people choose to insult a kind stranger who isn't here to defend himself I am obligated to do so. And as for you, if you don't want a fight don't fucking start one.

How the fuck did we get here as a civilization, trying to artificially spawn black holes and sending robots to mars whilst simultaneously trying to stop gay people from buying cake and me having to explain to this fucking clown that insults beget insults, not warmth and kindness.

About as far off topic as one can get but I really like your sig, the way it transitions so well into mmo's vBulletin theme looks really nice.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2018-06-14 at 01:58 AM.

Don't worry kid, I remember you explaining how people insulting others with no provocation is fine, but me replying to those people makes me an asshole; we don't have to go through all of it again.

As I posted several pages ago, as long as people choose to insult a kind stranger who isn't here to defend himself I am obligated to do so. And as for you, if you don't want a fight don't fucking start one.

How the fuck did we get here as a civilization, trying to artificially spawn black holes and sending robots to mars whilst simultaneously trying to stop gay people from buying cake and me having to explain to this fucking clown that insults beget insults, not warmth and kindness.
    Well it started with one user making signature about other user to flame him. Atleast that's how I got here. Without your sig I wouldn't be here.

Well it started with one user making signature about other user to flame him. Atleast that's how I got here. Without your sig I wouldn't be here.
    Really? So it started with me making a signature out of a post saying a very nice person not available to defend himself needed to get a life? Not with the 'needs to get a life' statement itself? Really? Do... do you not know time is linear? Are you honestly too simple to understand telling someone they are a waste of existence is an insult in most cultures? Do you just have no fucking clue how a forum works and assume the threads conversation starts on page 3? Where's the disconnect here?

Really? So it started with me making a signature out of a post saying a very nice person not available to defend himself needed to get a life? Not with the 'needs to get a life' statement itself? Really? Do... do you not know time is linear? Are you honestly too simple to understand telling someone they are a waste of existence is an insult in most cultures? Do you just have no fucking clue how a forum works and assume the threads conversation starts on page 3? Where's the disconnect here?
    Considering all the things you have written down in this thread saying someone needs a real life is nothing. I think the best part is that saying someone needs a life in gaming community is more of pun than actual insult. You just went overboard with it.