Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Walmart robber tries to carjack two different cars, both drivers pull out guns

Bolded some of the interesting parts.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/suspecte...pull-out-guns/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WSVN) — Police say a man who tried to carjack two people was thwarted after the victims both pulled out guns to protect themselves.

According to Fox 30, Jacksonville police officers arrested 36-year-old Christopher Raymond Hill, charging him with strong-arm robbery, carjacking with firearm or deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and trespassing.

Detectives said the incident began when Hill robbed a Walmart liquor store, and attempted to flee in a silver Ford SUV. However, witnesses said the vehicle would not start, so he first tried to carjack Scott Reardean at knifepoint, cutting him on his arms and legs.

“I reached in between my glove box and my console, between my seats, reached down and got my weapon and brandished it for him,” Reardean told WJXT. “He was like, ‘Don’t shoot me.’ I was like, ‘Then get out of here.’”

Hill then jumped into the passenger seat of a woman’s car in a Starbucks drive-thru. Police said the woman got out of her car and grabbed a pistol from her trunk, pointing it at Hill until he ran off.

Reardean said he was glad he had his gun with him for self-defense.

“These guys can talk about banning assault rifles and banning guns, but when it comes and happens to them, they’re going to wish they had one,” Reardean told the station.

Ultimately, police found Hill inside the bathroom of a Supercuts, where he surrendered.

According to an arrest report, Hill told police, “The reason I was running and did this was because somebody was after me.”

Hill is currently being held on a bond of $91,512.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Florida.

10chars

in before this devolves into a gun control thread, because it's mmo-c its happening if you like it or not.

“These guys can talk about banning assault rifles and banning guns, but when it comes and happens to them, they’re going to wish they had one,”

what shit tier robber doesn't have a gun of his own? the phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" it's not a phrase in america it's a rule because everyone has guns! he was lucky to not be killed after cutting a man on his arms and legs i'm pretty sure he could of shot the guy dead and faced no charges.

Is Florida actually abbreviated as Fla or is that just a Florida writer being extra Floridian?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a lesson here? That sometimes people being armed works out? Because I can post a bunch of threads about toddlers shooting themselves in the head if you'd like examples of the inverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Is Florida actually abbreviated as Fla or is that just a Florida writer being extra Floridian?
    First line of Lou Reed's 1972 'Walk on the Wild side'

"Holly came from Miami F.L.A."
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Should have shot him imo. He clearly plans to continue.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Should have shot him imo. He clearly plans to continue.
    I'm surprised he didn't get shot after cutting up the first guy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Is there a lesson here? That sometimes people being armed works out? Because I can post a bunch of threads about toddlers shooting themselves in the head if you'd like examples of the inverse.
    Got it, steal everyone's rights because some people are too stupid to have them.

Can't have any unhealthy food, some people are too stupid and get diabetes and die. No alcohol, because some retard will drink and drive. No weed, as it sometimes causes paranoia which could lead to dangerous situations. No doctors, malpractice willing or otherwise is harmful! No utensils because you could stab someone with a fork. No salt, that's bad for your heart. No video games, because some parents don't pay attention. No internet access because there's mean people and cyberbullying out there!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Fla. is an older abbreviation that's still in use in some places. The two letter abbreviations originated with the Post Office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Got it, steal everyone's rights because some people are too stupid to have them.

Can't have any unhealthy food, some people are too stupid and get diabetes and die. No alcohol, because some retard will drink and drive. No weed, as it sometimes causes paranoia which could lead to dangerous situations. No doctors, malpractice willing or otherwise is harmful! No utensils because you could stab someone with a fork. No salt, that's bad for your heart. No video games, because some parents don't pay attention. No internet access because there's mean people and cyberbullying out there!
    Most of the things you listed affect primarily the individual engaging in the behavior. It's hard to kill someone else with your diabetes. Also, the degree of damage that you can cause with say, a fork an an AR15 are not the same (obviously...). Comparing the two is just intellectually dishonest.

Anyway, your argument is shit. We regulate plenty of things and guns are an outlier. Cars, which have far more utility and aren't made for the explicit purpose of ending life, are harder to get a license to operate. Regulations are meant to reduce risk, and guns should not be special in that regard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another example of a successful self defense with a firearm. Happens far more often than anti-gunners want to admit.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

This "Christopher Raymond Hill" had a very bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Another example of a successful self defense with a firearm. Happens far more often than anti-gunners want to admit.
    It certainly happens. I'm not sure anyone's done an exhaustive cost-benefit analysis of firearm ownership, looking at things like increased suicide rate, children killing themselves and others, collateral damage from self defense, unjustified killings, risk for licensed weapons to eventually be used for crime, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This "Christopher Raymond Hill" had a very bad day.
    for sure HE was the real victim here

how is it good for the people to allow garbage like this to stay in the gene pool breeding?

So in either of these situations an AR wasn't going to help them and the ban is speaking about AR's not handguns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Agree but if the first guy actually would have shot the criminal the second victim would not have come into a dangerous situation.

Our Floridian robbers hardly amount to much. Quite a mess here.

- - - Updated - - -

Fla is often used as the state abbreviation.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

well an important lesson for robber , when everyone has gun ,you should also get a gun