10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Maybe you should say "8.0 PTR" if thats what you mean, because if someone says "8.0 is coming", the first interpretation is "to live", because on the beta we've had 8.0 already for months. =p
    When was the last time Blizzard actually released a patch on the live servers outside of Tuesday/Wednesday besides like, possibly once or twice during the fourteen years this game has been out? It should have easily been inferred by him that I was referring to the PTR considering that tomorrow is Thursday, and not Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I'm still pretty sure that we were supposed to be doing both factions for pathfinder, they changed it after seeing the backlash.
    Achievements showing both factions requirements accidentally is not a new thing, it happened all the time. So no, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's one weird looking horse.
    Maybe it's one of the next allied races.

question to those with 120 toons and ~raidfinder/nhc ilvl gear:
    up to which old content can you solo without much effort? or duo?
    before char copy was active I tried soo with a 110 premade and the trash before the first boss killed me...

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    question to those with 120 toons and ~raidfinder/nhc ilvl gear:
    up to which old content can you solo without much effort? or duo?
    before char copy was active I tried soo with a 110 premade and the trash before the first boss killed me...
    No matter what the current level that a geared 120 can solo up to is, what you describe is a bug that has to be fixed and will eventually be fixed (let's hope). It's the usual squish issue. They do these squishes and they seem to continue doing them in an ad-hoc fashion fixing things to work just for the current squish, not for all future squishes. Hence every squish brings a ton of holes in mostly expected places - old raids, rares of next-to-last expansion, mobs with unique mechanics, etc.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-06-14 at 11:24 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Reading through the later chapters, again... I'm really starting to feel that Golden is setting Calia up to be the new queen of the Forsaken. That they -do- intend to get rid of Sylvanas (Through death or just distance) and have Calia come up from nowhere to take over.

It's... kind of cool? Somewhat frustrating but also cool.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No matter what the current level that a geared 120 can solo up to is, what you describe is a bug that has to be fixed and will eventually be fixed (let's hope). It's the usual squish issue. They do these squishes and they seem to continue doing them in an ad-hoc fashion fixing things to work just for the current squish, not for all future squishes. Hence every squish brings a ton of holes in mostly expected places - old raids, rares of next-to-last expansion, mobs with unique mechanics, etc.
    let's hope it's a bug
    I thought it was a one of those downsides of the squish

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The book states that there are 22. Only 22 Desolate Council members, which 25 Bat Riding Priests are sent to protect, since the Alliance is sending up to 5 humans -per- Desolate Council member, plus their guards and accompaniment.

So... 12 people get killed on the field. 10 retreat before the horn is blown and Calia is revealed.

Have you read the book, yet, Lahis?
    Didn't the Forsaken include any civilians on their side?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How would Calia be a Queen of HORDE-aligned Forsaken?
    They go to great lengths to have Calia, Sylvanas, and Anduin all make specific and -explicit mention of the fact hat Calia isn't part of the Alliance. She even explicitly states to Anduin that she doesn't consider herself to be a part of it, even as a human, because of Lordaeron's fall.

If/When Sylvanas is deposed or killed or leaves for some reason, Calia could step right up and sit on the throne of a rebuilt Lordaeron and bring the Forsaken back to it. Anduin would let her 'cause he actually considers going to war against Sylvanas -explicitly- to get Calia her kingdom back. Like. It's a thing. There's multiple paragraphs dedicated to Anduin considering going to war against the Horde for Calia's benefit.

She wouldn't be a puppet of the Alliance, but she'd be a strong voice for peace on behalf of the Forsaken. Between the Forsaken and the Tauren there'd be 2 big strong voices in the Horde for peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Didn't the Forsaken include any civilians on their side?
    The 22 Desolate Council Members are all presented as civilians. Laborers, crafters. One of them makes silk scarves. Another is a doctor. A third is a blacksmith. There's the three Felstone boys who have fought for Sylvanas...

But no. The only Forsaken who are allowed on the Arathi Highlands are the 22 members of the Desolate Council. The only Humans allowed on the field are the 19 who came from the Alliance.

