Thread: 2H Frost QNA

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

2H Frost QNA

If you finally want an answer to this question then go upvote my post, it's the only one!
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=14#post-262

I'll repeat this again here. Asking them to change the class to suit two handed weapons won't work - Blizzard's focus is balancing the playstyles with talents, not the weapon types you're using. At this point, even if we were to use a two handed weapon the only difference would be the runeforging. Top-end weapon damage has no impact on skill damage now, it's all calculated based on attack power. Also, the two handed playstyle before Legion was focusing on using KM for obliterate - exactly what we have now. I'm not even sure how a talent for two handed weapons would look, i think the only solution would be increasing the gcd for a damage increase.

What we should do is ask them to expand the transmog system for weapons. We have a great opportunity because of the artifact weapon fiasco - some classes are completely screwed over by the weapon type they were given in legion. For example, holy paladins had a two handed healing mace and it's unlikely that blizzard will introduce two handed healing weapons just to let holy paladins use their skins. Windwalkers are also screwed - fist weapons can't be transmogged into other one handers, so to use their appearances they'd have to get a fist weapon only.

Asking blizzard to expand the weapon transmogrification for classes that could logicaly use other weapon types is the best way to get two handed weapons for FDK back. It's a tempting fix for Blizzard, it would not only shut us up, but also windwalker monks that want to use staves, and the longest standing two handed enh shaman crowd.

Waste of a question slot to be blunt.

Blizzard has made it very clear with their actions that want classes to not have so much overlap with their identities. This includes weapon combinations not only is annoying to balance but they want different classes and specs to use different weapons.

Deleted
    Thank you for taking the time to submit that question on the official forums. Hope they'll at least take it into consideration. Must I have an active account to be able to upvote your post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    If you finally want an answer to this question then go upvote my post, it's the only one!
    2H Frost would have been cool, I never played it, only mained DK in Legion.

But now that we see that 2H is not coming in BfA - can the forum gang stop it now?

futile

adjective

incapable of producing any useful result; pointless.

This is like that simpsons episode where homer goes to the grand Kwik E mart

when he gets there he is promised that he will have any 3 questions he asks answered

This is what you 2hnd frost DKs sound like at this point

I would upvote it if I was on the US servers, however I think the only possible solution would be a cosmetic one. So the spec would function the same and have the exact same output, but with the apperance of a 2-handed weapon. I am sure they have the technology to make it happen if they want to.

Yeah, I wish you had framed it as a cosmetic/glyph option instead of requesting for actual 2Hd use, which they obviously won't even consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Yeah, I wish you had framed it as a cosmetic/glyph option instead of requesting for actual 2Hd use, which they obviously won't even consider.
    I'll edit the question to include that.

I believe it would be easier if Frost went 2H going forward. And then, have the Artifact appearances as the 1H transmog options. This is opposed to doing it the other way around. I think this path would be our best chance to have our cake and eat it too.

insert image of beating a dead horse here

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    insert image of beating a dead horse here
    As long as you're beating it with a 2Hander...

Yawn!
    This again...They won't even ask this question to him, Ion only answers softballs.

Just a heads-up, your question is longer than their 40 word limit. Not sure how strict they are on that but it is worth considering to trim the question a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    waste of question slot at this point
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    waste of question slot at this point
    I still have hope and believe Blizzard will do the right thing.
    From what I understand their original reasoning for getting rid of it in the first place was to make room for Legion weapons but since they're gone whats the issue now?
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2018-06-14 at 04:05 AM.

I still have hope and believe Blizzard will do the right thing.
    From what I understand there original reasoning for getting rid of it in the first place was to make room for Legion weapons but since they're gone whats the issue now?
    Firstly, the "right thing"? Really? Your desire to have a weapon playstyle reinstated is the "right thing"? I love how you assume that you have the moral high ground on the issue at all lol.

Secondly, they did a lot more than simply remove it from the spec to make way for the weapons.

They have been working since 2015 to individualize the different specs with what abilities they have and the further defining their niches. This has been echoed across every class for the most part including the removal of SMF from Fury leaving only TG as the play style. The did the same thing to monks with 2H ww going away as well as DW going away for BrM. The idea of artifact weapons simply made it easier to roll out the change.

This whole design philosophy has already been continued into BfA with many CDs and other abilities separated out and given to specific specs to further reinforce spec identity. It also has the added benefit of making balancing abilities much simpler since they do not need to worry about ability X or Y for DW and for 2H.

Thirdly, the issue is that the can only answer so many questions per session. Flooding the Q&A thread with things like this is basically the equivalent of white noise since it will not actually be answered or if it does get an answer it will not be what you are hoping for. Given that they have already shown the community the intention of further laying out the indentity of each spec as they see it makes asking such a question a waste of time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Firstly, the "right thing"? Really? Your desire to have a weapon playstyle reinstated is the "right thing"? I love how you assume that you have the moral high ground on the issue at all lol.
    I've been playing my Death Knight since their inception..actually no since Wrath beta. I've played 2H frost in every expansion except Legion for reasons already known to everyone. I fell in love with my class because of everything it was since the beginning including 2H frost.This entitles me to speak on what I would like to get out of my class fantasy; So in a of matter speaking...yes I do believe I have the "moral high ground" to request a simple re-insertion of a something so simple that had no bearing on gameplay but a style and thematic touch to the class people enjoyed. I simply have no desire to play DW as that's not what I envision for my decade old class.

Furthermore I'm very well aware of Blizzard's goal to emphasize uniqueness amongst the different roles and specializations for each class. I'm not really sure how restricting Frost to DW accomplishes that goal meanwhile tons of other classes can use two-handed weapons in multiple roles. With this logic that means Unholy should be the only DK spec to use 2H and Blood should use a shield huh? It's so stupid.

Your argument that asking for 2H frost back is a waste of a question for the QNA simply on the basis of what they're doing in BFA? Never once have they ever given us a proper answer on if will ever be brought back or not and with the overwhelming support to do so I can see them changing their minds on it. Just in a couple days time we were able to get Pillar of Frost back despite being removed in an earlier build because of the near-unanimous dislike of its removal.

Not to be be rude but you sound like the type of person to just go with the flow instead of thinking outside of the norm or developing your own ideas. It's perfectly fine to be against what Blizzard wants to do and not just cater to whatever they want because they said so.
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2018-06-14 at 05:01 AM.

could you not make the question more all-purpose instead? how about something along the lines of: will you allow classes to choose which weapontype to use after changing skilldamage to AP rather than weapon dps?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So it's definitely not coming back in BFA then? sad times