New Symmetra Rework - Getting Started Guide

New Symmetra Rework - Getting Started Guide
    Today we are taking a quick look at how to play Symmetra after all of the recent changes!

I mean I do like her, but she is a completely different hero now. Her left click instead of sticking to targets around corners now scales with your mouse tracing skills, which imo is much harder than widow or mcree aiming.

Basically she has a sky-high skillcap now, not just tactically but mechanically. She is up there with Zarya and Tracer now. And it is more than just her left click, in order to get value out of the TP and ult you will need to intensely communicate and coordinate with your team. No matter what she will be balanced around this.

Big changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I mean I do like her, but she is a completely different hero now. Her left click instead of sticking to targets around corners now scales with your mouse tracing skills, which imo is much harder than widow or mcree aiming.

Basically she has a sky-high skillcap now, not just tactically but mechanically. She is up there with Zarya and Tracer now. And it is more than just her left click, in order to get value out of the TP and ult you will need to intensely communicate and coordinate with your team. No matter what she will be balanced around this.

Big changes.
    Soooo in other words, she isn’t a brain dead fire and forget hero now. Good. It was really needed.

Deleted
    I like the changes for her. but i will say, I think she dramatically needs some mobility, the teleporter is not enough. 10M is super short, is borderline melee range, And for her to enter that range she will take damage before entering, she got no CC. I also dont like that her new changes IS a neff to reinheart who is already not doing to well with the breigetta play, now a rein pretty much means a free supercharged symmetra.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Soooo in other words, she isn’t a brain dead fire and forget hero now. Good. It was really needed.
    Every game, no matter what it is, requires large numbers of lower skill players in order to afford to create content for the more serious ones. If you make every character require high skill, there are no low skill characters for those people and they get bored and stop playing. If that happens, the amount of revenue coming in from loot boxes goes down and it becomes longer viable to continue creating content. Therefore, while a rework was necessary, if it makes it too difficult to play for those that played it before then it is not 'good', as you put it. A middle ground is a much better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I like the changes for her. but i will say, I think she dramatically needs some mobility, the teleporter is not enough. 10M is super short, is borderline melee range, And for her to enter that range she will take damage before entering, she got no CC. I also dont like that her new changes IS a neff to reinheart who is already not doing to well with the breigetta play, now a rein pretty much means a free supercharged symmetra.
    The mobility she's getting is actually pretty great. The teleporters act almost like Tracer's blink - you can go back and forth between the portals while it's up, which is actually very great - even if the enemy will know where you'll end up.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The mobility she's getting is actually pretty great. The teleporters act almost like Tracer's blink - you can go back and forth between the portals while it's up, which is actually very great - even if the enemy will know where you'll end up.
    I tried, and it is great for team mobility, but she is still a 200 HP hero, with no armor, Which Now , have to aim, so she can't do the dance around jump around like a monkey on coke, she actually have to hit to do damamge. And the teleport takes 1 sec to "come online" so she can just blink it and out, even if she enters the"duel" by entering from a portal she just threw down, most heroes have mobility so they can either run away, or they have CC, and she is dead. She is to squicsy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I tried, and it is great for team mobility, but she is still a 200 HP hero, with no armor, Which Now , have to aim, so she can't do the dance around jump around like a monkey on coke, she actually have to hit to do damamge. And the teleport takes 1 sec to "come online" so she can just blink it and out, even if she enters the"duel" by entering from a portal she just threw down, most heroes have mobility so they can either run away, or they have CC, and she is dead. She is to squicsy
    Make sure you post it in the official OW forum then, they'll prob. end up giving her 50 more shield or something.
    Hi

I couldn't wait so I tried her out on the PTR. Her left click feels awesome, but does less damage than I expected tbh. Her TP is awkward to place as I feared, but oh so cool. EVERYTHING goes through that thing including your own turrets. I like her ult too but I can see people not liking it. The turret changes are great too imo.

Overall she felt much faster paced, which is good. On the other hand she also felt squishy. I never thought I'd miss the shield but something was missing survivability wise. Trying to confuse people with your TP only works for so long. As far as DPS go she is quite fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    Every game, no matter what it is, requires large numbers of lower skill players in order to afford to create content for the more serious ones. If you make every character require high skill, there are no low skill characters for those people and they get bored and stop playing. If that happens, the amount of revenue coming in from loot boxes goes down and it becomes longer viable to continue creating content. Therefore, while a rework was necessary, if it makes it too difficult to play for those that played it before then it is not 'good', as you put it. A middle ground is a much better option.
    You can have a low floor high ceiling character. Look at Pharah and Junkrat for example. You can get on them and get kills as a new player or a low skilled player yet others that master it are almost unstoppable on them.

Symmetra was a rain dead champ. There shouldn't be any "lock on" abilities at all. I wish they would rework Mercy as well.