Well. Not counting Faol and Calia who both represent the Netherlight Temple as a neutral party, rather than one side or the other. Both sides wanted to keep the number of people on the field very, -very-, small to avoid rash words or actions to start a war neither side wanted or was ready for.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    So early for the pre-patch...Oh wow...O_O;
    Was expecting it too be next month...
    Next month we should have the patch on Live servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    With 22 Forsaken and 19 Humans we know that at -least- 3 of the Forsaken have no one show up for them. But there are also those who have 2 people, even 3, show up to meet them. There's also the section where Genn and Anduin talk about people getting rejected, there, and turning back to Thoradin's Wall. So we're probably looking at something closer to 7 Forsaken don't have anyone visit them at all, 4 get rejected on the Highlands before the meeting started, others wound up getting rejected once their human family had been called, and the remaining forsaken to spend a little time with people who can see past their skin and find the love that's within them. I say closer to 7 'cause Elsie didn't have anyone to visit, but still stayed on the field to hang out with Parqual and his daughter.

(It was noted by Velcinda, however, that everyone had been -told- by the Alliance that -someone- would be there to visit them from their list of 5. Which is fucking weird since she acknowledges that she isn't going to see anyone..? More schizophrenic writing from Golden...)
    You are miscounting them. Not every meeting was 1 on 1. There was the human mother who met her three now Forsaken sons. That already has 21 Forsaken accounted for, and like you said, Elsie wasn't meeting anyone.

You are miscounting them. Not every meeting was 1 on 1. There was the human mother who met her three now Forsaken sons. That already has 21 Forsaken accounted for, and like you said, Elsie wasn't meeting anyone.
    (Ha! I knew it. Interest satisfied, back to scrolling through sections of what seems to be unrelated to gameplay.)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "There is more content coming out soon for launch that hasn't been talked about yet, including stuff that hasn't been tried before."
    From front page, hmm...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

5+ Year Old Account
    Next month we should have the patch on Live servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that would work and make sense. So long as there were no Forsaken with 2 or more humans visiting them. It's never explicitly stated, one way or the other. Would be odd that it goes one way and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    "There is more content coming out soon for launch that hasn't been talked about yet, including stuff that hasn't been tried before."
    From front page, hmm...
    The word "content" makes me interested. As in, this seems like some gameplay, not some, I don't know, web slides with lame pompous shots of the three sisters or whatever.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Is the combined Honor level thing working on the beta currently?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The word "content" makes me interested. As in, this seems like some gameplay, not some, I don't know, web slides with lame pompous shots of the three sisters or whatever.
    Yeah, this definitely seems worded to indicate in-game, playable content. I've been baited before but we'll have to see.

By the way, regarding mythic+, I am eagerly awaiting MDI 2 not to watch it, but rather to see how many viewers it will have. I predict a small decrease from MDI 1's peak of 70k viewers. Right now, MDI sits between HotS (HotS regional finals peak at ~60k) and SC2 (SC2 worlds peak at ~100k, MDI is more on the level of SC2 IEM). It would be interesting to see where specifically MDI will cap out, maybe I am wrong and it will still grow a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Is the combined Honor level thing working on the beta currently?
    I have no idea, but in case you are looking for this, here you go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1650238578

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    By the way, regarding mythic+, I am eagerly awaiting MDI 2 not to watch it, but rather to see how many viewers it will have. I predict a small decrease from MDI 1's peak of 70k viewers. Right now, MDI sits between HotS (HotS regional finals peak at ~60k) and SC2 (SC2 worlds peak at ~100k, MDI is more on the level of SC2 IEM). It would be interesting to see where specifically MDI will cap out, maybe I am wrong and it will still grow a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea, but in case you are looking for this, here you go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1650238578
    Oh! Thanks a lot for that.

EDIT: So, apparently according to this tool, my BFA honor level will be 15,23, which sounds reasonable. Any news regarding which level of honor awards the weapon appearances?
    Last edited by Venziir; 2018-06-14 at 02:00 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You mean finals of MDI2, right? I bet this one will be lower and then BfA one will be high again because of the novelty.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-06-14 at 02:08 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the video ( Because of Matt Mercer tbh) , they are clearly talking about story content like comics and animations , nothing gameplay related.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!